Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, mutt and moneybags ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yu-gi-oh, mutt and moneybags.
Chapter two.
 
Joey was surrounded by darkness. In the distance, he heard someone calling his name. He tried to yell back, but made no sound. The calling grew louder. It was a voice Joey recognized only too well.
"Hey mutt!!!" The voice shouted, and Joey felt a stinging pain in his left cheek. He opened his eyes and Seto's face swam into view.
"So, you're still alive then?" Seto asked. Joey sat up straight, feeling his face.
"Did you have to hit me?" Joey asked in an irritated voice.
"It was the only way to get you to wake up. And besides, it felt good." Seto said shrugging.
"What happened?" Joey asked. He looked around. They were sitting on the floor of a large cave. In response to Joey's question, Seto pointed to the exit. Outside, It was raining heavily. The howling of the wind was echoing off the walls.
"Tornado." Seto said simply.
"Oh." Joey replied. There were a few minutes of silence.
"Can't you use your cellphone to call someone?" Joey asked. He knew Seto always had a cellphone with him.
"Nope. It broke when I had to save you from drowning." Seto replied, staring blankly ahead. Joey felt a surge of guilt, and hoped he didn't have to pay Seto back. That cellphone must've cost a lot of money.
Seto pulled his knees up to his face and stared outside, still as a statue. His icy-blue eyes showed no emotion whatsoever. After thirty minutes without talking, Joey was bored out of his mind. Seto however, remained where he was. Just staring. Joey wondered how the CEO managed that. He was starting to feel tired, and wondered when the damn storm would stop. He curled up on the floor, and closed his eyes. The cold was starting to get to him. He was dressed for the beach, and not to be trapped in a damp cave. He shivered.

~

Seto watched as the stormed outside raged on. It would be a while before it would go down. He looked back and saw Joey lying on the floor. He was curled up like a dog. He was also shivering. Seto sighed and took off his trench coat.

~

Joey was starting to feel numb. The cold was stinging every part of his body. Suddenly, he was covered by something warm, like a blanket. He pulled it up to his face a bit more. It smelled like cologne.

~

Seto sat down again, his back leaning against the wall. He looked around, but there was no wood or anything else to make a fire with. He closed his eyes, his breath turning into a cloud before him.

~

Joey slowly woke up. He kept his eyes closed, and heard the wind howling outside. Obviously, the storm was still going on, though it had subsided a bit. He sat up and felt something fall off him. It was Seto's trench coat. Wondering vaguely what that was doing there, Joey spotted Seto sitting against the wall of the cave. He wasn't moving at all. In fact, if Joey didn't see him breathing, he could have sworn Seto was dead.
"Hey moneybags, what's the meaning of this?" Joey asked, walking over to Seto. Seto opened his ice-colored eyes. But when examining the CEO more closely, Joey noticed that his eyes weren't the only thing with an icy color. Seto's lips had developed a strange, blue-ish complexion. His face was also a lot paler than usual.
"Whas the meaning of what?" Seto asked weakly. Joey sighed and covered Seto with his trench coat.
"You should have kept the coat yourself." he hissed.
"C-cant tell me what to do, m-mutt." Seto muttered, his eyes narrowing. Joey rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, a faint calling could be heard outside. Joey got to his feet walked out the cave. He could see two people in the distance. One of them was rather tall, and the other really small.
"Hey! Over here!" Joey called, waving at them. They came running towards him, and he soon recognized them as Seth and Mokuba. Mokuba greeted him enthusiastically. Seth however, cut right to the chase.
"Where is Seto?" he asked.
"In there." Joey said, pointing at the cave. He led them inside. Seth picked Seto up from the ground, as Mokuba hopped around, trying to see whether his big brother was alright.
"He'll be fine." Seth said, and Joey felt a surge of relief. "Here, take this and walk to the nearest bus stop." the priest continued, as Mokuba handed Joey a large umbrella and a bus ticket.
"But what about..." Joey began.
"We will take care of Seto." Seth said sharply. Joey sighed and they left the cave, Seth carrying his hikari and Mokuba running to keep up with him.