Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, mutt and moneybags ❯ Chapter three. ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yu-gi-oh, mutt and moneybags.
Chapter three.
 
The next day Joey was standing in front of the gates to Seto's mansion. He knew the guards would not let him in, but he had to see if Seto was alright. Even though he hated the CEO's guts, he did owe him. Big time. He peered around, but there was nobody in sight. Swiftly, he clambered over the fence, and landed in the front yard. So far, he hadn't been seen. He slowly approached the house, keeping low to the ground.

~

Seth was watching Joey approach the house on the security camera's monitors.
'Who does he think he is? Karate kid?' Seth thought, and he grinned. He pressed a button and said "Guards, bring the intruder in here."

After a five minute wait, two tall security guards carried a struggling Joey in the room.
"Let go of me, dammit!" Joey shouted, trying to kick the guard's shins. Seth nodded and the guards let go. Joey fell to the floor with a bang, and the guards left again.
"What is your business here?" Seth asked. He already knew the answer, but like his hikari, he enjoying teasing Joey.

~

"I want to see Seto!" Joey demanded.
"Well, you are at the wrong place then. Seto is not here." Seth replied simply.
"What do you mean, he's not here?" Joey asked, sitting up.
"He was taken to the hospital." Seth answered.
"The hospital?!" Joey repeated. Surely Seto wasn't that sick. Joey once again felt a surge of guilt.
"Oh, it's not your fault." Seth commented. "You have to understand that Seto is under a lot of pressure right now. His father is dead, and he now has to take care of a large business corporation, a little brother, and an ancient Egyptian. That is why he visits the beach every so often. To clear his mind. But a few days in the hospital would do him some good." Seth explained. Joey gasped. He never realized that Seto was under so much stress.
"Well... Okay then. Uhm... thanks." He slowly got up and left the room.
"Room 112!" Seth called after him, grinning. Joey stopped in his tracks. How did Seth know he was going to visit Seto?

When Joey entered room 112, he got a quite a surprise. Seto was being restrained by two nurses.
"Let go dammit! I need to go home! My brother needs me, and I still have a report to finish!"
"Sir, please lie down!"
"Your asses are fired! You hear me?!"
Joey watched the scene a little bit longer, trying hard to hold in his laughter. When Seto noticed him however, he quickly fell silent at the look Seto gave him.
"Mutt..." He said, his eyes narrowing. The nurses looked at each other and nodded, before letting go of Seto.
"Moneybags." Joey replied, grinning. Seto sat down on his bed, and Joey grabbed a chair to sit too.
"So what brings you here?" Seto asked.
"I just wanted to see if you were alright. That is all." Joey answered gruffly.
"Well, I would be fine if these damn nurses would just let me go home. But that is none of your business." Seto said.
"So why did you do it?" Joey asked after a few moments of silence.
"Do what?" Seto asked distractedly.
"Give me your coat." Joey replied.
"Well, I couldn't let my mutt freeze to death could I?" Seto said, and Joey could have sworn he saw a quick grin on the CEO's face.
"I suppose that answer will suffice." Joey said, getting up.
"Oh, you do know that if you tell anyone about this you are road kill right?" Seto asked. Joey snorted in reply.
"Like I would brag about the fact that Seto Kaiba saved my life two times in one day." he said, turning to leave.
"See you around mutt." Seto said, his cold eyes narrowing again.
"Later moneybags." Joey replied, hiding his grin.