Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter four.
 
“Hey Yugi, wake up! Time to go to that learning facility!” said a voice in Yugi's head.
“Huh? Whasdat?” Yugi muttered, burying his face in his pillow.
“Oh yeah… school. Today's your first day in Mikado high school.” Atem said. Yugi immediately sat up. Even though they now lived without an annoying grandpa, Yugi still had to go to school. It was the law after all. Joey, Seto, Ryou, Marik had to go too. So did Mokuba, but naturally he had to go to a different grade.
“Yay! I cant wait to meet my new classmates, and suck up to the teacher!” Yugi said cheerfully. Atem rolled his eyes, and after his hikari got dressed they both went downstairs to have breakfast.
 
Ryou, Seto, Joey, Mokuba, and Marik were already sitting at the kitchen table.
“Hey guys, sleep well?” Joey asked. Yugi nodded and sat down as Atem dropped a few slices of bread in the toaster.
“I wonder what the new school is like?” Ryou asked excitedly.
“Hey, let's switch our names so we can confuse the teachers!” Joey said, and everyone except Seto laughed.
“Fine, Joey can be Yugi, and I'll be Joey, and Yugi is Ryou, and Ryou can be me.” Marik said.
“That teacher wont know what hit him. Heheheh.” Joey sniggered.
“Hey Atem? Why are you up? You don't have to go to school.” Mokuba said, stuffing a chocolate bar in his lunchbox.
“Hey, I was hungry. Am I not allowed to get up when I want to?” Atem asked angrily, taking his bread out of the toaster and handing a slice to Yugi.
“S-sorry! I just…” Mokuba stuttered.
“Don't mind Atem… He's always grouchy in the morning.” Yugi said sighing, and taking a bit of his toast.
“Am not!”
“Are too!”
“Am not!”
“Are too!”
“You dare defy the great pharaoh?!”
“Hey, are you guys ready yet?” Seto asked, putting down the newspaper he'd been reading.
“Hold on!” Joey said, quickly stuffing some more toast in his mouth.
“So slow…” Seto sighed, getting up.
At that moment, the door opened and Bakura entered. He immediately strode over to Ryou.
“Hey hikari, I wanna go visit the museum. I need to make a small map of the grounds, and a list of the stuff they have. Gimme money!” Bakura demanded.
“You're actually going to buy a ticket this time?” Ryou asked.
“I wanna make a good first impression…” Bakura shrugged.
“Be good now.” Ryou said, handing him some coins. Bakura grinned evilly and ran out the door.
“Well Atem, I'll see you when I get home.” Yugi said, as everyone got up and grabbed their bags.
“Have fun at school.” Atem sighed, slouching to the living room to find something to do.
 
After a few hours Ishizu and Isis came down the stairs.
“So what are you gonna do today?” Atem asked, looking up from the magazine he was reading.
“What else? We are going shopping!” Isis said grinning
“So many new stores… so less time…” Ishizu added, and they both giggled.
“Besides, we have supermarket shift.” Isis said cheerfully and they both disappeared to the kitchen.
“What? The shift list is up already?” Atem asked, jumping up and running into the hallway. As the list said, Ishizu and Isis had supermarket shift, while Bakura and Ryou had dinner shift, and Malik and Marik were stuck cleaning. Atem let out a sigh of relief and returned to the couch.
“So who makes these shifts?” Atem asked, as Isis and Ishizu entered the living room carrying a sandwich and their jackets.
“Seto. Who else?” Ishizu said shrugging.
“Sounds like he wont have to do anything himself then.” Atem grunted.
“Well, we're off. Have fun doing… whatever it is you do around here.” Isis said, pulling on her jacket.
“Whoah, wait!” called a voice. Seth entered the living room, gasping for breath.
“How about I help you carry your purchases?” he asked, quickly striding over to the girls.
`Now that that annoying brat is off to school, I can finally get close to them.' Seth thought to himself.
`We could always use a slave to carry our shopping bags…' Isis and Ishizu thought to themselves.
The girls looked at each other and shrugged.
“Well, alright then. If you insist.” Isis said.
“Yes! See you later pharaoh!” Seth cheered, and he held the door open for the two giggling maidens.
`Am I the only one with nothing to do around here?…' Atem thought to himself, as Malik entered the room, looking like a zombie. His hair was even more on end than usual.
“Hey Malik, you do know you have cleaning shift today right?” Atem asked cautiously.
Malik cursed loudly and turned around to return to bed.