Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mad Season ❯ Burn! Bobonga! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AoM: Okay, second chapter. Skipping through summer because it's not important. This will take place a few weeks before school starts. Since there are so many characters, introductions may take awhile ^_^;
 
 
Chapter II: Burn! Bobonga!
 
It was three weeks before school was to start. An older woman with faded pink hair sat at her desk making last minute preparations. About a month before she had sent out over 130 envelopes to new and former band members, allowing them to know the schedule. It was the first day of sectionals. She would be reacquainted with last year's members and would meet new ones. It wouldn't be every new member, just a few. It was only percussion sectionals that were meeting today. She didn't want to scare anyone away but she didn't want to come off totally false either. Going easy the first day seemed like the best option. She wouldn't really be teaching the percussion section anyway. There were three instructors that had been hired to do that, two for the Drumline and one for Frontline.
 
Bang, bang! She stopped working to unlock the doors. The instructors were arriving.
 
“Good afternoon, Ms.Genkai,” Prometheus greeted with a bow. “The others will be arriving shortly.”
 
“Hello. The students will be here in about half an hour. The section leaders, I'm guessing, will be here in ten to fifteen minutes.”
 
“Hey Genkai!”
 
Genkai glanced over to see a tall blue haired man followed by a blonde.
 
“Dekar, Guy,” she nodded towards them. “You can get the equipment ready now.”
 
The three nodded and headed inside with Genkai trailing behind them. She let them get to work as she headed back to her office to finish up her work. Time must have passed quickly because it wasn't too long before she heard Dekar call out and talk enthusiastically to someone who wasn't Guy or Prometheus.
 
“…new drum set.” That was all she needed to hear to realize her section leaders were starting to show. Dekar must have been talking to Kain Highwind. He was a very talented percussionist with striking blue eyes and medium length blonde hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. He was the Drumline section leader and the center snare. Next to him was Mog. Sure Mog wasn't human, but how many in the band actually were? Mog was a dancer. Why he joined percussion instead of color guard was unknown. Mog was the section leader of the Cymbal Line. The last section leader to arrive was Lucca. Lucca was incredibly smart and could fix things at the drop of a hat. She had shoulder length lavender hair, blue eyes, and huge glasses. She was Frontline's section leader. Everyone quickly got reacquainted and discussed their summer's activities.
 
One by one more and more people showed up. In total, there were 25 percussionist (not including instructors).
 
“Okay, I'm Genkai, your band director. These two are the Drumline instructors, Dekar and Guy. The robot, Prometheus, is the Frontline instructor. The show this year is from Lord of the Rings. The opener is “The Black Rider.” Let's quickly get through with introductions since I know most of you know each other. State your name, grade, instrument.”
 
“I'm Kain Highwind, senior, snare, Drumline section leader,” he said quickly. The other section leaders did the same, allowing the freshman to know who to go to if they had any questions.
 
The other snares went as followed: Crono (11), Yusuke Urameshi (10), Umi Ryuuzaki (10), Zelos Wilder (10), Tifa Lockheart (9). The tenors: Sephiroth (12), Serge (11), Sesshoumaru (12). The basses (in order): Faris Scherwiz (10), Suboshi (10), Ayla (12), Sanosuke Sagara (11), Kazuma Kuwabara (10). Cymbal Line: Mog (12), Katsuya Jounouchi (10), Rei (11), Duran (12). Marimba: Lucca (11), Touya (12). Vibes: Rosa Farrell (10). Glockenspiel and chimes: Nataku (9). Timpani: Aoshi Shinomori (12). Xylophone: Shippou (9), Aki (9).
 
“Good, now that that's done I suggest you get started on the music. It will need to be memorized in a few weeks. Oh, and Slacker, I suggest you actually working or else I will take you off snare.”
 
“Hey, Grandma! I worked to get on this and you're not taking it away from me!” Yusuke yelled back.
 
Genkai shrugged and walked back into her office.
 
“Kupo!” Mog randomly cheered.
 
Lucca glanced over at Serge, who was adjusting his harness, and sighed. He was so much like Crono. Before Lucca had a huge crush on Crono, but those feelings slowly drifted over to Serge sometime after meeting him. Serge, like Crono, seldom talked but still managed to be a great leader and save the world. She was snapped out of her reverie as Prometheus began to start the practice. She took a quick look over at the freshman. They seemed to be doing fine. Inwardly Lucca was relieved about this. Acquiring freshmen that knew what they were doing was a treat. Still, she knew she would have to watch them to make sure.
 
The two hours of practice seemed to fly by. At the end all of the percussionists were putting their instruments away and gathering their stuff so they could go home. There was still time to soak in what was left of summer vacation.
 
“Shoot!” Tifa yelled. All the eyes in the room cast towards her direction.
 
“What's wrong?” Umi asked worriedly.
 
“I don't have a ride home.”
 
“I could give you one,” Kain volunteered.
 
Tifa's eyes widened and she quickly nodded. She didn't have a chance before to notice how handsome the center snare was.
 
`What luck,' she thought with a smile adorning her face. She jogged a bit to catch up with Kain and Aoshi (who was also hitching a ride with the blonde). It wasn't a lot trip to the car and everyone got settled in. By no means was Tifa a shy person, so she decided to talk to the object-of-her-affection-for-the-past-five-minutes.
 
“Kain, do you have girlfriend?”
 
Kain's eyes slightly widened in surprised, but they quickly turned into a glare as he heard Aoshi chuckle next to him.
 
“…No, I do not have a girlfriend…” Kain said slowly.
 
For the second time that day, Tifa's eyes widened. She could make a move on him then.
 
“Kain? Girlfriend?” Aoshi laughed, “He has a boyfriend!”
 
A light blush stained Kain's tanned cheeks, causing Aoshi to laugh harder. It was just Kain's luck that Aoshi had to be uncharacteristically talkative and cheerful. Tifa felt her hopes being obliterated. She sighed. He was the second person that she liked that turned out to be gay.
 
“Sorry…” Kain apologized, not really knowing what to do.
 
“It's alright. It's not the first time this has happened to me. Who is he?” she asked, giving into her curiosity.
 
“His name is Cecil. He plays the trumpet.”
 
Tifa smiled and directed Kain to her house after they had let Aoshi out.
 
 
 
AoM: Bah! Introductions are so boring. I wasn't going to go through all those introductions, so I just listed them off name and grade. That's what I get for using so many characters though, ne?
 
Series in order of appearance in this chapter:
Yu Yu Hakusho, Chrono Trigger, Lufia 2, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Magic Knight Rayearth, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Cross, Inu-Yasha, Final Fantasy V, Fushigi Yuugi, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh, Breath of Fire 3, Seiken Densetsu 3, Cardcaptor Sakura, X, Ayashi no Ceres
Chapter Title from Chrono Trigger OSV