Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter six.
 
So the next day, when Yugi was off to school, Atem decided to look into this `library' thing.
After a small walk, he found the library next to the museum. He hesitated for a moment, and then entered the building. The lady behind the counter stared at the pharaoh, who was completely oblivious.
“Uhm… hi! I wanna be a member of this cult… I mean library.” Atem said to the lady.
“Are you sure? Don't you think you would be better at home in a rehab centre?” the evil woman responded, taking in Atem's outfit, and spiky hair..
“Oooh, a rehab centre? What's that?” Atem asked interestedly.
“Uhm… nevermind.” The woman said.
“So anyway, I wanna join, because I have nothing to do.” Atem continued.
“Yes, I can imagine life must be boring if you don't have a job.” Library lady said, raising an eyebrow.
“Exactly!” Atem responded, thinking this woman understood his pain.
“Well, I will need your name and address.” Library lady sighed, taking a piece of paper out of a drawer and filling it in.
“My name is Atem, pharaoh of ancient Egypt!” Atem said proudly.
“Ah, my mistake. I meant your real name.” Library lady said slowly.
“But that is my real… Oh allright. Uhm… Yugi Motou.” Atem said, knowing that he and his hikari looked alike so much that it probably wouldn't matter.
“And your address?” library lady asked, scribbling down the name `Juugy Moto'
“Crescent lane number 16!” Atem said.
“Very well. Your library pass will be done in an hour or two. In the meantime, take a look around at all the books.” Library lady said, entering the data into her computer.
“I will. Thank you very much.” Atem said politely, and he looked around at the rows and rows of books.
`Where to begin? Hm… a book on “How to get rid of friendshiploving stalkers” would be nice.' Atem thought, and he started to grin in an evil way. Unfortunately, the library lady saw that, and she moved her hand on the emergency button, in case Atem was going to start trouble.
`Well, I suppose a book about ancient Egypt will do. I wonder what they wrote about me…' Atem thought as he strolled through the library. Then, a colourful poster caught his eye.
 
When Yugi and the gang returned from school that afternoon, Atem was already deeply submerged in a book.
“Oh Atem! I see you joined the library! What did you get?” Yugi asked, sitting down next to his yami.
“Oh, it's a really cool book! It's called Larry Sprotter! It's about this kid, Larry, who finds out he's really a fairy, and he gets to go to this fairy school with his friends Jon and Vermoine!” Atem said excitedly.
“Oh oh! I know that book! It's the best series ever! I like book six, the half-blood queen, the best!” Mokuba said as he hopped down on a couch too.
“Uhm… Okay…” Yugi said slowly. Atem's eyes returned to the book.
“He's been reading that ever since he got home.” Malik said grumpily. He was wearing an apron, and trying to dust a window.
“You did eat something right Atem?” Yugi asked.
“Myeah myeah, I'll do it later!” Atem said distractedly.
 
At that moment, the doorbell started to ring non-stop.
“Hey, is anyone going to get that?” Joey asked, as everyone looked around, too lazy to get up.
“Fine, I'll get it!” Joey sighed, getting up and leaving the room. There was a minute of silence before the door opened again.
“Hey guys, look who's here!” Joey said happily, as Mai Valentine walked into the room. Everyone greeted her happily. Well… everyone?….
“What's she doing here?” Seto asked in an annoyed voice.
“I heard you guys were living here to ditch Tea, so I decided I can't let you have all the fun!” Mai said grinning.
“Meaning?” Seto asked, raising an eyebrow.
“I'm gonna live here too! Duh!” Mai said, and everyone gasped.
“Appealing as that sounds, we have no more rooms available!” Seto said blandly.
“That's okay! She can sleep in our room! We can just add a bed!” Isis said, and Ishizu nodded.
“What do you think this is? Some sort of inn?” Seto barked.
“Come on Seto! She wont be trouble!” Mokuba pleaded.
“Yeah! And she's still gonna pay rent and abide by the rules and stuff!” Joey added.
“Fine! Just don't get in my way!” Seto said, getting up and leaving the room, most likely going up to the attic. Everyone cheered.
“Come on Mai, We'll show you to our room!” Ishizu said, as she and her yami both grabbed one of Mai's arms and accompanied her out of the living room.
“Wow! Who'd have thought Seto would cave in so easily? Right Atem?” Yugi asked, turning to his yami, who didn't seem to have noticed Mai's appearance at all.