Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter two.
 
Soon the limousine was speeding down the highway.
“So I assume Mikado city is far away?” Ishizu asked, as Seto handed out cans of soda from the mini-fridge.
“A few hours. Yes.” Seto responded.
“Good.” Bakura said nodding.
“So we have to sit here for hours…. Doing nothing?!” Malik asked incredously.
“Oh! Oh! I know!” Yugi said, hopping up and down.
“I don't like where this is headed…” Atem muttered.
“Let's play a game!” Yugi said, and Atem buried his face in his hands.
 
After an hour however, “I spy with my little eye” got a bit boring. So after a toilet break, the group continued with “Guess the TV show”. Which wasn't very fun for Malik, who never really watched TV.
“Gah, I'm still bored!” Bakura sighed.
“I'm getting a bit carsick…” Ryou added.
“Then stop reading a book in the car. That's asking for trouble.” Marik commented.
“But I want to read about Mikado city!” Ryou said, holding up `Mikado city, a history.'
“Yeah, what is that place like anyway?” Malik asked. Seto sighed.
“It is a fairly large city, with a shopping mall, church, and crap like that. One of the largest Kaiba corps franchises is located there.” he said.
“Sounds awfully normal.” Marik sighed, staring out the window.
“I wonder if people there like to duel?” Yugi asked, taking his duel monster cards out of his pocket.
“I wonder if they have a museum.” Bakura asked, grinning evilly.
“One of the best.” Seto said, and Bakura cheered.
“Oh, we should be able to see Mikado city about now.” Seto said, pointing out the window. Everyone quickly gathered to get a good look at their new home. Large skyscrapers towered over the rest of the city.
“Still looks awfully normal.” Marik said, crawling back to his seat.
They soon entered the city, and drove through the busy streets of a shopping district. Isis and Ishizu squealed at the sight of all those stores, as the guys completely ignored them.
“Hey look, isn't that a museum?” Yugi said, pointing to a large building. Bakura immediately pressed his nose against the window.
“The Mikado museum. Filled with all kinds of artifacts from the middle ages.” Ryou said, looking it up in his book. Bakura replied with a loud “Oooooooooooh!”
They kept driving until they reached the residential neighbourhood.
“Wow, look at all the cool houses.” Isis said, watching the houses they passed by.
“Those old ladies look like you could easily push them over…” Malik said, watching the local residents they passed by.
“Which house is ours?” Yugi asked.
“Crescent lane number 16. And I believe we just entered Crescent lane.” Seto responded, as the car took a right turn.
“Number two… number four… number six…” Joey said, counting the numbers.
“Bah, this neighbourhood looks way too dull! I mean, come on! Shrubberies in the front yard?” Marik complained.
“It's better than Tea in the front yard.” Seth said.
“I can't believe I finally agree with you on something.” Marik said astounded.
 
“Number sixteen! We're here!” Joey said, and Mokuba finally shut off the gameboy he had been playing with the whole trip. The limousine skidded to a halt and everyone quickly flooded out.
“Thank god! I think my legs fell asleep.” Atem said, wobbling around. The large moving van parked on the drive and the movers jumped out, ready to unload the boxes.
“It looks pretty nice!” Yugi said cheerfully, looking up at the huge house, that was at the very end of the lane, and placed remotely on a small hill. Suddenly, a woman, somewhere in her fifties, came striding towards them.
“Hello, you must be the new neighbours! I'm ms. Johnson.” she said pleasantly, quickly taking in the entire group.
“Good day, I'm Seto kaiba.” Seto said, shaking mrs. Johnson's hand.
“Oh, you mean THE Seto Kaiba? President of Kaiba corporation?”
”Yes, that's me. But I don't like to brag.” Seto said modestly, accidentally dropping his expensive Frolex. Soon everyone had introduced themselves.
“Well, it was very nice meeting you all. If you need some help, just call me. I'm from number fourteen.” Mrs. Johnson said, departing again.
“Damn, the dullness is starting to get to me. I need to vandalise something! Now!” Malik said, when mrs. Johnson was out of earshot. Marik handed him a stress ball, which was quickly torn into pieces.
“Well, let's go check out the house then.” Isis said, turning back to the mansion