Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ X-ness ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8

 

Wow.

 

Wow.

 

I liked chapter 7. Lets see if I can do better this time. But I've just reread all the other chapters and have been kicking myself over how bad they are.

 

Who else liked chapter 7?

 

Disclaimer: I'll try making this extremely witty and funny… No I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh... Damn.

 

"Talking"

 

<Yami/Hikari Link >

 

::Xavier Mental link::

 

//Japanese// (around English people)

 

`Thoughts'

 

PS Malik still has the Rod and Isis has the Tauk. There, I said it.

 

------------------------------

 

Malik Ishtar felt a sudden pain and a bolt of what seemed like fierce adrenaline shoot through his chest and body. He gasped and keeled over as the feeling grew. Isis rolled her eyes as she reached for the stash of paper bags she kept handy in her backpack.

 

"I told you this would happen brother," she scolded. "You shouldn't have had all that food before we left home…Malik?" Hearing no response and seeing the glazed look in her brother's eyes, she felt a bubble of panic start to swell up in her mind. "Malik?" She shook his shoulder. He fell limply against her side, head lolling and eyes rolling. "Malik! Wake up!"

 

`Damn, Rishid would know what to do!' she thought, still shaking him. She placed a finger to his neck and felt for a pulse. Isis gasped before pulling her hand away. His heart was beating so fast, she thought she could see it pulsing in his neck. Malik twitched suddenly and uttered a soft scream. She was just about to call a flight attendant when he suddenly jerked and sat up straight, breathing heavily and shuddering. Isis felt the bubble slowly deflate and glared at her brother. "Don't…ever do that again," she said.

 

Malik stared at her.

 

"What just happened?" he asked, confused. "One moment I felt like I was going to die and the next I'm being yelled at by you."

 

"What?" Isis' anger subsided and was replaced by concern. "You mean you didn't do that just to scare me?"

 

"I'm not stupid!" Malik scoffed. "I don't play childish pranks on people! Especially one like that…what did I do anyway?"

 

"You suddenly fell over in you seat and I just thought you were going to be sick. But then you suddenly stopped breathing and I could only see that whites of your eyes." Isis shuddered. "Not a nice sight."

 

Brother and sister stared at each other. "So," Malik whispered. "What does this mean?"

 

Isis looked thoughtful. "Did you by any chance, receive a vision?" she asked, fingering the gold piece of jewellery that never seemed to leave her neck.

 

"No, that's your job. My job is to brainwash and control others minds," he said, rolling his eyes. "Surely you should know that by now sister." Malik paused. "Actually, wait," he said suddenly. He put a hand to his forehead and wiped the thin layer of sweat away. "I do remember something."

 

"Well?"

 

"Um…there was a man in a wheelchair in front of me who was screaming." Malik shuddered. "Reminded me of when I was with the Ghouls." He frowned suddenly. "I was even wearing that fucking cloak!" he spat.

 

"Anything else?"

 

Malik shook his head slowly. "Only…" he paused and looked away. Isis smiled gently and placed a tan hand on his shoulder.

 

"It is okay, you do not have to talk about it if you do not wish to." Malik pulled away, still not looking at her.

 

"You know I hate it when you get all preachy like that! Its just… I felt like he was in me again."

 

"Who?"

 

"Him. The evil side." Isis nodded, a look of understanding in her eyes.

 

"I know," she soothed gently. "However," she broke off, looking around. "Where is the Rod anyway?"

 

"Its right he-?! Oh shit!" Malik lavender eyes widened as he started scrambling around in his seat. "I know I've got it with me!" He pulled his leather sack down from the over seat compartment. "Shit, shit, shit!" The contents of his bag spilled out onto the aisle.

"Malik!" Isis said as she pulled him back up by the scruff of his neck. Malik yelped as he was thrown back into his seat and she climbed out of hers. "I'll find it." Isis knelt down on the floor and separated the items with her hands. "Malik," she scolded. "You just had to bring so much gold!"

 

Malik snickered. "Is that what you're going to do the whole time; tell me off?" Isis didn't feel like she needed to answer that but gave him a look. After several minutes of shuffling around through the various items of jewellery, she managed to find the large rod/dagger.

 

"There it is," Malik exclaimed, putting his hand out for the Millennium item. Isis slapped the hand away and started piling everything back into the sack.

 

"Malik. How in the name of Ra did you manage to get this pass the security?" she asked, looking at the Rod.

 

"Brainwashed the guards of course," Malik answered, as if it were a normal thing to do. Isis couldn't help but smile at him. Malik, ever the conman, seized the moment in which Isis was no longer mad at him and snatched the Rod from her fingers. He laughed and sat back in his seat, twirling it between his own tanned fingers.

 

"Malik!" But it was no use. Malik had already, plugged his ears with his favourite rock music and his head was now bobbing in tune. Isis sighed again as she started clearing up.

 

"Excuse me miss?" Isis looked up. An aged airhostess was peering down at her. "Would you please return to your seat as we are landing soon." She pointed at the flashing seatbelt sign. Isis nodded and stood up.

 

"Yes of course."

 

The flight attendant nodded curtly and her eyes landed on the younger Ishtar.

 

"Sir? Would you please turn off your music as it may interfere with the-? Sir! Is that a knife?" Isis froze when she heard those four words. The old lady was staring pointedly at the gold Rod, anxiousness apparent in her eyes.

 

`Damn,' Isis thought. She quickly turned around to find that Malik hadn't heard at all and that the old woman looked like she was about to have a heart attack. "No, it isn't," Isis assured the attendant. "It is just a toy." She signalled urgently to Malik to take his headphones off. Malik looked up at the two ladies and followed their gaze. His own eyes widening with shock, he quickly aimed the Rod at the assistant and a golden eye glowed for a fraction of a second on his forehead.

 

"Malik!" Isis hissed. But there was nothing to do about it now. The elderly lady had a vacant look in her eyes as she turned away and ambled down the aisle, bumping into one of the other passengers on the way.

 

"Malik! Release her now," Isis ordered. Malik didn't answer, but obeyed. They watched her open her eyes, blink and shake her head. Isis quickly ducked from view and snatched the Rod from Malik's grasp.

 

"What did you do that for," Malik whined. It had been ages since he had used the Rod properly (Not including the security guards) and the thrill of controlling one's mind was slowly disappearing.

 

Isis, ever the practical one, stowed the Rod in a safe place. "Well, I couldn't let her see us," she said. "In case her memory suddenly came back."

 

Malik snorted. "Can't you trust me with a simple task of erasing us from her mind?"

 

"Knowing you, you'd probably make her ambush the captain or something crazy like that."

 

"Sister!" Malik turned on her with a sudden anger in his eyes. "I have grown up since the…the incident!" He grasped his sister's shoulders firmly and started shaking her. "He isn't here anymore! It wasn't me! Can't anyone trust me?" His fingers began to dig into her skin as he started to slightly shake.

 

"Malik…" Isis said gently as she pried Malik off. "Look, no one is going to blame you for what that…that…bastard's doing. Besides," she added. "No one else knows or really cares about it, aside from those who were directly affected." Malik nodded and pulled away.

 

"I suppose."

 

"Good."

 

Malik looked away and glanced out the window. "We have arrived," he said softly.

 

---------------------------------

 

All eyes were on the professor's unconscious body.

 

"What did he just say?" Yami's unbelieving voice cut through the silence.

 

The last two mutants turned around and looked at the other boy properly for the first time. He was taller than Yugi, and his hair seemed to have been shaken a lot more. He held his head up high and his back straight and his stance was slightly more calm and collected than Yugi's energetic bounce. An icy fire seemed to burn in his ruby eyes. Now that Scott and Jean look at him, they wondered how they confused him with Yugi.

 

Yami tore his gaze away from Xavier and stared at the double windows. "Did you hear that, Tomb Robber?" He seemed to be talking to the curtains.

 

"What do you think?" A figure stepped out from behind the dusty lengths of cloth. Ryou's replica walked towards the small group, hand hanging off his hip in a disgruntled way. His features were more similar to Ryou's than the other's to Yugi's. Though you just had to look at the white haired boy's face and you could tell that it wasn't the same gentle person. He ignored Scott and Jean's gazes as he sauntered past them and cautiously poked Charles on the head.

 

"H-hey!" Scott scrambled to his feet. "Stay away from him!" The boy merely glanced at him and laughed.

 

"I'm not going to do anything to this oldie. Though it seems that he contains valuable information…" he trailed off as he stared thoughtfully at the sleeping man. "Hey Yami, you reckon that we could get more info from him?"

 

`Yami,' Scott thought as she looked at the other boy. `That must be his name.'

 

`Strange how close it resembles the name Yugi,' Jean commented, catching Scott's thought by accident. Scott turned to her and nodded. They both heard the two start a conversation, but the two mutants were too immersed in making a plan to pay any attention to Yami and the other.

 

`We should really get out of here. Evan and Kurt were both sent off, but we haven't heard from them,' Scott told Jean.

 

`Do you think something happened to them?'

 

`I have a bad feeling. But we need to take those two out and find out what happened to Yugi and Ryou. Never mind them finding out about our powers. '

 

Jean nodded and on her count of three, they both stood up and Scott raised his glasses.

 

 

Evan skidded to a stop, he trainers squeaking noisily on the polished floor. He checked the kitchen, the TV room, all the bedrooms (aside from the guest room, he stayed well away from there.) and still, Kitty was no where to be found. `Then that means that there is only one more place she could be,' he thought to himself. After another three minutes of running, he found himself outside the large double doors of the library.

 

WORK IN PROGRESS

 

Soz people. Got study to do and I can't be bothered to finish this chapter before putting it up. What do you want to happen??? I can let

 

Evan find Kitty

Kitty find Kurt in the middle of the floor

Evan finds Kitty and Kurt in the middle of the floor.

Stop this story and watch Spaztaro Ham Ham do the noogie dance.

 

Okay…votes coming in…NOW

 

Cool music.