Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mad Season ❯ Just Think of Tomorrow ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mad Season
 
A/N: There are characters from 28 anime and video game series. Marching bands (especially Division I which this band is) tend to be large, so a lot of characters are used. Not all characters though. My friends and I match up each character (er… most, there were spots that needed to be filled) with an instrument and grade that we saw appropriate. Some, I'll admit, are off (scratch that, most are off age wise). I changed a lot of ages to fit them into high school. Instruments that don't seem to fit (those I thought were in the low brass section) are done for a purpose. A band cannot have an over abundance of one particular instrument (say, flute/piccolo). There will be a lot of shounen ai pairing, if you have a problem with it, DON'T READ it then flame. (Honestly, you have to feel bad for most of the females in the ^_^;) Oh, any psychic abilities, inhuman traits, etc. that the characters normally have will be left in the fic. Metal arms are gone; those would be hard to play an instrument with. For the most part I will be sticking with first names so it won't get too confusing.
This fic is duel written. In my chapters A/N will be replaced by “AoM” and my friend's chapters will say “GoE.” Obviously the writing styles will be different too. (The better one being GoE)
Most of this is based off how our marching band is (not the characters, just what's going on and such).
Story title is from Matchbox 20
Diclaimer: I don't own any of the characters. They're owned by their respective artist, company, whatever. If I owned them… apparently I'd make a marching band out of them (wow, I'm such a band geek )
This chapter is basically an introduction to some of the people (mostly freshman) who will be in the fic.
 
 
Chapter I: Just Think of Tomorrow
 
Eighth grade was coming to a close. All the students who were entering high school in the following year were frantically trying to complete their registration sheets. Kaname Hagiri impatiently tapped his pencil on his desk. He was already done with his because he knew what he wanted to take. He allowed his violet eyes to wander over to his friend's sheet. There was one slot left open and the blonde boy seemed to be stuck.
 
“You should take band,” Kaname said indifferently.
 
Kiyoshi Mitarai smiled. Though it appeared that he didn't care, he had been trying for the past two years to get Kiyoshi into band.
 
“I don't know how to play an instrument. Besides, I wouldn't know what to choose.”
 
“So? You could just ask the band director. She would find an instrument for you. Besides, it's not like you have any other ideas.”
 
Kiyoshi pondered this for a bit. Neither of the boys had many friends so maybe sticking together would be for the best.
 
“…Okay,” Kiyoshi said hesitantly.
 
Kaname allowed a small smile to grace his face. Kiyoshi inwardly grinned at this.
 
`He's so cute,' Kiyoshi thought to himself. He had had a crush on his friend since they met two years ago. He was afraid to say anything though because he didn't want to jeopardize their friendship. Friendship was not something that came to Kiyoshi easily. In fact, he was constantly picked on. Kaname always stood up for him which not only got Kiyoshi into trouble, but Kaname as well. He was grateful for his friend. Kaname could fight well too. Fighting was just something Kiyoshi was never good at.
 
The bell rang, stirring Kiyoshi from his thoughts. He walked up to the teacher's desk and placed his registration sheet down.
 
`No going back now,' he thought as he left the building with Kaname. `Maybe band will be fun. Besides I'll be with Kaname. Next year will be interesting.'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Syaoran!”
 
Syaoran Li turned to the voice that was calling him. Sakura Kinomoto ran towards him excitedly.
 
“We'll be going to high school in a few months. We'll be going to the same school and Touya and Yuki!” she exclaimed.
 
“Aren't they in band?” he asked.
 
“Yeah! We'll be in marching band with them for the first semester!”
 
“Sakura, are you joining color guard?” Tomoyo Daidouji questioned.
 
“Yup!”
 
“Just don't hit yourself on the head too many times,” Syaoran joked.
 
“Hey! I haven't done that in a while now!” Syaoran and Tomoyo laughed.
 
“Well, I'm excited for next year,” Sakura said, changing the topic. “Ah! I'm late! I'm supposed to make dinner tonight! See you guys later,” she kissed Syaoran on the cheek and sprinted home.
 
“I need to call Eriol. So I guess I'll be off too,” Tomoyo said.
 
“Is he joining band?” Syaoran asked before she had the chance to leave.
 
“No,” she sighed, “he didn't have enough classes open. Bye!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“All of you are staying in band, right?” brown eyes skimmed the table.
 
It was lunch time. A group of band geeks claimed that table as their own. They were all in eighth grade and ready to step up to high school.
 
“Hell, yeah!” Relm Arrowny cheered.
 
Wide eyes turned in her direction.
 
Relm blushed. “Heh, sorry. I'm just excited,” she explained sheepishly.
 
“Is everyone else?” Rinoa Heartilly asked again.
 
Colette Brunel smiled and nodded. Glenn nodded then went back to his food.
 
“Yes,” Teepo responded.
 
Trunks Briefs, Goten Son, Shizuka Jounouchi, Cless Alvein, Lloyd Irving, Lena Tycoon, Yuffie Kisaragi, Tifa Lockhart, Ascot, and Shippou did the same except with their own variation of the affirmative.
 
Rinoa smiled, “We'll get to see people we know again. I haven't seen Squall in almost a year.” She still had a crush on him, though he clearly wasn't interested. She turned to Palom, Porom, Gau, and Genis Sage, the only non-band members at the table.
 
“Are you guys going to join band? Or are you going to stay being our groupies?” she teased.
 
“Heh, well our schedules won't fit it. Besides, I can't speak for all of us, but I enjoy being a groupie,” Genis replied smiling. The others nodded in agreement.
 
Relm shook her head, “But it's so fun!”
 
“Yeah, Genis! It would be a good break from studying.”
 
“You need to study more Lloyd.”
 
The bell rang, cutting off Lloyd and signaling the end of lunch. It wouldn't be too long until summer break finally began.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Hatsuharu and Momiji Sohma walked with Aki and Aya Mikage. They were going to a movie before heading home. They were relieved that the year was over. It seemed like it would never end. Of course, band and lunch had been the highlight of each day, but once those were over it all went down hill. Not really grade wise, though their grades could have been higher had they paid attention, but the classes were so boring.
 
Haru stretched, “I can't believe it's finally over.”
 
“How'd you do on your finals,” Aya asked him.
 
“I think I did okay…” Haru hoped he did well, he studied with Momiji before finals.
 
“I can't wait for band to start,” Momiji suddenly said with a twinkle in his eye.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because then I can see Tohru,” Momiji grinned.
 
“Here we are,” Aki stated as they reached the movie theater.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“You are taking band next year, right?”
 
“Of course! Winry is too” Edward Elric exclaimed crossing his arms over his chest.
 
“You are aware that oboes don't march.”
 
“Yeah, I was planning on trying the clarinet,” the blonde said thoughtfully.
 
“Yeah, you probably need a small instrument so you won't get smashed,” Roy Mustang teased Ed, a smirk appearing on his face.
 
“Who are you calling so small they would fit inside a piccolo?!” Ed was now on his feet glaring at the older boy in front of him. Roy chuckled, causing Ed's glare to intensify. “I'll show you! I'll play the largest instrument I can find.” With that Ed stomped away and Roy could no longer hold back his laughter.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Did you come to see our last concert?” a girl with purple hair asked. “I can't wait until you guys join next year!”
 
“Yeah, you guys did awesome! It took awhile, but I found you in the middle, Angela,” Shuichi Shindou told his friend. “You're joining, right Hiro?”
 
“Huh? Oh, no. I don't feel like learning a new instrument. I'm happy with my guitar.” Hiroshi Nakano responded snapping out of his reverie.
 
Angela looked crestfallen, but Hiro didn't change his mind. “Don't worry I'll be a groupie… and if you ever need a guitar I'll be more than happy to fill the position.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The summer passed quickly because that's how it is for most people. Who really wants to go back to school? The end of summer signified the beginning of marching band. This actually started a few weeks before school.
 
 
 
AoM: That was a boring chapter to write. It will get better though. Dang, last names are annoying to look up.
 
Don't know all the animes/games? Here's a list of the ones used in this chapter in order of appearance:
Yu Yu Hakusho, Cardcaptor Sakura, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy VI, Tales of Symphonia, Chrono Cross (don't worry Glenn from CT will come in), Breath of Fire 3, Dragonball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh, Tales of Phantasia, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VII, Inu-Yasha, Fruits Basket, Ayashi no Ceres, Fullmetal Alchemist, Seiken Densetsu III, Gravitation
Chapter Title is from Irresponsible Captain Tylor