Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ X-ness ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven

"Talking"

<Yami/Hikari Link >

::Xavier Mental link::

//Japanese// (around English people)

`Thoughts'

Disclaimer: You know, I'll just keep wasting my pennies by throwing them in to the wishing well *throws a penny* "I wish I owned Yu-Gi-Oh, I wish I owned Yu-Gi-Oh…"

Oh yeah. Forge is one of the characters that some people may not know about. Just to clear it up, he's a mutant inventor with a mechanical arm (that I didn't include in this chapter. Silly me.) and he was offered membership to the X-men but he refused. Check out his profile on X-Men Beyond Evolution on the web. (Very cool site.)

--------------------

"Sister, are we there yet?" Isis and Malik were sitting on a plane, about 10,000 meters in the air. The younger Ishtar sighed, seeing his sister shake her head. Like the Pharaoh, he hated flying. He much rather preferred to be back on the ground. The plane suddenly sank down, making Malik's stomach fly. He felt a sudden rise in his throat, but luckily held it in. Isis, noticing her brother's discomfort, sighed with relief when she saw him relax a little. But she handed him an airsickness bag anyway. Malik gave her a weird look.

"Yes?" she inquired, watching him trying to open the `blasted thing'.

"What the hell is this for?" Finally getting it open, he peered inside, "There's nothing in here!"

Isis gave him a tired look. "No, but according to the Tauk, there soon will be."

Finally catching her drift, Malik snorted. "Yeah, right," he said as he put the bag away in the seat pocket in front. Suddenly, the foul stench of plane food washed over them. Malik gagged, trying not to breathe as the airhostess passed the tray to him. Malik felt his stomach heave and grabbed the bag. He stuck his mouth inside and let the contents of his stomach spill out.

Isis rolled her eyes, "I saw that coming, no pun intended."

Malik slowly brought his head out and took a deep, steady breath. He smiled weakly, "I don't get sick."

--------------------

In the Institute

Logan slowly turned around to look at the owner of the voice. Yugi was sitting on the bed, arms folded and a smirk on his face. There was something in his eyes that scared the Canadian. Malice was gleaming in those blood red pools. `Blood Red?' Suddenly, it hit him why their two guests had been acting so strange. Why hadn't he noticed it before?

"Move away, that's not Yugi!" he growled, swiftly advancing towards the red-eyed youth. He curled his fists, getting ready to attack if there was need. Logan yanked `Yugi' up from the bed, causing the boy to stumble. The boy let the X-man move behind him and wrap muscled arm around his throat. The other arm grabbed the boy's wrist in a grip of steel and twisted it behind his back. "Even though your scent is the same, there is no way you can be the runt," Logan snarled into `Yugi's' ear.

"Logan! That is no way to treat our guest. Release him immediately!"

"Do not worry Professor. He will do just that, in a moment," `Yugi' answered. With that, he closed his eyes, lowered his head and whispered words that Charles could barely make out. "Vit! Quiesco Supremea!"

"What's that you're muttering bra…" Logan drifted off as he loosened his grip and slumped to the ground in a heap, letting out a loud snore in the process.

Scott and Jean couldn't suppress the gasps of shock that escaped their lips and Xavier had a look of anger on his normally calm face, "Yugi! What have you done?"

`Yugi' raised his head and looked at them. His eyes glowed red.

--------------------

As soon as Ryou realized that Logan considered Yami as a threat, he slipped into the shadows at the back, where he could talk to Bakura. `It's best not to get in the way,' Ryou thought grimly.

<Oi, can I come out and watch? > Bakura actually sounded excited.

Ryou hesitantly agreed. <Okay, but no trouble. >

Bakura appeared next to Ryou and glared at his lighter half with his arms folded. <You don't trust me one bit do you? >

<No.>

Bakura just growled something incomprehensible and moodily watched Logan fall to the floor, unconscious.

<Standard sleep spell, typical baka to use something non-lethal. If it were up to me, I'd suck the soul out of the foolish, brawny man and stuff it into a cactus and set it on fire…> the spirit trailed off, imagining the possibilities.

<If everything were up to you, we'd all be dead. Also, that's not a good idea since we are the guests here and that `foolish, brawny man' could rip your throat out in a second. >

<Yeah, whatever. Remember that I have the powers of the cards. So, if I wanted to, I could set one of the God Cards on them all! >

<Aside from the fact that you don't have any…>

Bakura was about to put his more colorful language to use, but their mental conversation was interrupted by the slam of the door and the two quickly realized that Kurt and Evan had run out the room. Oh, and that Yami was panicking like mad.

`Shit, shit, shit.' Yami thought. `If anyone else finds out about this, there will be too many people to curse `shitsuen' upon…' He turned around wildly and looked at Ryou with a worried look on his face. It was not like Yami to ask for help, but this time was an exception.

When Bakura saw the pleading look on his enemy's face, he couldn't help but smirk. `Alright baka-pharaoh, but you owe me one,' he thought. <Ryou let me take care of this, > he commanded. Ryou agreed and stepped aside, leaving his darker half in control. Bakura smiled and cracked his knuckles. "Let's see what I can do for you," he muttered in and undertone, while shuffling his deck.

--------------------

Evan and Kurt were running as far as possible from the room as fast as possible. "I don't understand," Evan said. "Why aren't we bampfing there?"

"Ich weiss nicht. The furry one is as clueless as you. Die Professor just told me not to. He sounded really worried when he sent the message. But let's just find Kitty," Kurt panted. "Though, it's strange that he stopped talking…"

"In mid-sentence," Evan continued. "Yeah I know."

Kurt had suddenly stopped running and was now had a thoughtful look on his face. "Hey," he said. "Maybe it might be faster if ve both split up."

"Yeah, good idea. I'll go the other way, `kay? I'll see ya later." Evan turned left and took off at high speed. Kurt carried on running straight.

`Where's Kitty when I need her?' he thought. Kurt tried to remember the last time he had seen Kitty. `She said that she'd be in the…in the Library!' He stopped running and turned around. The German knew that Evan was heading that way anyway, so he might as well give Evan that little piece of information he just remembered. Only, there was something blocking his way.

Kurt froze and gaped at the sight in front of his eyes. A tall, dark figure surrounded by shadows stood there, silent. It gazed at the mutant intensely, his neon-green eyes never leaving him. Kurt stared at it confused and took a step back. `Okay, this usually only happens in TV…'

"Um, ja…I won't go that way then. I vill be leaving then," Kurt stammered. But before he could turn around and get away, the figure made an odd choking sound. This distracted Kurt for a moment and gave the monster enough time to open his third eye. Kurt stared at the glowing red pupil, transfixed.

Under the shadows, the monster smiled and made to grab him. Its plan was to follow its instinct and eat the human…animal…whatever it was. He was about half a meter away then-

Fool! What do you think you are doing? His master's voice rang through its ears. You are not to eat him… let him sleep. If you disobey, I assure you the consequences will be far worse than you can imagine. Invitation to a Dark Sleep cringed and moved away.

"Very well master Bakura," it hissed. "You shall have your wish." The monster moved it's hands in complex, hypnotic patterns and Kurt slumped to the ground, unconscious.

Good. Your job is done for now. You shall receive your reward in due time. Return to the Shadow Realm. Invitation to a Dark Sleep heard the growl in his master's voice and knew that he had better be quick. Silently, just as it had appeared, the monster sunk back into the shadows it came from.

--------------------

"Aw right!" Forge congratulated himself as he peeled off the soot stained gloves and shook his hair out of his eyes. He had just finished his newest invention and couldn't wait to try it out. But before that, he had to finish his entry in his invertors log. `Just so I that I know that I haven't made any mistakes,' he thought as he sat down at his computer. The screen flickered into life and Forge glanced at his previous entries.

9thOctober

Starting a new project. Idea came in a weird dream. I was standing in the middle of a dark field. The sky was filled with dark energy, swirling like clouds above me. I then saw a light appear in front of me and as I looked closer, I saw it was a large gun-like machine. The Gun started taking itself apart so that I saw every part of it and I knew how to put it back together. The Gun spun around in the air and landed in my hands. I felt a surge of warmth flow into my hands. The only thing I didn't know now, was what it did…

11thOctober

I've started the Gun and decide to call it NUSQUAM. I still haven't found out what it does. It needs a power source, which is much different than the ones I have used before. I have managed to find the right type of battery for it, however a freaky old dude in the street sold it to me. It was strange, as if he knew exactly what I wanted…

Forge frowned at that part and moved his attention further down the page, to the entries near the end of the project.

21stOctober

Almost finished. Every part fits perfectly in place. From its form, I can tell that it is a special sort of ray gun. The end splits into four, as if the beam will shoot out four beams instead of one ray. The pistol part are moveable, so I can adjust them if wanted. Will finish in two days.

Forge checked his calendar. It was the 23rd. `Well, then. Good timing.' Forge thought, flexing his fingers for the last entry.

23rdOctober

Met my deadline. Trying it out to discover what it does.

He tucked his hair behind an ear and thought. There wasn't really anything he wanted to add to it. Forge glanced at NUSQUAM. It was lying on the table, gleaming as if polished. Forge was itching to experiment with it. "Oh what the heck!" Forge stood up, pushing his chair back. He gently picked up the gun and aimed it carefully at the experiment wall. The experiment wall was black and burned from all the rays, explosions etc it has lived through. Forge looked fondly at a particular burn from one of his previous experiments. "One more mark won't hurt," he thought wryly. Gripping the gun, he placed his index finger on the trigger and squeezed gently. The metal suddenly went freezing cold and he almost let go of it in shock. NUSQUAM started shaking in his hands and Forge eyes widened with worry.

`Shit,' he thought as the four blue beams shot out, making the inventor's arms jerk back with the release of energy. The beams collected into a large orb, floating and shimmering in the air. Forge stared at it and carefully put the gun down. He started moving cautiously towards the blob when it suddenly condensed into water and fell to the ground with a splash. Tiny droplets flew everywhere, but once came in contact with the ground, moved straight away back to the rippling puddle. Forge felt his skin prickle as the basement seemed to become colder. Darkness surrounded the room and he found that he couldn't move. `What the hell is happening here?' he thought as he watched the puddle start to slide towards him. It moved as if on ice, skidding across the stone floor, too fast for Forge's liking. It reached his feet and the inventor tried to kick it way, but still found himself bound in invisible cords. The puddle stopped at his feet, rippled and then suddenly rose up to for a figure. It began to mold itself into the legs, torso, arms and then face. Forge could see that whoever it was, he had a strange idea of hair. The locks were sticking up, defying gravity. As soon as the facial details were finished, the slime started to slide off the figure. The blue wrap fell at his feet, very much like dead skin after shedding. The man…boy even, shook his hair and opened his eyes for the first time. Insane lavender orbs squinted at Forge and the thin lips spread into a crazy smile.

Yami Malik had just been born again.

--------------------

Xavier felt worried. He watched Evan and Kurt race out of the room to find the others, Kitty and the younger ones, and warn them.

:: Kurt, Evan. When you find them you must tell them to…? Kurt? Evan? Can you hear me?:: What to tell them to do exactly, Kurt and Evan never found out as the Professor was cut off. But they ran off anyway.

`What on earth?' The professor tried again to make contact. He failed. `Why can't I do anything?' Charles was about to warn Jean of his loss of powers, when he felt a slight explosion at the back of his mind. He gasped at the pain in his head. Suddenly everything went misty and Charles Xavier found the area around him darkening. He looked around for a moment, hoping to find some source of light. The only thing he felt was a headache coming on. `Being one of the world's most powerful psychic really has its downside.' He winced at the constant throbbing in his cranium and reached up to massage his temples, hoping that they would cease the ache. No avail. Xavier's frown deepened and he slowly and carefully checked his senses. They didn't seem to have suffered any damages. He then cautiously explored the mental area around him. Dark, black, emptiness, void. Call it whatever you want. There was nothing there. Nada, not a single thought. Xavier reached out further. Then-

BOOM!

Xavier screamed and clutched his head. The blow came as quick as lightning. But unfortunately, `lighting never strikes twice' was not true for this. It came again and again. Wave after wave of painful thoughts found their way into the professor's head.

I hate my life…

No, leave me alone…

I hate you…

I will kill you…pharaoh.

Then silence. He lay there in his wheelchair, squirming and gasping. He opened his tightly closed eyes and in distance, he could have sworn he saw a cloak-clad figure with spiky blond hair. He opened his eyes completely and with a jolt found himself back in the guest bedroom, with a thin sheet of sweat covering his forehead and the occupants of the room were giving him a very strange look. A very strange look indeed.

"Malik," he rasped out, without knowing where or how he got the name. "He has returned…" Xavier's whole body shook with the effort of that one message and collapsed in his wheelchair.

-----------------------------------

That's it for chapter

BWHAMWHAMAMAHA