Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter eight.
 
Two days later everyone was sitting in the living room.
“Wow, it's so clean here all of a sudden!” Marik commented, looking around. And indeed, there still was a bit of a mess last week, but now everything was squeaky clean.
“Yes, I found this awesome new way of cleaning! All I gotta do is banish the junk to the Shadow realm!” Bakura said, grinning in an evil way.
“That's actually quite clever! Why didn't I think of that?” Malik said in a disappointed voice.
Suddenly, Seto entered.
“Alright, who took my laptop? I know I left it here last night!” he demanded. Slowly, everyone turned to look at Bakura.
“What?…” Bakura asked. A minute later, Bakura was sent to the Shadow realm by Seto, who refused to let him out again until he had found the laptop.
“This could take some time… Bakura sent lots of stuff to the Shadow realm…” Ryou said. Seto sat down and gave Seth the millennium rod back.
Mai entered the room, her face all red and blotchy.
“What happened to you?” Ryou asked in a shocked voice.
“Someone replaced the make-up powder in my snuffbox with itching powder!” Mai said angrily, scratching her cheeks.
“That's odd…” Seto said grinning.
 
(Meanwhile, in the Shadow realm…)
`Damn, there's so much junk in here!' Bakura thought as he roamed around the dark pits of the shadow realm.
`Lets see here… take a left at the candy wrappers, keep going till I reach Marik's stamp collection... Oh look, there's that doll I stole from a little kid. Malik burnt it to a crisp so I got rid of it.' Bakura picked up the charcoal black doll and threw it a few feet.
`There's that old computer I stored here for a friend. He never came to pick it up again… Looks like those worms I sent here multiplied rapidly too… hmm… laptop, laptop, where's that laptop…EW! I'm standing in something icky! Don't even wanna know what it is! Just keep on moving! …. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming, just keep swimming… Snap out of it Bakura! Get a hold of yourself man! No more Finding Memo for you! Oh hey! There's that Gameboy thing Ryou gave me. What was that game again? Tetris? Man, that got banished after 15 seconds. So annoying…' Bakura crushed the gameboy with his foot and looked around.
`this place is like a garbage heap! I'll never find the damn laptop! Ooooh look! A Snickers!' Bakura picked up the Snickers and pulled off the paper. However, it seemed that the worms had found a way past that plastic barrier, and had infested the Snickers bar too. Bakura quickly dropped it and ran.
`I gotta banish an exterminator to this place! Pronto!'
“Hey Bakura, did you find the laptop yet?” Ryou's voice rang in Bakura's head.
“Uhm… almost!” Bakura replied.
“Well hurry up! Seto is getting impatient.” Ryou said, and he broke off the mind link again.
`Alright then. Hmm…. Oh look, there it is! Underneath that sign that says “No clothes, no entry.”' Bakura picked up the laptop and opened it. It looked like it hadn't been damaged.
“Hey Ryou, I found the damn thing! Get me out of here! The worms are attacking!” Bakura shouted through mindlink, fending off a couple of worms with a whip and a chair.
 
“Phew! I thought I wasn't going to make it!” Bakura sighed as he reappeared in the living room. He handed the laptop to Seto, who immediately left the room again.
“Bah Bakura, you smell like garbage!” Isis complained.
“That's the sweet scent of the Shadow realm!” Bakura replied. Everyone gagged, except for Atem, who was once again with his nose in the books.
“Atem, have you lost all sense of smell, or do you just don't care?” Yugi asked. Atem said nothing.
“Just don't bother anymore Yugi. He doesn't respond to anything! Here, watch.” Bakura said, approaching Atem.
“Hey pharaoh! I want you badly! I'll be waiting in your room tonight!” Bakura said, facing the spikyhaired bookworm directly.
“That's nice Bakura. You do that.” Atem said, turning a page.
“See what I mean?” Bakura sighed, turning back to Yugi.
“Fine, that's it!” Yugi said, snatching the book from Atem's hands. Atem started to wail loudly, reaching out to get the book back from his hikari's grasp.
“Stop overreacting Atem! You must've read all the books like, five times already!” Yugi said.
“Yes, I have!” Atem replied proudly.
“I'll just return this book to the library then…” Yugi said.
“Aw come on! Atleast let me read the ending! Pleeeeease! I need to know how it ends!” Atem begged.
“But you've read the books five times already!” Yugi argued.
“I know, but I forgot the ending.” Atem said.
“You… forgot the ending?…” Yugi repeated.
“Yes, see, in order to make the books more exciting, I erased them from my mind using the millennium puzzle every time I finished the series.” Atem explained. Yugi's jaw dropped.
“You've been using the millennium puzzle to erase the contents of the books from your mind? Just like that? Who knows what kind of side-effects that would have?!” Yugi shouted.
“It didn't do me any harm! Uhm… Joey?”
“Yugi! My name is Yugi! That's it, no more Larry Sprotter for you, and don't you ever use the millennium puzzle for something like that ever again! If you do, I will… I will… make sure both of us never wear leather again!” Yugi shouted, storming out the door.