Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter three.
 
Seto jammed the key in the lock, and opened the door. Everyone gasped at the sight of the large hall.
“Okay, the rules. Rent is to paid once a month, and on time. There is a laundry machine and dryer in the basement. Buy your own detergent, and get rid of your own lint. Clean your own rooms. Other than that, there will be cleaning shifts for the shared rooms such as the living room and kitchen. There are also dinner shifts, meaning that one person has to cook dinner for the rest of us. If someone will not be dining with us, or wants to order take-out, let the person in charge of dinner know. Lastly there is the supermarket shift. Do not use the shopping money to buy useless crap. Decent food only. I will put the shifts up on the bulletin board in the hall. Also, no smoking or littering, unless it is in your own room. Do not vandalise or steal other people's belongings. Remember that I am not hosting a nudist colony. So when in the hallway, or any other shared room with exception to the bathroom, you must have your clothes on! The attic is my room, and off-limits. Any questions?” Seto said, as everyone gaped around.
“Uhm… No.” Yugi said. Seto reached into his pocket and handed everyone a key to the front door.
“If you lose this key, you will have to pay me 15 bucks for a new one.” Seto said simply.
“Now, for the rooms. This house has 4 floors. A basement, the first floor, the second floor and the attic. As I said before, the basement is for laundry, but you can also store stuff there. Attic is off-limits at all time. The first floor has a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom and three one-person bedrooms. The second floor has four two-person bedrooms and two bathrooms. Mokuba, Seth and Joey each have a room on the first floor. The rest of you have a bedroom on the second.” Seto explained. Everyone nodded and spread out to explore the house.
 
“Let's go find our bedroom.” Yugi said, carrying a box with him. Atem nodded and they walked up the stairs. The second floor was divided into two halves. Two bedrooms and a bathroom on each side.
“Ah no! The only room left is the one next to Bakura and Ryou's?!” Atem complained, as three of the four rooms had already been taken.
“Ooh goody!” Yugi said cheerfully, dropping his box in the room and going to greet their new `neighbours'. Atem sighed and stared across the hall, where Malik was now settling in, while Marik chatted with Ishizu, who had taken the room next to his, together with her yami.
`Oh Ra… My room is next to the tombrobber's… I'd better find a safety deposit vault…' Atem thought to himself, as he went downstairs, to get more boxes.
 
After a few hours, everyone had finally moved into their bedrooms, and they were now sitting in the living room, as Seto tried to install the TV.
“Brother, hurry! Spongejoe cubepants is on in ten minutes!” Mokuba whined.
“You've seen all those episodes a hundred times already!” Seto said, flipping through the manual. “Damn, why wont it work?”
“Maybe you need to give it a good kick.” Marik suggested.
“Oh, should I get my special spiky shoes?” Malik asked, getting up.
“NO! I mean… I'm sure there's no need for that…” Seto said, and Malik shrugged.
“Seto, I think I might know what the problem is.” Ryou said quietly.
“I do not need your help!” Seto said, rereading a chapter of the manual.
“Fine…” Ryou said, crossing his arms.
“Okay, what do you think is the problem?” Seto sighed, slamming the manual shut.
“It's not plugged in.” Ryou said simply.
“What are you talking about? I know I plugged it in!” Seto said, getting up.
“Well, what's that then?” Ryou asked sarcastically, pointing to the TV's plug, that was lying on the ground.
“Huh? But…” the confused Seto muttered, picking up the plug. “Okay, who unplugged the TV?” he demanded. At that moment, Ishizu walked into the living room.
“Oh, looks like it's fully charged.” She said, walking over to the nearest electrical point and pulling her cellphone out.
“Ishizu, did you unplug the TV to charge your cellphone?” Atem asked.
“I dunno. I think I did unplug something… but who cares?” she said shrugging, before leaving the room again. Seto muttered something about insane women, before plugging the TV in. The Spongejoe cubepants theme rang through the house, and both Mokuba and Joey started to sing along.