Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, mutt and moneybags ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yu-gi-oh, mutt and moneybags.
Chapter one.
 
'Finally! Summer vacation!' Joey thought as the school bell rang. All his classmates immediately started talking excitedly about their holidays. Joey slammed his book shut and started packing his bag. He was not going anywhere this year. The same as all the previous years.
"So mutt, where are you going on holiday?" asked a voice. Joey immediately looked up and stared into the face of Seto Kaiba, his eternal rival.
"Oops, I forgot! You probably can't afford a decent vacation!" Seto continued. Joey flushed.
"I'm staying here moneybags, but in return I'm hoping you are taking a long vacation, far away from here." he said.
"Yes mutt, I would if I had that luxury. But as president of one of the largest corporations in the world, I can't spare any time. You on the other hand, appear to have nothing better to do." Seto retorted.
'Damn Kaiba! He knows nothing about me.' Joey thought, clenching his fists.
"I'll see you around mutt." Kaiba said, turning to the door.
"Later, moneybags!" Joey replied. Kaiba gave a slight wave with his left hand as he left the classroom.

~

Seto sat down in the sand and opened his laptop.
"Do you always have to work Seto? Can't you play for once?" Mokuba asked.
"Sorry Mokuba. I'm busy. Go play with Seth." Seto replied.
"Well, okay then." Mokuba pouted.
Seto's yami took Mokuba by the hand and led him a short distance away, to start construction on a sandcastle.
'Peace and quiet.' Seto thought, continuing his work. After a few minutes however, he was interrupted by someone he'd rather not see right now.
"Moneybags..." said a voice. Seto sighed and looked up.
"What are doing here?" Joey Wheeler asked.
"Am I not allowed to sit here?" Seto snapped.
"You know perfectly well that is not what I mean."
Seto did have a good reason for coming to the beach, but he was not about to explain himself to the mutt. "Mokuba likes the beach, and Seth has a strange attraction to it too, as all the other yami do." Seto responded. "But what are you doing here?"
"I'm enjoying my holiday. It's nice and peaceful here." Joey responded.
"Well, not anymore is it?" Seto asked. He liked getting on Joey's nerves.
"I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone." Joey compromised. Seto nodded and watched Joey walk off. He sighed and then turned back to his work, not noticing the wind that was starting to blow.


After a few hours the sky started to turn dark.
"Hey Mokuba, I think it's about time we go back home!" Seto called, closing his laptop.
"Yes, it seems like there is a storm brewing." Seth said, looking up at the clouds. An elderly man approached them.
"Didn't you hear? There's a tornado headed this way. We were told to evacuate the beach." the man said to Seto, before walking on.
'A tornado? But what about...'
"Seth, take Mokuba and go on ahead. I... forgot something." Seto said to his yami. Seth stared at him for a moment, before nodding. "Good luck."

Seto ran past the shore. He was sure that the mutt wouldn't have heard about the tornado yet, and might still be around here. It started to rain, and the wind was howling, louder and louder. Seto spotted a person standing in the distance.
"Hey! Mutt!" Seto called. The person turned around to face him. But an enormous wave suddenly came out of nowhere and dragged the helpless boy into the ocean. Seto gasped and sped up, until he reached the point where the boy had been standing. He stared into the sea, but the water was wild and restless.
 
~