Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mad Season ❯ New World ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AoM: The point of this chapter and the last was to introduce the characters... a lot of characters. I'll make this the last chapter of that because I know it's boring. Oh wait, no I won't. There's still guard, so one more chapter after this. Maybe it's interesting to know who's appearing in it but overall, it's boring. Things will actually be happening later (yay!). If there are any last names I didn't get please tell me and I'll correct it.
 
 
Chapter III: New World
 
Two days after the first percussion sectional was the sectional for woodwinds and brass. They would be split up eventually, but Genkai was hoping for some conversions. You could never have too much low brass [a/n: this is not the author's opinion]. Everyone was there. The freshmen were huddled in a corner not knowing what to do or expect. The upper classmen were chattering away about their summers.
 
Sango was talking with Aerith when she felt a hand grope her.
 
“MIROKU!!!” she screamed slapping him on his cheek.
 
Miroku smiled rubbed the handprint that was left after the slap.
 
“You agreed to go out with me,” he pointed out.
 
“That doesn't me you can grope me as you please!”
 
Miroku sighed, “Fine, fine.”
 
Sango left in a huff to talk to other people. Both knew it wasn't true, he would do it again, and he always did. But for some reason Sango still loved him. That was why she finally agreed after numerous attempts to be his girlfriend.
 
“Heh, Miroku, now that you have her maybe you should stop doing that,” Irvine advised Miroku.
 
Irvine, Miroku, Edgar, Sorata and Zelos were close friends. Mostly because of their similar personalities and how much they flirted with women (didn't mean all of them were interested though). All were huge flirts. For Irvine to say something like that to Miroku must have meant he really did mean it. Miroku let out another sigh knowing they were right. He felt lucky to have Sango. She was gorgeous and had a great personality… when she wasn't slapping him for one reason or another.
 
“You play alto sax?!” a yell was heard across the room.
 
“Ed, calm down.”
 
“You were making fun of me playing a small instrument and you play one yourself?”
 
Roy shrugged, “I'm surprised you didn't already know what I play… what did you decide on playing anyway?”
 
“The tuba.”
 
Roy laughed, “You'll get crushed by sousaphone! Maybe you should have stuck with your original idea of playing the clarinet.”
 
“Who are you calling small?!” Ed fumed.
 
“Ed, be quiet. We're starting.” Ed crossed his arms over his chest and pouted, but did remain silent.
 
“Okay, let's start. I'm Genkai the band teacher. You'll be stuck with me for the rest of the year. We'll split up into sections so you can all get to know each other. Flutes and piccolos you're over there… (and so on),” Genkai announced.
 
Kiyoshi timidly walked over to Genkai, “Um… I don't play an instrument. My friend talked me into taking band. So I was wondering if there is anything I could play.”
 
“We always need more tubas,” she said with a slight smile, happy to get another tuba player. “I'll go get you one.”
 
About a minute later she came back pushing a case that was almost as big as her. Kiyoshi's eyes doubled in size.
 
“This is what you'll be playing. Your section will help you out and teach you what you need to know. If you have any questions ask me. The tuba section is over there,” she said pointing.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Sango allowed her brown eyes to look at each person in her section. She knew most of them from the previous years.
 
“I'm Sango, the flute and piccolo section leader. I'm a senior. When you introduce yourselves, please state if you play flute or piccolo.”
 
The flutes and piccolos are as followed: Rydia- 11, piccolo, Relm Arrowny- 9, flute, Aerith Gainsborough- 11, piccolo, Rinoa Heartilly- 9, piccolo, Marle Guardia- 10, flute, Kaoru Kamiya- 12, piccolo, Amiboshi- 10, flute, Akane Tendou- 10, piccolo, Colette Brunel- 9, flute, Momiji Sohma- 9, flute, Tohru Honda- 11, piccolo, Shuichi Shindou- 9, flute.
 
Sango smiled, they looked like a good group of kids. Her section wasn't too big either, she was thankful for that.
 
“Was that guy you were yelling at before your boyfriend?” Marle asked. Though she was a sophomore, this was her first year of band. She had gone to this school her freshman year but didn't have the room for band.
 
“Yes. His name is Miroku. He plays the trombone.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Glenn nervously looked around before heading over to where Genkai had stationed the clarinets. He was glad that Teepo played the clarinet too, or else he wouldn't know anyone. He positioned himself in between Teepo and a dark haired girl he didn't know.
 
“I'm the clarinet section leader, Arashi Kishu,” she announced to the group.
`Well, that answers who she is,” Glenn thought to himself. She looked like she was a nice person. Judging that she was section leader, he guessed that she was really good.
 
“I'm Fuu Hououji, sophomore. I'm the bass clarinet section leader. As we go around introducing ourselves say which you play,” she smiled at them all.
 
“Oh, and I'm a junior,” Arashi added.
 
The clarinet section included: Vincent Valentine (12), Squall Leonhart (10), Janus (12), Glenn (9), Kamui Shirou (10), Miaka Yuuki (10), Kaname Hagiri (9), Tomoyo Daidouji (9), Yugi Motou (10), Teepo (9), Tooya (12), Yuki Sohma (11).
 
The bass clarinets are: Subaru Sumeragi (10), Syaoran Li (9), Touya (11).
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
`Wow, there are a lot of saxophones… oh, yeah she put all of the saxes together. It won't be this big,' Locke remembered. “I'm Locke Cole, junior, section leader for alto saxes.”
 
“Cloud Strife, senior, section leader of the tenor saxophones.”
 
“ I'm Edgar Roni Figar, senior, bari section leader.” Edgar flashed a smile at Locke, causing the younger boy to blush.
 
Alto saxophones: Trunks Briefs (9), Yuki Tsukisiro (12), Malik Ishtar (10), Hyatt (12), Ryu (11), Nina (10), Lise (11), Eagle Vision (12), Haru Sohma (9), Albel Nox (10), Roy Mustang (12).
 
Tenor saxophones: Lena Tycoon (9), Norris (10), Goten Son (9), Reno (11), Seto Kaiba (10), Angela (10), Hawk (12), Maria Traydor (12), Eiri Uesugi- a.k.a. Yuki (12).
 
Baritone saxophones: Yuuto Kigai (12), Fayt Leingod (10), Tamahome (11).
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“I'm Seifer Alamasy, a senior, and trumpet section leader.”
 
“I'm Excel! I'm a sophomore!”
 
Seifer hit his head with his palm. “Shut up Excel,” he said already getting annoyed with the hyper girl. He was secretly hoping she wouldn't be coming back this year. Apparently, his wish didn't come true.
 
The rest of the trumpets are: Cecil Harvey (12), Irvine Kinneas (11), Hotohori (12), Tasuki (11), Inu-Yasha (11), Ukyo Kuonji (10), Lloyd Irving (9), Kyo Sohma (11), Winry Rockbell (9).
 
“Wow, only two frosh this year. I guess everyone is switching to low brass…” Seifer said to no one in particular.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The rest of the brasses were jumbled into one big group. The section leaders sought out each other so everyone else would know where to look.
 
“I'm Sorata Arisugawa, the trombone section leader. I'm a senior.”
 
“I am Sheena Fujibayashi, the French Horn section leader. I'm a senior as well.”
 
“I'm Celes Chere, another senior, and the baritone section leader.”
 
“I'm Sabin Figaro, senior, tuba section leader.”
 
“Sorry, I'm late,” a blonde said running over to the group. “I was just placed on tuba.” Sabin grinned at this and reintroduced himself. “I'm Kiyoshi Mitarai,” told them all.
 
Trombones: Edward Geraldine- a.k.a. Edge (11), Glenn (11), Karsh (10), Miroku (12), Ranma Saotome (10), Shampoo (11), Cless Alvein (9), Riza Hawkeye (11).
 
French Horns: Terra Branford (11), Yuffie Kisaragi (9), Boton (10), Kagome Higurashi (10), Hikaru Shidou (10).
 
Baritones: Bartz Klauser (11), Quistis Trepe (11), Seishirou Sakurazuka (12), Shuichi Minamino- a.k.a. Kurama (11), Yuuhi Aogiri (11), Bakura (12), Kouga (12).
 
Tubas: Zell Dincht (12), Gohan Son (12), Yami (11), Lantis (12), Ryoga Hibiki (10), Ascot (9), Edward Elric (9).
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Alright, if you're all done with your introductions, let's get started. We will begin by introducing the drum majors. Ran, Kefka Palazzo, and Nuriko,” Genkai said pointing to each.
 
The rest of the time went with the first song being passed out, breaking into sections for practice, and combining the group for a run through of the song and pep tunes.
 
 
 
AoM: Gomen! That chapter was so boring. There's only guard left to do though.
 
Note: Clarinet Glenn is the one from Chrono Cross and Trombone Glenn is from Chrono Trigger. The Touya in Frontline is from Cardcaptor Sakura, Clarinet Tooya is from Ayashi no Ceres, Bass Clarinet Touya is from Yu Yu Hakusho. Clarinet Yuki is from Fruits Basket and alto saxophone Yuki is from Cardcaptor Sakura.
 
List of Animes/Video Games used in this chapter:
Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu-Yasha, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fanasy VIII, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Rurouni Kenshin, Fushigi Yuugi, Ranma 1/2, Fruits Basket, Gravitation, Chrono Cross, Breath of Fire 3, X, Magic Knight Rayearth, Cardcaptor Sakura, Yu-Gi-Oh, Ayashi no Ceres, Dragonball Z/GT, Excel Saga, Seiken Densetsu 3, Star Ocean 3, Fullmetal Alchemist, Final Fantasy V, Kazeni Makase Tsukigake Ran
Chapter title is from Do as Infinity