Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mad Season ❯ Dancing Mad ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Hi everyone! I'm ghost_of_eden…AoE's best friend! We're writing this band fic together, and it's finally my turn to write a chapter! So, here goes…enjoy! -GoE
 
 
Chapter IV: Dancing Mad
 
“Zees est ze proper way to twirl a flag,” Harle said in her thick French accent. The guard captain twirled her deep purple flag in the air as the freshman, Sakura Kinomoto, Shizuka Jounouchi, and Aya Mikage, watched in amazement. Harle, who was exotically dressed as usual (often the victim of dress-codings), gave a small smile as she watched their faces. The sophomores, Selphie Tilmitt, Hokuto Sumeragi, Keiko Yukimura, and Yui Hongo, juniors, Miki, Himura Kenshin, Jin, and seniors, Gogo and Guile, also felt a bit of pride. This season looked promising.
 
Sakura beamed. “I want to try!” she exclaimed excitedly. She picked up a nearby silver flag and bounced happily over to Harle. Harle appreciated the young girl's enthusiasm, but hoped it wouldn't get in the way later in the season.
 
“Okay,” Harle said, “Place your left `and `ere…yes, zat's eet…okay, now, use your wrist - no, zee other `and…and twirl!” Harle flag soared in a perfect arc, and she caught it with perfect grace and skill. “You try,” she said, smiling.
 
Sakura focused, sticking her tongue out a bit in concentration. `Left hand…wrist…and…twirl!'
 
The flag went flying up wildly in an erratic arc. Harle quickly stepped backwards, as did all the other guard members. Sakura, however was not so fortunate.
 
WHACK!
 
“Oww!” Sakura winced in pain as the flag came crashing down on her head.
 
The room erupted in hysterical laughter, causing the young girl to blush furiously. Harle picked the flag up. “Eet's alright,” she said, still smiling, “Eet happens to everybody!” Kenshin smiled warmly at her and spoke in a soft tone of voice, “Don't worry, you'll get it, that you will.” Sakura nodded, still embarrassed. Even Gogo's eyes showed mild amusement.
 
“Zee first thing ve must learn ees ze proper dance technique,” Harle said, bringing the group back to focus. “Zee guard instructor, Karen Kasumi, `as zee routine for ze show…She should be `ere any minute now.” The group idly chatted about their individual summers for a few minutes before Karen arrived.
 
Karen Kasumi was stunningly beautiful. She was wearing nothing but a ruby red leotard, and her chestnut brown hair was still wet from showering. A small golden cross hung around her neck, and she was carrying her regular clothes in a duffel bag.
 
“Hello,” she said in a rich, almost melodic voice, “My name is Karen Kasumi…I'm the guard instructor.” She smiled warmly (A/N: No pun intended!) at the group. Once she had been properly introduced to the new freshman, (and of course told about Sakura's blunder) she pulled out several sheets of pink paper. “This is the dance routine for this year's show,” she said, handing one to each member, “We have to have this memorized within a month, so let's get started!” With that, the guard began their stretching exercises.
 
Meanwhile, Irvine, Edgar, and Sorata had snuck quietly to the side window of the guard practice room, and were watching intently.
 
“Check out the ass on Ms.Kasumi!” Sorata said, wide-eyed. Edgar stared at Miki, then at Shizuka, then back at Miki, trying to decide which was better. “Damn,” he said, as Miki bent over. “Damn,” he said as Shizuka did the splits. He sighed, smirking, “Ah, so much beauty, so little time.” Irvine watched silently, wondering if Sakura had a boyfriend. The three hormonal boys were so wrapped up in their guard watching that they hadn't noticed the captain gone missing.
 
“Ah, and vat do ve `ave `ere?” The three boys jumped and turned around quickly to find Harle glaring down at them, tapping her foot angrily. “Three garçons pervertis, yes?” The guilty trio looked at each other. Edgar asked, “What does that mean?”
 
“Perverted boys!” Harle said angrily, whacking them all in the head with her flag.
 
“Ouch!”
 
“Hey!”
 
“Oof!”
 
She laughed, and blew them a kiss as she walked away.
 
“Dream of moi!”
 
 
List of Animes/Video Games used in this chapter: Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 8, Rurouni Kenshin, Fushigi Yuugi, Yu Yu Hakasho, Yu Gi Oh, Ayashi no Ceres, X, Final Fantasy 6; Chapter title from Final Fantasy 6.