Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter one.
 
In a darkened room in Seto Kaiba's mansion, a group of people was seated around a table.
“Has it all been settled?” Atem asked in a whisper.
“Yes. All you have to do is sign the contract.” Seto responded, opening his suitcase and handing the ex-pharaoh a piece of paper.
“Very well.” Atem responded, clicking his pen.
“Remember to read the contract thoroughly.” Yugi said in a concerned voice.
“You don't trust me?” Seto asked. Yugi ignored this.
After Yugi and Atem both signed their name on the paper, Yugi handed it over to the king of thieves, Bakura.
“We have to pay you every month?!” Bakura asked, after scanning the paper. Seto nodded. Bakura had a quick discussion with his hikari, Ryou, and then both signed the paper too.
“Gimme!” Marik, the blond tombkeeper said, snatching the contract from Ryou's hands. He quickly signed it and handed it over to his yami Malik, who scribbled his name on it too. Malik handed the piece of paper to Joey, who reluctantly wrote his name on it. Ishizu and her yami Isis were the last to sign.
“So that's it then?” Yugi asked, as he fidgeted in his seat.
“Yes.” Seto said simply, as he reviewed the contract and put it back in his suitcase.
“Hey Mokuba! Start packing! We're moving!” Seto shouted.
“Okay big brother!” Mokuba's voice called back.
“Now we will finally be rid of that horrible horrible girl.” Ryou said smiling.
“So tell me again why Tristan isn't here?” Marik asked Yugi.
“Because he gave a little girl some candy, and the police saw it and arrested him. He'll be in jail for a few years.” Yugi said sniggering.
“Sucker! Never ever give a kid you don't know candy.” Malik said.
 
“So anyway, get packing. We have to leave as soon as possible.” Seto said, getting up. At that moment, the doorbell rang. Everyone automatically ducked under the table.
“It's her! I know it is!” Yugi said hysterically.
“How could she have gotten past the guards?” Seto muttered.
“Well, hello there…” Seth said to Isis, who was sitting next to him.
“Seth, go see who it is!” Marik commanded.
“Awww, why me?” the ex-priest asked, looking away from Isis.
“Because we can afford to lose you!” Marik responded, and Seth crawled over to Marik, so he could strangle him.
“Hey guuuuys?!” Tea's voice called from the hallway. Everyone twitched and made themselves even smaller.
“Argh! Mokuba must've let her in!” Seto said, and everyone cursed. There was a knock on the door.
“Guys? Are you in here?” Tea's voice called.
“Uhm… Nobody is home right now, please leave a message after the beep! Beeeeeeeeeeep!” Seto said.
“Huh? An answering machine in a house? Well anyway, I heard everyone was coming over here, and I wanted to see if you wanted to go to the mall with me. But well… I'll try again later.” Tea said, and the sound of fading footsteps could be heard.
“Do you think she's really gone?” Ryou asked after awhile.
“She had better be.” Seto said, grinding his teeth.
 
And so, Yugi and his yami started packing their things.
“Boy, I sure am going to miss this place.” Atem said, looking out the window. “It's the first city I've been to since the… puzzle incident.”
Yugi placed a few of his action figures in a box and taped it shut.
“Yes, but I'm sure other cities will be just as cool as this one.” he said looking around for the scissors.
“I suppose. And we are leaving for a good reason right?” Atem asked.
“Yup. Imagine having to live here a day longer with…. Tea…” Yugi said, shuddering at the thought. After a few hours, the last box was finally packed, and Yugi's room was empty.
 
Yugi and Atem helped the movers load the boxes into the large truck Seto had sent.
“Hey, what's going on here?” Yugi's grandpa asked, looking at the large truck.
“Oh, I forgot to tell you! I'm moving out!” Yugi said, and grandpa gasped.
“Finally! You must be… what? Thirty by now?” he asked.
“Grandpa! I'm over here!” Yugi said, as the old man was once again under the impression that Atem was his grandson.
“Oh yeah, the little one is Yugi…” grandpa muttered.
The last box was loaded into the truck, and Yugi and Yami both got into Seto's laaaaarge limousine where they were greeted by their new housemates.
“Farewell Domino city, hello Mikado city!” Yugi said as they departed.