Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ X-ness ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Talking"

<Yami/Hikari Link >

::Xavier Mental link::

//Japanese// (around English people)

`Thoughts'

PS. Ororo can only speak modern Egyptian while the others speak Ancient.

Disclaimer: I DO own Yu-Gi-Oh *nose grows longer* Dammit! Not again…

***

Yami was at a loss for words. Maybe he should let Yugi take care of this. He saw Bakura waking Ryou up and trying to force him out so that he could handle that matter. `Coward,' Yami thought, changing his mind just because he didn't want to be like the tomb robber. Instead, he turned his attention to Scott, who was impatiently waiting for an answer.

Bakura came out of his dazed state and scowled. -Dammit, Ryou's not coming out, - he growled to Yami in Egyptian.

-Well, you know that he wouldn't want to do it anyway, - Yami sighed.

-Yeah, well…then he's a coward. -

Yami snorted skeptically, -You're the one who wants to escape. -

-Am not. -

-Are too. -

Another argument quickly started.

***

Evan couldn't believe his eyes. He had been so sure that they were doing something else, but it looked like Scott was right and Kurt was not. `Well, I'm glad I didn't bet on it,' he thought with relief.

Kurt was hiding behind the blond boy. The two Japanese had seemed so nice and friendly when they first met. Come on, they even hugged each other! But Yugi and Ryou looked so much different now. What was different he couldn't put his finger on it. "Scheisse," he whispered, watching the murderous look on Ryou's face.

Scott began to get a little bit worried when Yugi didn't say anything. He heard Ryou grunt and say something in…something that was defiantly not Japanese or English. Yugi replied in a curt tone and Ryou seemed to get angry with this. He watched awkwardly as they started shouting at each other. `I guess I failed Professor,' he thought. He heard someone coming up the stairs and he turned around and to see Wolverine standing in the doorway.

"You think you can get them under control?" Scott asked with a sigh.

Logan glanced at them, "Shut up you two. You're giving me a headache."

Yugi stopped in mid-rant and they both turned to look at Logan who was now walking towards Ryou. He eyed the gun still held in Ryou's hand, snatching it from him before the boy had a chance to react. The Canadian inspected it and checked for bullets, "Hun, unloaded." He raised an eyebrow when Yugi let out a sight of relief.

 "So he had me worried for no reason," the shorter boy muttered, glaring at Ryou. Logan started when he heard the difference in the tone of voices. It seemed as if they had both developed their deep voice in the ten minutes they were left to unpack. And Ryou's voice was now exactly the same tone as when he went strange at lunch…

Logan took a moment to study the boys. For some strange reason, he couldn't help thinking they were different somehow. They both looked a bit more intimidating and taller. He no longer had to look down when talking to them. Both of their faces were sharp, making them look older. Yugi had a wilder hairstyle while Ryou looked slightly insane and, at the present, very mad at having his gun taken away from him.

 "Give it back now," the boy growled as he moved away from Yugi and started advancing towards Logan.

 "I'll think about it," the Canadian said and saw a flicker of worry move across Yugi's face. He seemed to sense something that Logan and the others couldn't and quickly wrapped his arms around the white haired teen to restrain him. Logan couldn't understand what had the kid so worried, though. From what he could tell, the punk was just having a hissy fit. He had noticed, however, that a slight breeze had picked up and was now blowing at Ryou's white hair. The two blocked his view of the window, but he figured it was probably open. Yugi frantically whispered something to his friend and reluctantly, Ryou nodded.

 ***

Yami started to panic when he saw the Millennium Ring shine under Bakura's shirt. He thought Logan-san a skillful and strong man, but he could not believe how just plain stupid he was. Didn't he notice the amount of energy building up around the Tomb Robber or something glowing underneath the man's shirt? Yami shook his head with regret and moved to hold back Bakura from using his Shadow Powers. The tomb robber may not know the complete powers of all the Millennium Items, and Yami wasn't prepared to tell him, but he could still cause some serious damage with what he did know. Besides, Yami didn't want to fish out a lost Logan from the Shadow Realm quite yet. `Maybe later,' he thought grimly as he told Bakura not to be stupid and that Logan wasn't worth it.

 -Fine then,- Bakura hissed in Egyptian, quickly retreating into the Ring and forcing Ryou out. The boy was completely surprised and quite a bit miffed.

 //Yami,// he whined in Japanese, //Tell Bakura to get out here right now.// He was about to add more but Yami quickly silenced him.

 -Careful Ryou. He knows Japanese. - The spirit reminded his friend in Egyptian, so Logan wouldn't understand. Ryou gulped and looked nervously at the Canadian, who was tapping his foot with impatience.

 "Well now, anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on?" Logan asked.

Yami swore quietly in Egyptian. What was he supposed to say? Racking his mind, he spoke merely to fill the silence and buy them some time, "Ummmm, we were just-"

 "Fooling around. We do it all the time in Japan," Ryou smoothly cut in. He graced the X-men with one of his good-natured smiles and looked at Yami expectantly.

 "Uh, yeah," The spirit agreed eagerly, "fooling around."

Logan frowned, "I don't call pulling a gun on someone, `fooling around'." Ryou was about to say something, but was interrupted by the sound of electrical wheels rolling across the thick bedroom carpet.

"Could someone tell me what is going on here?" Professor X's calm voice cut through the argument. The Professor had a look of pure seriousness, maybe even a hint of anger. Jean and Scott followed him from behind. "Now, Ryou. Why on earth do you have a gun in your suitcase? Wait," he said, catching sight of the numerous guns littering the bed. "How many do you have."

"Eighteen," Ryou answered without thinking and saw a flicker of worry cross the bald man's face.

"Really Ryou, are they needed?" Ryou didn't answer, but instead looked down at his feet.

<Ryou, keep him busy…> Bakura deep voice cut through Ryou's mind. <The Pharaoh's brat is coming up with a spell. > Ryou didn't understand but obeyed anyway.

"Yes, they are. My…uncle owns a shooting gallery and he wants me to keep my skills up." Scott raised an eyebrow. He had little experience in shooting, but he put his knowledge of guns to use.

"Yeah, but you don't use this kind of gun in galleries. Look, you even have a muffler so the shot won't be so loud. And you have tranquilizer darts!"

`Whoa, what the hell do you need those for? But that is one step too far, kid.' Logan thought and stepped back to defend the Professor if there was any need to. "Well, what are you going to do kid? Kill us in our sleep?"

"No, but you're going to anyway." Logan turned around sharply. What did the other brat just say?

"I'm sorry Yugi, could you repeat that?"

***

"Uh, yeah. Fooling around." Yami agreed quickly. As Ryou and Logan engaged in a conversation, Yami got Yugi to wake up.

< Hikari. We're in trouble. >

Yugi replied straight away. <What's wrong? > He appeared in spirit and gasped at the scene. Logan-san seemed to be threatening Ryou and Ryou obviously wasn't too comfortable.

<What are we- > Yami stopped talking when he saw Charles come into the room with the two others behind him, the redhead and sunglasses. <Never mind. We need to get ourselves out of this situation. What's the plan? > Yugi thought carefully.

<Well, my best bets are the two spells `quiesco' and `shitsunen'… > Yami nodded. It was best chance that they would have, without hurting anyone. And they were fairly easy to use. The only problem was that they had never used it on more than two people before. And here were six.

<We'll need all are strength for this Hikari. >

<I'm ready. >

Yami caught the last phrase that Logan was saying.

"…Kill us in our sleep?"

The spirit smiled. "No, but you're going to anyway."

***

"Get your stuff, brother. We are leaving." Isis packed the last items into her case and shut it with a snap. "Malik, if you do not hurry, we shall miss our flight."

"I'm here sister!" Malik dragged a large suitcase with some difficulty and dropped it next to his sister's. Isis eyed the large leather bag curiously and gave it a light kick. She heard a lot a jingling. "Sister! What are you doing?"

"You have gold in there, am I correct?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Isis sighed. She knew that Malik would try get away with bringing all his jewellery, either to sell or to auction. Gold wasn't worth anything where they lived. But in Bayville, it could fetch a price much higher than in Egypt.

"Brother, you can't bring all of this. It weighs much more that what is allowed." Malik shrugged, his necklaces and bracelets jingling with the movements of his arms.

"I don't care, and besides," Malik grinned. "Didn't you say something about missing our flight?" Isis checked her watched and swore quietly in Egyptian. Malik gaped and pinched himself. Since when did his priestess sister swear?

"Please brother, let us hurry," Isis said, with the slightest note of annoyance in her voice.

"Oh, ah, let us hurry then," Malik said as Rishid picked up the two bags with ease and carried them outside to the taxi.

***

Rishid waved them off as his masters disappeared into the distance. He sighed and headed back into the empty house. It was going to be quiet without them. As soon as the man closed the door, though, he heard a knock.

`Maybe Master Malik forgot something,' he thought as he opened it again. But instead of Malik, he saw a dark, beautiful woman with pre-mature white hair. Rishid knew that she couldn't be an admirer of Malik, as she was too old. Yes, ever since Malik had been reverting back to his old self, more and more girls came up to the doorway begging for his hand. He turned down every single one, thinking that none were good enough for him. Rishid personally agreed.

-Forgive me for disturbing you, -the woman said in perfect Egyptian. -But do Miss Isis and Master Malik live here? -

-What business do you have with them? - Rishid replied warily. He did not trust this woman and found that he detected a strange power in her. `Not unlike Isis's though.' At that thought, he relaxed a little.

-I wish to talk to them about personal matters, - she said, ignoring Rishid's bluntness. Ororo really wished that she could get this over and done with, though it was nice to see her home country again.

-I am sorry, but they are not here. In fact, they left just five minutes ago for the airport. They are going to Bayville, America. But what they are doing, I cannot tell you. - Rishid saw the woman tense a little at the name of the area. But she thanked him politely and went her way. Rishid nodded a goodbye and closed the door. But as he looked out the window, he could have sworn that he saw a jet speed by.

***

Candy bars to those who can guess what spells Yugi and Yami are going to use!