Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ X-ness ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chappie 5

Hopefully I didn't keep any people waiting. I just to say thank you to RogueMoon, who is helping me A LOT on this story.

"Talking"

<Yami/Hikari Link >

::Xavier Mental link::

//Japanese//

`Thoughts'

-Egyptian-

***

Scott and Jean shut the Guest Room door quietly and hurried to the Professor. They needed to tell him about that weapon they found inside Ryou's bag.

"He's really full of surprises," Jean mused aloud.

"Yeah. I think he's a bit strange."

"Don't say that Scott. Remember, he was bullied so you have to be nice to him." Scott agreed straight away and he promised not to loose his cool. Jean gave him a smile and the pair walked on in silence. But it was quickly broken by a bamf, and Kurt and Evan appeared, hanging on to one of the magnificent chandeliers adorning the ceiling. Evan was struggling to get out of Kurt's tight grip and the German was laughing loudly, swinging on his tail.

"Kurt! Evan! What do you think you're doing?" Kurt grinned at them and bampfed down to the floor. Evan landed face flat on the carpet and got up grumbling. Jean glared at them and Scott pitied them. You do NOT want to get in the way of her wrath. He held his breath and waited for the lecture.

"Have you already forgotten? We have guests here who are human and by the looks of it, they both are so trembly that they die of shock if someone teleported right in front of them." She turned her gaze to Kurt. "DON'T do that."

"Not so tremply that they don't know how to use a gun though," Scott muttered.

"WHAT was that?" Jean turned on Scott. From behind his glasses, he winced. But Evan and Kurt gave each other identical looks of glee and shot up the stairs. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

"To see da new kids!" Evan shouted. Jean tried to stop them but it was too late. The door had slammed shut. Scott sighed and shook his head. Jean glowered.

"Honestly Scott, you had to open your mouth didn't you?" Scott gave a weak smile and Jean stormed off.

"Hey, wait up!" Scott shouted starting to run after her. Jean turned around and he stopped in his tracks.

"If anything happens, it's your responsibility Scott," she said before turning her back on him and marching out. Scott's shoulders slumped.

"Guess she has PMS," Scott muttered, before heading up the stairs to join the other boys.

***

-But that doesn't explain why you're here!- Yami screamed. The two Egyptians had been rolling around on the floor for the past five minutes. He had Bakura pinned down for a moment but had to quickly withdraw his hands as Bakura tried to bite him. The tomb robber bared his teeth.

-Careful Pharaoh, nasty crocodiles in the Nile.- Bakura sneered, quickly getting up and moving away from the panting Yami. )You should know, shouldn't you?( Yami growled and moved towards the white haired teen, but then thought better about it. He sighed and collapsed on his bed.

-Look, can't you just be bearable for five minutes?- Bakura grinned.

-Nope,- he said and quickly jumped onto the surprised Yami, who yelled and fell onto the floor. And the rolling started again.

From outside the room…

Kurt and Evan were pressed up against the door, ears beside the wood.

"Vat do you think they are doing in there?" Kurt whispered. They had heard strange sounding words and thuds for the past ten minutes. "You don't think they're…um…I don't know the English word for this." Evan looked confused.

"Huh?" If Kurt could blush, he did so now.

"Vell, you know what I mean. When there are banging noises and screaming…" he trailed of and it took Evan a moment to understand.

"What? No way! You don't mean you think… they're gay?" Kurt's blush deepened. Evan's brow crumpled in concern. "Well, maybe we should check." They were about to peek through the crack in the door when they heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Kurt tried to grab Evan and bampf them away but-

"Kurt, Evan. I know you are there. What are you doing?" Scott's head appeared from around the corner. Evan held up his hands in worried manner.

"Nothing," he said, shaking his head furiously. From behind his shades, Scott's eyes narrowed.

"Oh really? Well what is that entire racket up here? I thought you were with the new kids…" Kurt shook his head.

"Ja, we were planning on joining them, but ve heard screaming und… rethought about it." Scott shrugged. He looked anxiously at the bedroom door.

"You think they're fighting?"

Kurt did his blushy thing and looked down. Evan tried to not laugh. 'Sorry Scott, I think you got that wrong,' he thought gleefully.

Scott looked confused but he nodded. "Well, let's check on them anyway." Evan smile quickly vanished, but he gulped and pushed the door open and…

Inside the room

-You cowardly idiot! - Bakura had his hands around Yami's neck. Yami struggled in vain and paled when he saw the tomb robber's hand snake towards the shotgun that lay on the nightstand.

-What? You…you w-wouldn't! - the Pharaoh gasped. Bakura smiled and placed the gun to his neck.

-You don't know me.- What Yami didn't see was Bakura's hand moving swiftly to unload it as there was no use in killing him now. Yami was probably Bakura's only source of amusement in this place. Well, aside from Ryou, but that was a different matter.

So the Pharaoh went on with his only option. He placed his hand on Bakura's chest and mumbled the emotion charm. A crackling red sphere started building up in his palm. Bakura looked down in confusion.

-Huh? What the hell are you doing?- Yami smiled faintly.

-Prepare to be afraid, very afraid. - He was about to fire it right into Bakura's chest when the door flew open and Scott came charging in.

"Okay, what is going on in here?" he demanded. He saw the gun at Yami's neck and the dangerous glint in their eyes. What he didn't notice was a red ball glowing in Yami's hand. However, it quickly died out before anyone saw.

'Damn, I need the Professor!' Xavier heard and kicked in immediately.

::Scott, what's happening?::

::Um, the two new kids are about to kill each other.:: Scott said and waited for the Professor's reply. After five seconds,

::Don't move. Logan will join you in a moment. Keep them busy. And no, I can't send Storm; she's away on a trip. :: Scot didn't know whether this was a good idea or not but he agreed anyway.

"Well, what were you doing?" he asked, trying to sound as if he knew exactly what he was doing.

Yami didn't know what to say. He didn't want to ruin his aibou's chances at the Institute and he was sure that Bakura felt the same way.

"Um…"

***

Back in Domino

"And where are they now?" Isis Ishtar was sitting in a small café with her brother. Malik had been strangely worried about Yugi and Ryou's disappearance. 'Even though he's changed a lot,' Isis thought, looking fondly at him. ' I didn't think that he'd be concerned about them.'

Malik sighed and looked down at the huge plate of fries they were eating. "No idea sis. But I have a feeling it's important." He was about to say more, when his phone beeped from inside his bag. He fumbled around for a moment and once found, flipped it open.

"Darn things," he mumbled as Isis laughed at his attempt to make it work properly.

"Let me take that," she said, reaching for the mobile. Malik handed it over and she read the message quickly. Her expression grew troubled and she looked up. "Brother? Do you know anyone called Mystique?"

"What?" Malik snatched the phone back from his sister. "No, never heard of him."

"Her," Isis corrected him. "What does she want from you?" Malik scanned the message.

"She wants me to help her with a problem. And she's willing to pay me…" he scrolled down and whistled, impressed by the price. Isis frowned and closed her eyes briefly.

"I don't like this brother. The Tauk is warning me about this 'Mystique'." Malik grinned and leaned forward. Isis winced and waited for his answer. She did not like the look on his face.

"So, you are saying that we should ignore this?"

"Yes, but-"

"You are so boring!" Malik groaned. "Please sister! This might have something to do with their disappearance." Isis looked confused.

"What brought that up all of a sudden?" she asked, her brow furrowed in thought. He scowled.

"Don't know, but please?" Isis sighed. There was no way she could win against him. It always ended up that way.

"Very well, but we need to find out more about this Mystique first." Malik gave a whoop of joy.

"Finally, it was getting so dull around here. Now what to do…" the siblings sat in silence.

"Want some more food?"

***

CLIFFIE! I know some people may hate me now, but I DON'T CARE!