Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mad Season ❯ Fate of Awakening Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
(Author's Note: Hey everyone! GoE here again…I would have put Cloud/Sephiroth in this chapter…but AoM and I `rock-paper-scissor'ed the pairing…she won, so Cloud/Vincent it is…*grumbles* Anywho, enjoy! -GoE)
 
 
Chapter VI - Fate of Awakening Love
 
Glenn (A/N: Chrono Cross, not Trigger) hugged his mother goodbye. She smiled at him, “Don't worry, sweety…I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends…” Glenn smiled back at her. “I hope so…” With that, he got out of the car with his duffel bag (A/N: What is it with me and duffel bags? Tsk, tsk…) in one hand, and clarinet in the other.
 
He struggled with the weight of the bag, slowly making his way towards one of the three yellow school buses waiting for him. Other students were milling around, chatting excitedly. The older ones were recalling their band camp stories of days gone by as they loaded their belongings into the underside of the bus.
 
“Uuurgh…” Glenn panted as he dropped the bag and stopped for a breather. The freshman was noticeably nervous about his first band camp. Questions raced through his mind. `What if I'm not good enough? What if I don't make any friends? What if I don't get the drill?' He resumed his inept waddle for just a few paces before he was halted in his tracks.
 
“Hey, you need some help?” Glenn looked up to find a taller boy smiling kindly at him. He had long blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and a very pretty face. Very pretty. Glenn blushed, and looked down. “S-sure,” he said, offering the clarinet case to the young man.
 
“My name's Norris,” said the tall thin boy, taking the heavy duffel bag instead. Glenn attempted a smile, still red-faced. “I-I'm Glenn.” Norris heaved the bag over his shoulder, still beaming. “That's a nice name,” he said.
 
Once everyone was on the bus, the journey began. Band camp was located up in the high country, amidst lush pine trees and…well, more pine trees. Terra and Locke sat next to one another, as they always did. The two juniors had been best friends for a long time. Although Sabin was Terra's boyfriend, the two had both agreed to sit with their friends for the duration of the ride. Sabin was in back, excitedly telling a group of freshman how he'd caught two burglars single-handed, while his brother, Edgar, rolled his eyes.
 
Terra poked Locke, who was staring idly out the window. “Hey,” she said, “What's wrong?” Locke sighed. “Well…I…” She looked at him, perplexed. “It's okay,” she said, “You can tell me anything!” Locke sighed again. “Okay…I…I…have a crush on Edgar…” The `treasure hunter' blushed furiously, and stared out the window once more. Terra blinked, absorbing this information. “Y-you're gay?” she asked, somewhat astonished. Locke never seemed the type… He looked back at her, shaking his head. “No…I'm bisexual.” Terra blinked once more. “Wow,” she said. Noticing Locke growing more and more uncomfortable she quickly spoke again. “Not that I think it's a bad thing! That's great! I'm happy for you! I was just…surprised, that's all.” Locke had courted a girl named Rachel for quite some time, and Terra thought he had a crush on Celes, if anyone. “I don't think…I don't think Edgar swings that way, though…” She said apologetically, glancing back at the bari sax player, who was, indeed, attempting to charm one of the young freshman piccolo players. Locke sighed for the third time. “I know,” he said, staring out the window, “I know…”
 
Tifa sat next to Cloud, who had promptly fallen asleep several hours ago, his music still blaring through headphones as he snored. She, however was concentrating on a sheet of paper - snare music. She was determined to play the drums - it was her passion. She didn't care that she was only a freshman, or that she would be the only freshman snare - she was going to make it.
 
“One-and two-e-and-a three-and four…” she mouthed silently. Outside, the wind had started to pick up. The forecast called for rain in a couple of days, but it looked like it might hit sooner. “…three-and-a four-e-and…” She was determined to make it. She knew she would…
 
Glenn sat alone, reading a book for his Honors-level language arts class. Summer reading which he hadn't finished over the summer, as a matter of fact. He sat behind Kain and Cecil, two seniors who were desperately in love. They had looked into each others' eyes and held hands while talking intently about their plans for after high school. They had eventually fallen asleep, Cecil resting his head on Kain's chest, with the blonde boy's arm over the trumpet player. It made Glenn a bit lonely. He couldn't help but think of the cutie who had helped him with his things. `Norris…that was his name…' The thought of Glenn's new crush brought a slight smile to his lips, and he wished that Norris was on the same bus…
 
Finally, the buses pulled into camp. The tired musicians stretched their legs as they got off. The drum majors instructed everyone which cabin they would be sleeping in. Kefka stopped Lloyd, a freshman trumpet player. “You there,” he said, motioning the brunette over. Lloyd was chewing gum. “Yeah?” He asked, almost smugly. Kefka narrowed his eyes. He didn't like this kid's attitude. “Spit out your gum.” Kefka said coldly. Lloyd spit out his gum and began walking to his cabin.
 
“Eh hem,” Kefka said, grabbing the collar of Lloyd's shirt, and pointing downwards. “There's sand on my boots.”
 
 
 
 
Chapter Title: From Inu-Yasha