Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugivania ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yugivania (Formerly Yet Another YGO Vamp Fic) By Sakura (L-sama no Miko)   Part 5: The End. Or is it The Beginning?   Ten years have gone by and the people of Domino are still living in fear of the kyuuketsuki (vampire) daimyo (feudal lords) who had taken up residence at the edge of the large town. They still closed their shops and made sure all their kin were safely locked away before sunset, however there were still a few who kept insisting on ignoring the curfew. Once such figure was standing on the edge of the Kaiba estate, mismatched eyes glaring at the mansion. He had only recently came to this area of Nihon (Japan) and was immediately drawn by the scent of sweet blood. Blood sweeter than he’d ever smelt before. Much to his surprise, it had belonged to a rather kawaii (cute), petite kyuuketsuki with tri-colored, spiky hair. He had followed the little kyuuketsuki one night, learning that he belonged to another, another who had not one but two fledglings under his command, hence why he was now glaring at the mansion with murderous intent, a flaming torch in his hand. It wasn’t fair that this kyuueketsuki was allowed to have more than one fledgling while he had none of his own – the last one he’d made having been destroyed by some punk named Belmod, Belamond, well it was Bel something, he didn’t care though, he’d soon have a new little pet soon enough. Brushing a lock of bluish-white hair aside, the kyuuketsuki strode to the building, smiling cruelly when the scent of oil drenched wood hit his nostrils. He had this planned out well. He knew that, like him, the little one could withstand sunlight due to the strength of his sire’s blood, so the time of day – or in this case – night didn’t pose any problems. Once he had made sure the fire got uncontrollable, he’d wait for his prize to coming running out. It was then that he had planned to grab him in the confusion as the others would probably be too concerned with their own safety than that of one measly little fledgling.   ********   Yugi, Ryou and Bakura lay in bed, snuggling with each other after a rather, ahem, busy evening. Neither of them or any of their housemates had any idea they were in such serious danger. After all, why should they when the townsfolk were too scared and too stupid to try anything. “Mmm…” Ryou said lazily as he laid his head on the oldest kyuuketsuki’s chest, reaching an arm over to his other lover. “Aishiteru (I love you) ‘Kura-sama, Yugi-chan.” Bakura smiled lovingly at the smaller copy of himself, wrapping an arm around the boy’s petite waist. “Mo aisthiteru, chiisai tenshi (I love you too little angel),” he said. “Don’t forget about me!” Yugi piped up, copying Ryou. “I love you too master, and Ryou.” Bakura chuckled at his little one’s slightly jealous outburst. “I could never forget you, my little koneko (kitten), even if I wanted to.” That earned a giggle from both fledglings. “It’s getting late, I think we should get some sleep, ne?” The reply was two large yawns, which caused him to laugh heartily before closing his own eyes and drifting off to sleep, the little ones contentedly curled up around him.   ********   Their rest however, was not meant to be. No more than half an hour later, a rather frantic Marik was banging on their door. “Bakura! Get your lazy a$$ out here! The mortals have finally tried to get rid of us!” he shouted from the other side of the door. “Wha?” Bakura mumbled, then shot straight up when he smelt it – smoke. “*Bleep*!!!!” he cursed pulling on his clothes. “Yugi! Ryou! Get up, we’re in danger!” The two smaller kyuuketsuki scramble to obey their master’s orders, desperately pulling on their own clothes. “W-What’s going on?” Ryou asked, eyes watering from the strong stench of smoke. “Some mortal set fire to the house!” Marik said barging in, not willing to wait any longer. The tan kyuuketsuki grabbed the nearest one, which was Yugi and dashed out of the room, Bakura and Ryou quickly following. Outside, Seth was holding a visibly shaken Katsuya. “Shh. It’s alright pup,” he cooed. “The others will get your sister out in time.” The slightly shorter blond, nodded, but was still trembling in spite of his master’s reassurance. “Marik-sama!” he called when his maker came dashing out of the quickly disappearing mansion, still dragging a frightened Yugi. “Where’s Bakura?!” the spiky haired blond asked. “Didn’t you get him?” Seth asked. Marik shook his head, causing Yugi to sob uncontrollably. “Hmph. Good riddance,” Yami muttered under his breath, glad to finally be rid of the white haired thorn in his side. ‘Maybe I can finally get my pet back,’ he thought, eager to get his hands on a rather disobedient fledgling.   **********   Meanwhile, as they were following their blond leader, a portion of the ceiling came crashing down, effectively cutting Ryou and Bakura off from him and Yugi. Bakura was scared, scared for their safety, scared for his little fledgling’s safety. Seeing their current path was now completely useless, the older kyuuketsuki picked up a shaking Ryou and dashed off in another direction. “Marik-sama’ll make sure they get out safely,” he said more to himself than the little one he was now trying to calm.   ***********   Katsuya could take no more. He couldn’t break from his master’s vice-like hold by struggling so he did the next best thing, he bit him on the arm, hard. “Ow! Dammit, mutt!” Seth shouted. “What’s wrong?” Marik asked, then gasped in shock as the blond fledgling ran into the inferno that had been their home. “SHIZUKA!!!!!!” he cried, not caring if he burned along with the building. He had to get his sister out of there!             “KATSUYA!!!!!!!” Seth called, dashing in after him. “*Bleep*” Marik spat, not believing the stupidity of the two. He still believed that Bakura had gone in search of her and would be bringing her out to safety with Ryou any moment now. However, poor Yugi didn’t agree. Seeing his friend run into the fire, calling for his sister, Yugi began to struggle as well, desperate to go help. When the blond kyuuketsuki wasn’t letting go, he followed Katsuya’s example and bit his superior. As Marik yelped in pain, he took off like a bat out of hell after the other two kyuuketsuki. “NO YUGI!!!!! THINK OF BAKURA!!!!” Marik yelled after him. But he was thinking of his master. He couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong, that was also why he had run after Seth and Katsuya. Just as Marik was about to run in after the little one, the entire front of the building collapsed, enormous fireballs shooting out everywhere. “YUGI!!!!! BAKURA!!!!!” he howled, guilty for failing to protect those he had come to see as his family.   ***********   At the edge of the estate, the kyuuketsuki who’d started the fire smirked gleefully as he watched a brunet and blond kyuuketsuki rush headlong into the inferno. ‘Good,’ he thought, ‘that’ll make it easer to grab you my little one.’           &nb sp; However the smirk quickly changed to a scowl as he watched his chosen prize follow the two into the burning mansion. “*Bleep*!” he cursed, unable to follow lest he be discovered. He couldn’t have followed even if he’d been able to for at the moment, the little spiky haired kyuuketsuki ran into the house, it collapsed, causing the fire to shoot enormous fireballs into the night sky. After a few more choice words, the arsonist turned away and began walking away from the scene of his crime. “Well at least no one else will ever have him now,” he said with some, small amount of smug satisfaction.   ~Owari~         Sakura: Well that’s it for this baby. Not the best of endings, but I think I did rather well with this one.   Bakura: ONNA!!!!! Just what the *bleep*in’ *bleep* do you think you were doing?!!! I ought to feed you to my deck!   Sakura: I won’t say I don’t deserve that Bakura-sama, but if you did then I’d never get the sequel done.   Yugi: Sequel?!!   Sakura: Yes, dear. A sequel! ^_^ I wish I could tell you more, but then I’d spoil it for everyone.   Yami: I’m warning you onna, pull another stunt like this and your hybrid fic, and there be nothing left to send to the shadows.   Sakura: Oooooo, I’m shaking pharaoh. You can’t touch me as long as I’ve got L-sama’s, and possibly, Seth-sama’s favor.   Shadow: Possibly?!   Sakura: Well, I do have a statue of him, so maybe that’ll get me on his good side. Can’t have too many gods on your side, ne? ^_^   Sonic: The gods have to be nuts to want to be on your side.   Sakura: Not if they haven’t been worshipped since the pyramids were brand spanking new faker! (eg)   Joachim: I don’t know who’s scarier, Lord Dracula or her.   Sakura: Joachim darling, I am Dracula! Well according to Quizilla I am anyway. ^_^   Ed: You’d be better off if you didn’t waste your time with that crap!   Sakura: Oi!!! Watch it O’chibi!!!!! I can still find a way to get you and Envy together… with DANTE!!!! (veg)   Envy: And you said I was a freak, Hagane-chibi.   Sakura: Envy, dear, don’t forget I’m not against killing you until you run out of philosopher stones. Then I’d bring you back as… this!!!! (shows a picture of Chibi-Usa)   Ed & Envy: Y-You wouldn’t dare!!!!!   Sakura: Just try me. (veg) (dodges Ed & Envy’s attacks)   Al: Um… since Sakura-san is kinda busy at the moment, could you um… please be kind enough to leave her reviews? She promises to get the sequel up sooner if she gets lots. Thanks.   Sakura: AL!!!! You forgot to mention whoever guesses who set the fire or who this Bel something is, will get the first chapter of the sequel dedicated to them. ^_^