Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter five.
 
The day passed rather slowly for poor Atem, who gave up on watching Malik's poor attempts to clean the house. By four o clock, Yugi and the rest finally returned from school, to find Atem lying on the couch like a zombie, zapping from channel to channel.
“Hey Atem, how was your day?” Yugi asked, dropping his bag on the floor. Atem responded with a snort.
“He didn't do anything productive today. At all.” Malik said.
“Untrue! I alphabetised the contents of the fridge, did the crossword puzzle in today's newspaper, dragged a few boxes to the basement, fluffed the pillows and yelled at the mailman.” Atem said, sitting up.
“You should find yourself a hobby Atem. Like Bakura.” Yugi said.
“Bah! Like I would spend my free time stuffing needless junk in my pockets.” Atem snorted.
“Oh, I know. How about you subscribe yourself to the Mikado library?” Yugi suggested.
“Good idea! What's a library?” Atem asked.
“It's… well… a big building filled with all kinds of books. If you're a member, you can borrow a few.” Yugi explained.
“So you want me to join some strange book cult?” Atem gasped.
“It's not a cult. Loads of people are members of a library. I myself was on the Domino city library committee.” Yugi said proudly.
“Oh… well, I guess I'll try it then.” Atem sighed.
 
At that moment the door opened and Isis and Ishizu entered. They both slumped down on a couch.
“Man, a whole day of shopping sure makes you tired.” Isis sighed.
“Hey, where did you leave the groceries? I need them so I can start working on dinner.” Ryou said.
“Oh yeah, you have dinner shift… Well, Seth is carrying our stuff to our room, so I suppose you have to go ask him.” Ishizu said shrugging.
“Who is going where now?!” Marik shouted, getting to his feet and running into the hallway.
“Uhoh…” Everyone in the room said, before they flooded out into the hallway too to watch Marik yelling at Seth, who was having trouble with all the shopping bags he was carrying.
“Think you should go help him brother?” Mokuba asked Seto, who shook his head.
“How about you go tell your hikari to back off?” he asked Malik.
“I aint going in there if my life depended on it!” Malik responded. Suddenly Seth decided to drop the bags and make a break for his room. Marik ran after him, shaking his fist and cursing.
“Noooo! Our shopping!!!” Isis and Ishizu shouted, as they ran for the bags that were now lying in the hallway. Ryou followed them, in search of the groceries.
“Well.. uhm… that was interesting…” Bakura said slowly.
“Huh? Where did you come from?!” Atem asked, quickly stepping back from Bakura.
“Well see, Ryou here found the millennium ring and then…” Bakura began.
“No! I mean when did you enter the house?!” Atem asked, slightly annoyed.
“Just now.” Bakura said shrugging.
“Such a creep…” Atem muttered. Bakura was about to respond with a wedgie when Ryou called him.
“Hey Bakura, help me with dinner!” the white-haired hikari shouted, heading for the kitchen with the groceries.
“Yes ma'am!” Bakura responded, saluting.
 
As Isis and Ishizu were left to take their purchases upstairs themselves, the rest walked back to the living room.
“So how was school?” Atem asked.
“It was really cool. Our new teacher is mrs. Teachaway, and she said that I was her new favourite student!” Yugi said grinning. Atem quickly coughed to cover up his laughter.
“Unfortunately, the name switching prank didn't work on her.” Joey sighed.
“Yes, that's because she is a competent teacher. And you were constantly giggling when she asked you for your names.” Seto said.
“Riiight. And mister wonderful here immediately made a whole bunch of new friends. The girls were all over him.” Joey responded glumly.
“Meh, they only like me because I'm rich.” Seto said, in a This-happens-to-me-all-the-time voice.
“Fine, a whole bunch of new groupies then.” Joey corrected himself.
“Yeah, you'd like a bunch of groupies wouldn't you? But they wouldn't come near you if you paid them. Which you can't.” Seto said, opening a book to hide his grin.
“Shut up rich-boy!” Joey shouted, turning red.
“Guys, take it easy.” Yugi said, trying to make peace between the everlasting rivalry.
 
After half an hour, Ryou made the announcement that dinner was ready. Everyone flooded into the kitchen and sat down. Marik and Seth were on opposite sides of the tables, not speaking.
“The food looks great Ryou! What is it?” Yugi asked, as Ryou handed out plates of his cooking.
“It's Adobo ramen! Made with hot sauce, pepper and steak.” Ryou said proudly.
“Well, let's eat!” Malik said, and everyone dug in.
“Hey, these are some really funny chopsticks.” Yugi commented.
“Wait… Where did you get these?” Seto asked, getting a nasty suspicion.
“I stole them from the Mikado museum! They had a whole bunch of `m on display!” Bakura said grinning.
“Oi! We are eating ramen with 1000000 dollar Mikado sticks!” Joey exclaimed, quickly dropping the `chopsticks'