Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mad Season ❯ I'm Lost Without You ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AoM: I finally get to write a bit of angst The last two characters will be introduced. This does not count Band Boosters or Groupies or other but w/e. I don't think I'll give a full chapter introducing them anyway. Yes, the chemistry teacher is based off a teacher I have.
 
 
Chapter V: I'm Lost Without You
 
A rose slowly fell to the tombstone. Accompanying it came small white gems. It had been a week since the accident. Even after a week the young girl still cried. It was to be expected though. She and her twin brother were on their own now. They didn't have any other family. Their father… who knows what had happened to him. Any other family would be in the Makai, which their mother had fled to save her son's life. If she hadn't left he would have been thrown off the floating island, all because of her mistake. In the end, it was a human that killed her. A human male raped her and then shot her when she had gone out. There was no apparent reason for the murder. Yukina closed her eyes and more gems slipped out. It would seem that she should hate humans after what happened, but she couldn't.
 
Hiei stood close by, watching his sister. He was saddened by his mother's death, after all it was his fault she had left Demon World. Still, he didn't show it. He would not allow himself to cry. He needed to stay strong for Yukina.
 
An old woman watched the siblings, waiting for them to finish mourning over the grave. She knew them and their mother; her heart went out to them. Though she, like Hiei, would never show it. She saw Yukina rise and she knew it was time to make her presence known.
 
“Hiei, Yukina. From now on you'll live with me. Your mother would have wanted that.”
 
“Genkai… Thank you,” Yukina said softly.
 
“You will attend Jigoku No Yo High School where I teach.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Shut up!” Genkai yelled. All of the students turned to her. “We have two new students. This is Yukina, she plays the flute. And this is Hiei, he plays alto sax.”
 
“Guys, I think I've fallen in love,” Kazuma said keeping his eyes on Yukina.
 
“Yeah, that's what you said about Boton, Rosa, and Colette,” Yusuke reminded him.
 
“Yeah, but this time I'm serious.” Normally, he would have started fighting with Yusuke, but he couldn't take his eyes off the green haired girl in the front.
 
“We'll see,” Sano said.
 
Genkai gave them the hour to prepare themselves for their other classes since she had to get Hiei and Yukina settled in. It was the middle of the first week so they hadn't missed much.
 
“Hi, I'm Kazuma Kuwabara. I play the 5th bass,” he introduced himself to Yukina, trying to impress her.
 
Yukina smiled and gave an introduction of her own. Hiei glared at Kazuma, but that went unnoticed.
 
“Oh, band camp is in a week! Don't forget to turn in your forms
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Subaru-kun,” Seishirou called making Subaru blush.
 
“Sei-chan, don't tease Subaru,” Hokuto, Subaru's twin sister, said with a grin. She loved teasing Subaru.
 
“Yes?”
 
“What are you doing after school today?”
 
“I have appointments.”
 
Seishirou sighed. He wanted to hang out with Subaru, but the boy always had work. It was hard to woo someone you only saw one to two hours a day, five days a week. He understood Subaru's line of work, Seishirou was in the same field after all. He just tended to work at night. He wouldn't give up though, besides he had Hokuto helping him. He would do anything for Subaru. In fact, he had lost an eye saving him.
 
The bell rang, signaling for the students to start heading to the second hour class.
 
“See you guys later,” Hokuto waved. Her class was nearby, while Seishirou's and Subaru's were further away. Seishirou was pleased with this; he could walk with Subaru to the next class. That was the only good thing about his schedule. Well, that and band. All of his other classes were away from Subaru and he didn't even get the same lunch period. Seishirou growled at the thought.
 
“Seishirou?”
 
“Hm?” `Oh, he heard me growl out loud,' Seishirou thought. “Nothing, Subaru,” he dismissed.
 
The bass clarinet player looked at him strangely but didn't say anything.
 
As they reached their classrooms Seishirou sighed again. Now he wouldn't be able to see the younger boy until tomorrow. They both said goodbye and went into their respective classrooms.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Cloud sighed. Chemistry was so boring. If you did the slightest thing besides taking notes or listening, the teacher would turn her beady eyes to you and scream obscenities. That was not fun. Cloud had been at the receiving end of that all too many times. Getting on her bad side would result in low grades. There were few people who could get away with almost anything in the class. These were students the teacher actually liked. Cloud, unfortunately, was not one of those people. Bored, Cloud looked around the room, there were few people actually paying attention. Sephiroth was noticeably asleep.
 
`He wouldn't get in trouble though,' Cloud thought bitterly, `Stupid Mrs.Leznew.'
 
Mrs.Leznew's lectures went on seemingly for hours, although when she finished there was about twenty minutes left over to “work” on whatever she told you to.
 
“Cloud! Which equation would you use with this information?”
 
“Um… the pressure and volume equation?”
 
“And what would that be called?”
 
`Shit,' Cloud mentally cursed. “…I don't know.”
 
Mrs.Leznew smirked, “It's called Boyle's Law. The equation is P1xV1=P2xV2. You put this number in for the first pressure…”
 
Cloud blocked her out again. He really did not like this teacher. He saw Nuriko next to him giving him a sympathetic smile. Cloud just shrugged in return. Mrs.Leznew always did that to him. It was embarrassing, but he was used to it. He wished Vincent was in the class that would make the time seem to go faster. It could have been worse. He could have Professor Hojo like Vincent did. Cloud shuddered at the thought.
 
“Okay, everyone do the worksheets or outline or lab set-up. I don't want to see anyone goofing off,” Mrs.Leznew finally announced.
 
Cloud glanced at the clock and groaned. There were still ten minutes left. He really didn't want to do any chemistry work so he talked with Nuriko the rest of the hour. After chemistry was lunch, that was always something to look forward to.
 
 
 
Animes/Games used: Yu Yu Hakusho, Final Fantasy IV, Tales of Symphonia, Rurouni Kenshin, X, Final Fantasy VII, Fushigi Yuugi
Chapter title from Blink 182