Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-Gi-Oh, or... Gravitation?? ❯ A New Tournament ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yu-Gi-Oh or... Gravitation???

A figure with a familiar blonde mess of hair runs down the street in a careless rush. Running into trees, cars, people, and such... he runs down the streets of Domino City, hoping he's not late. With the wind blowing against his long blonde bangs, you can see that those chocolate brown eyes belong to nobody else than Joey Wheeler! Well, as usual, Joey slept in and was supposed to meet his little tri-colored haired friend Yugi. Yugi was waiting by the Domino South Mall to talk to Joey about an "important" issue. With the blonde's carelessness, he practically forgot until he thought he'd call him.

Joey was still speeding down through the aisle of people until he finally reached his destination. With many "excuse me's" and "WATCH IT's!", our little friend made it through. And with the race of time diminishing, Joey had stopped and was panting like.. well, a dog.
Joey, I didn't think you would actually make it!" his little friend exclaimed.man Yug, phew. Sorry about that, slept in." Joey giving his friend the little stupid look that always seems awkwardly adorable.it's alright Joey. Well, have you prepared your deck?"yeah, I'm totally pumped. Let's kick some maja butt!"

After Battle City had finally ended, much has settled down and was quiet with the city of Domino. With this, our fair duelist had just laid back and relaxed for the couple of weeks that have passed. But finally, Alex Bussart... a famous company producer, has decided to work along side with Kaiba Corp. for a tournament. Once the rumor was heard, duelist from around Battle City have come about once again. With a new Duel Monsters Tournament commencing, it should be quite a show. No doubt, Mai and her Amazons will be making an appearance. Weevil's buggy insects and Mako's denizens of the deep will surely put up quite a battle. Duelist will be commencing in another tournament in two more weeks. In the mean time, Yugi and Joey had decided to join together. Oh, there was little mentioned about the newest rule. In this new tournament, there shall be Double Battles. Two on Two battles shall surely hold up quite a crowd.
cant wait. It'll be a blast. And I'm sure there will be so many challenges ahead of us."challenges smallenges. We can beat whatever anyone throws at us!"sure! I'm glad we agreed to be on a team Joey."imagine having anybody else bud."

Yugi and Joey had just decided to spend the day together, in order to prepare the for big Double Battle Tournament coming up. Even though they decided they needed to come together for discussion of the tournament, the two just basically screwed around. They went to the arcade to play some games, includidng DDR. Joey was surprisingly good at dancing, imagine that!! But afterwards, they decided to go for some new cards. Yugi suggested they went to Card Arena, a good place for stocking up on new cards. In doing so, Joey accepted and they both went to check some things out. Joey had to take his Red Eyes back, with the emphasis on had. Yugi would rather Joey have it, it fits his reputation more. With a few new cards here and there, Joey and Yugi set out and had noticed that the sun was setting quite quickly.
remember... write some strategies down and show them to me so that we can compare if our decks need improvement or not."alright, I heard you the first time. Don't worry about it."Joey, I'll see ya tommorrow than."see ya Yug."

With the final sayings, the little one ran off to the GameShop, while Joey had to go to his apartment. Like that was very exciting... sheesh. Joey doesn't really mind his apartment, just his alchohol-addicted father. His father would usually just let him come home late, he wouldn't beat him like many believe. But Joey's father just makes Joey do everything. Cooking, cleaning... phew, he always had to work around the house. At least Joey knows how to do more than most other guys do! But this was his day off. The blonde just strolled down to the park. He always loved it down their, it's so peaceful. Along the way, Joey just scribbled a few Duel Monsters strategies that fit his deck well. The sun was setting and the sky had darkened, but he didn't mind. He had his cellphone with him, so if anybody needed him... they would just call it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
you enjoyed it, it seems very boring... but it gets better! Please read the next chapter.