Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter seven.
 
And so the week passed. Mai abided by the rules just like everyone else, but Seto would turn even more grumpy whenever she was around. So he spent most of his time locked away in the attic. Atem in the meantime, was continuously with his nose in the books. Yugi grew a bit concerned, but Atem would not hand the books over.
“Hey look! I think I finally got the hang of this cleaning thing!” Malik said one week after they had moved in.
“Well, that's good for you Malik. But there will be new shifts as of today.” Seto commented. And just as he had promised, the new shifts were up on the bulletin board an hour later. Everyone gathered around. Atem and Yugi had dinner shift, Ryou and Bakura had supermarket shift, and Mai was stuck with the cleaning shift.
“Hey Seto? Don't you think cleaning shift may be a bit too much for Mai?” Isis asked.
“Yes, it is a two-man's job. This house is big!” Yugi added. Malik mumbled something about Marik not having helped him that much either.
“Fine! Bakura and Ryou can clean, and Mai can have supermarket shift. I suppose that isn't too stressful for little miss My-chest-is-compensating-for-my-brain?” Seto asked sarcastically, taking out a pen and editing the shifts list.
“That'll do just fine, mister My-trenchcoat-defies-the-laws-of-gravity!” Mai said contently.
 
“Hey Atem, did you see? We've got dinner shift!” Yugi said excitedly, as he hopped down next to his yami. Atem gave a slight `hm' as reply.
“I wonder what we should cook!” Yugi said thinking. Atem said nothing.
“I'm not nearly a good cook as Ryou, but perhaps we can still try some spaghetti. What do you think Atem?” Yugi asked his yami. Again, Atem said nothing.
“Or maybe potatoes. But what kind of meat would go good with that? Maybe we still have those sausages. Or would that appear cheap?” Yugi continued.
“Nah..” Atem said blankly, not looking up.
“Or we can use that can of meatballs I saw in the fridge.” Yugi rattled on.
“Meatballs good…” Atem responded.
“Atem, you have to use full sentences…” Yugi commented.
“Sure.” Atem answered.
Yugi responded with a loud “Harumph!” before stomping off to his room.
 
“So then I said to him, “if you want this, you will have to duel me for it!” and the stupid old geezer just turned around and walked away. Probably knew he was gonna lose. And that's how I got the last packet of chocolate chip cookies in the store.” Mai was animatedly telling Joey.
“Wow! That's amazing!” Joey said breathlessly.
“Yeah. Stupid old guy, thinking he can just take my cookies.” Mai ranted on
“Hmm… cookies…” Joey said blankly.
“The nerve of some people. He really needed his ass kicked.” Mai continued.
“Very good.” Joey said, still thinking about the cookies.
“You know Joey, you are cool. You understand me. In fact, I think I l..” Mai began, but she was cut short by a glass of water being emptied on her head.
“Ooops, sorry. My hand slipped.” Seto said shortly, going to get a new glass of water. Mai glared after him, and then turned back to Joey. But Joey had left, in search of cookies.
 
The next day, Atem was found writing a letter.
“Who are you writing to?” Yugi asked, hoping that Atem had finally finished the entire Larry Sprotter series.
“To J. K. Lowling! I wanna tell her I'm her number one fan, that I adore her writing, and that I want to sniff her pillow.” Atem replied, bending over the letter.
“Oh okay. Wait, what?!” Yugi shouted.
“Don't worry. If she sends her pillow, I am willing to share it with you.” Atem said smiling. Seth let out a cough that sounded remarkably like `crazy'
“Atem, I forbid you to ask that woman for her pillow!” Yugi said strictly.
“Can I ask for her toothbrush then? Maybe if I brush with it, some of her greatness will rub off on me!” Atem said, his eyes going a bit sparkly.
“Just… don't ask her for anything okay? I don't want the police on our doorstep.” Yugi said, getting up and massaging his temples.
Atem sighed and picked up his pen again.
`My hikari says I shouldn't ask you for anything, but maybe you can come visit me when you are in the area. I am the pharaoh of ancient Egypt, and therefore I would make sure you are greeted in a way suiting your grandness.' He wrote.
 
 
 
((A/N: firstly, I don't have anything against J. K. Rowling. In fact, I love Harry potter, and I love the way J. K. writes. So don't see this as Harry potter bashing okay?
Secondly, to Jubilee, Wondergal and Virgo, I hope you don't mind that I used your Gravity-defying trenchcoat joke, but I loved that joke so much! If you don't want me to use it, I can just get rid of it again.))