Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf Down ❯ The Question ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vyzre: Thanks for the review(s)!! Trust me, they encourage me to write!! This chapter isn't as long as the last, but it's a good length for me.

Yukiko - Good question, not stupid at all. Jou actually didn't expect it so it was a somewhat surprise, I just didn't show it so well that someone would notice. The hint of it is in this chapter. Moku is a different story. I don't know what to do about his character, but yes, he is Seto's brother in a way… It has to do with Seto's background in Wolf Down more or so.

Darse: Doesn't she have some good reviewers.

Vyzre: I know; I'm so happy!! -tears forming- I'm glad people actually like this story.

~

Vyzre: -groans- I have three tests, two quizzes next week THEN I have finals the week after that. So after one more chapter that's it until school is out for the semester on the seventeenth of December . -groans- I hate finals, exams, etcetera; I hate it all!!.

Darse: Stop your whining!! You give them short chapters each update!!

Vyzre: -groaning-I know, hate to be me!! But the length of the chapter depends on the idea and the main happenings of that certain chapter!! And it doesn't help that my history teacher hates me…

Darse: I know isn't it just dandy!!

Vyzre: Anyway, with the holidays coming up I might be able to write more… You never know!!

Darse: She's being boring so… On with the fic!!

 

Title: Wolf Down

Summary: AU What if Seto was a hunter of sorts, and Jou was part wolf? (SJ)

Pairings: Isn't it obvious! There will be another coupling, but nothing to do with Joey or Seto!! So you guys are just going to have to wait it out!! MWAHAHAHA!! Sorry, got carried away. (P.S. - the characters are OOC more of the time than not.)

 

Disclaimer: Don't own yugioh or its characters…..

"speech"- regular talking

`speech'- thoughts

-speech-animals talking (only in the story it is)

Wolf Down Ch. 4: The Question by Vyzre (aka CrossH.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last time on Wolf Down:

When I looked up, I gasped there was a magnificent dragon whose wing span reached beyond the edges to the walls body length which took up the entire ceiling. The dragon had white scales and deep blue eyes that stared down at me. `Whoever did this painting did the strokes perfectly for the scales and the eyes…their indescribable,' I babbled in my mind. I heard the door opened and quickly turned my head to the intruder of my daydream. I tensed. `He can't see me, he can't see me, he can't see me; he'll..,' I repeated in my head until his intense sapphire eyes was fully focused on me. `No, he'll….' Frighten, I backed up in the bed not caring if my body was screaming against it until I reached the corner where the two walls joined. My body froze, as the intruder….

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO# Third Person POV #OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

Intense sapphire eyes gazed into those of frightened amber. The sapphire eyes watched the blonde boy, lingering on the boy until the owner decided to see something for himself. As the owner of the sapphire moved forward, the blonde froze. Realizing what was happening, the blonde push back on the wall as if it would hide him from the blue eyed brunette. All the sudden a black stripe blur spurred through the room, crashing right into the blonde's chest.

Jou looked down seeing the familiar appearing cub. Licking Jou's face, the cub relieved the tension from the blonde distracting him long enough for Seto to move closer unnoticed.

Seto lifted Moku from the blonde. Their eyes once again met. Jou shivered from the gaze; once again, Jou was frightened by the other presence in the room but not showing it to his opponent by the face.

Slowly Seto reached out to touch the blonde and bring him to his senses. His hand not even 2 inches to the blonde when Moku growls telling him to stay put. He never did know how he knew what Moku was thinking. Seto didn't move leaving his arm stretched out with Moku in his other arm.

"Come on, breakfast is set," Seto tried to encourage the teen on the floor as best as he could, of course, knowing him his tone was not all that welcoming.

Jou looked at the stranger curiously. He was hungry, but he wouldn't trust this brunette so easily. Looking up at the brunette stranger and the cub in his arms, he met the emotionless sapphires then looked at the bright gray orbs lightened with happiness. Slowly Jou took the hand in front of him and waited for a reaction from the other. He didn't know if he could do this or how this happened in the first place.

"Nice to see we're getting somewhere. What's your name?" Seto asked as he slowly pulled the blonde off the floor trying not to irritate the wounds.

"J-Jo-Jonouchi K-Katsuya….but I go by Jou."

"Never heard of a name like that, must be rare. Seto Kaiba and this little rascal is Moku," Seto stated referring to the black fur ball in his arms. `Where is that name from? I'll need to look into that,' Seto stared at Jou wondering to himself. Not many people lived here for miles except for Drake and another town about a mile away. He lived right on the outskirts of Drake (Vyzre: Remember this. Darse: Who would the name is boring! Think of something better.)so not a lot of people bothered him.

Moku starred at the two, both seemed to be in their own little worlds. Seto looked to be in deep thought while Jou eyes were gazed. Forgetting that Jou could understand him, Moku cried out - Hey, guys cut it out!-in barks.

Jou snapped out of his trance. "What?" Jou stared confusingly at Moku. Noticing that he was being stared at for his unexpected question, he blushed and looked down at his feet not liking the attention he was receiving.

Hearing what sounded like soft yelps from ahead of him, he looked around and found Moku snickering at him. "It's not funny!" Jou yelled at Moku.

Moku couldn't contain it any longer; he just burst out into yelps which considerably sounded like laughs.

Seto just blinked and looked down at the laughing, yelping pup. "Moku, don't," he stated firmly to the pup in his arm. Moku stopped his puppy laughter and looked up at him with apologetic eyes.

Jou glared at Moku and stuck his tongue out at him. Seeing this, Moku growled and barked playfully back.

"Cut it out, the both of you are acting very immature and look immature as well."

Jou immediately did as said though he was still glaring at Moku.

"Well, I suspect you will be staying with us until your wounds are healed. Would you like to stay?" Seto asked Jou wondering if he will regret this decision.

"….."

"Do you want to stay?"

"Well, I don't want to be a burden to you…"

"Just answer the question and don't worry about it," Seto hurriedly snapped if the boy didn't stay God only knows what will happen to the teen.

"If you don't mind, I'll stay," Jou stated nervously not sure if he made the right decision, but for some reason he wanted to get to know Seto better. `And maybe it would be nice to have another friend,' Jou thought happily nodding his head.

"Since that is settled, let's go downstairs and eat now," Seto stated plainly tired of the two of them already and it was only the first day. `Why me?' Seto groaned in his thoughts.

Moku gave a cry of happiness since the boy was expected to stay with them for at least a little while. Moku was glad he would finally have someone besides Seto to hang around. Speaking of which, maybe Seto will open up a little more with another person around.

Putting Moku on the bed, Seto headed out of the room and down the stairs to get breakfast on the table and get his coffee ready.

Jou followed the brunette out of the room looking at the surroundings before going after him. He followed him until they reached the kitchen. Stopping, Jou smelled the delicious aroma of freshly cooked food. Looking around, Jou found the brunette by the stove getting a plate out of the cabinet to the right of it. Jou went up to Seto and stood next to him looking at the food that was on the plate. Suddenly, Jou's stomach made a large grumbling sound (Vyzre: Don't know what you would call it). Embarrassed, Jou blushed. He couldn't help it if his stomach grumbled because he was starved for a day.

"I hope you don't drool all over my arm."

Jou blinked not comprehending the statement right away. "Hey, I don't drool!"

"Are you sure, puppy, because I see something coming from your mouth?"

Jou quickly wiped his mouth with his arm, but he didn't feel anything. Jou glared at Seto seeing the small amount of laughter in his eyes. Once again a familiar sound from earlier reached his ears, as soft yelps were heard from the doorway of the kitchen. "You are so going to get it Moku!!" Jou exclaimed as he went for the black cub.

Moku dashed out of the kitchen not wanting to know what was going to happen if he was caught by the angry blonde.

"You're not getting any revenge until you eat." Seto said as he grabbed Jou's shoulder and steered him to the table in the kitchen.

Jou pouted. `Just you wait Moku, I will have my revenge,' he thought to himself with a gleam in his eyes. He sat down at the table and ate his food quietly.

Seto grabbed his coffee from the counter and turned around just in time to see the dark gleam in Jou's eyes. `That doesn't look like a good sign for Moku,' Seto sighed; he was somehow going to be dragged into their antics sooner or later and he knew it.

Taking his seat at the table, Seto picked up the newspaper from the table to check if there was anything interesting to read. Not finding anything, he took a sip of his coffee while he watched Jou eat.

"Jou, may I ask you a question?"

Jou blinked up from his breakfast. He would have said no, but he was a guest and it would be rude if he did and Seto asked innocently enough. (Vyzre: -cough- -cough- Darse: Poor little Jou, not knowing what he is getting himself into.) "Sure," he answered.

"Why were you out in the Dark Forest?"

Jou froze; he didn't expect Seto to ask him that question. `Should I tell him the truth…' Jou asked himself. `But what if….' Jou stared at Seto looking into his emotionless sapphire eyes. `I know what I'll do……..'

 

 

TBC…..?

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Almost as long as last time not quite, but I am not promising that they will always be this long because there really was a good stopping point in here besides this one. Of course, the other stopping point would have been better cliffy than this one. And no, Jou will not kill Moku just to let you know.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Vyzre: You know, I think this is the most I have typed in my entire life. That's sad, isn't it? Oh well, what do you guys think of the story so far? Any suggestion, I might take into consideration?

Darse: I have a suggestion!!

Vyzre: `You know how some teachers ask this?'-thoughts- Is it a stupid question?

Darse: No.

Vyzre: Then ask away.

Darse: Stop writing the story!!

Vyzre: YOU ARE SUCH A DOLT!! I THINK I AM ASKING SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE YOUR PLACE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

Darse: Fine. But I get the next chapter after that!!

Vyzre: Crete!!

Crete: ….

Vyzre: You are hosting the next chapter with me.

Crete: …

Jou: A bit silent, isn't he? Anyways…. Please review, she needs all the support she can get!!

 

Okay. I love all of these stories!! If you have not read them then I seriously suggest you do!! And since I love these stories and want my reviewers to read them, I am even going to put their summaries!! Though I believe they are incomplete for different reasons, of course…Shown in next chapter!!

 

 

R&R