Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Every Rose has its Thorn ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome: Konnichiwa!
 
Elmo: Stop speaking Japanese!
 
Kittenn: No.
 
Elmo: We don't own Inuyasha or Yuyu Hakusho.
 
 
Every Rose has its Thorn
Kagome's life is turned inside out when she's sent to the thirteen hundreds instead of the fifteenth century. Now she has to find who messed with the portal with her new friends to get him to fix it, while trying to get back the stolen shards.
 
 
There is only one OC in this chapter. Her name is Tsusokei. (She won't appear again.) The other person in Youko's group (Riko) is not an OC.
 
 
 
 
 
He sat at the well, his time portal. He had it open to travel from now to the fifteenth-century, but he needed to go farther back now. He needed to go to the thirteen hundreds. He smiled a crooked smile at the time portal. He was smart to use an old abandoned well. Nobody would find it. He closed the portal quickly and opened another to the century he needed. He jumped in, leaving no traces he was even there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome Higurashi walked into the same shed hours later, carrying an overstuffed yellow backpack.
 
She jumped calmly into the well, and was enclosed in a blue light. When she could no longer see light in the blue she was confused. Then she realized she was cold, very cold, and wet.
 
Kagome quickly swam up to the source of light, wondering why there was water in the dry well. There was a lot of water. When she reached the surface she quickly looked up to see she was very close to the edge of the well.
 
It took her a while, but she climbed out.
 
She scanned her surroundings, and saw a path that led towards the village. She knew that wasn't there when she left. She looked to where the Goshinboku should have been, and she only saw normal sized trees. She quickly ran in the direction she remembered it in, and saw a tree there, just not the size of the towering Goshinboku though it was slightly larger than all the other trees.
 
She ran back to the well, and stared into it, only to see water.
 
She quickly ran down the path that she assumed led to the village, and found a strange sight. There were houses, yes, but a lot less than before she left. There was also much less farmland surrounding the small village.
 
Confused, Kagome dashed down to the village. People stared at her strangely, like they did before they learned she was Kikyou's reincarnation. She looked around confused at the whispering. The crowd that had gathered moved aside.
 
A miko walked up to her and threw purification salt onto her.
 
“Demon, be gone!” she yelled. Kagome blinked at the woman placed a sutra on her head. Kagome looked at the lady annoyed.
 
“Now I know what it feels like for Inuyasha to be in my house,” Kagome mumbled, remembering her grandfather's useless sutra attacks on the poor hanyou.
 
The older miko looked at her inquisitively. Kagome backed away and tried to pull the sutra off her forehead. It was stuck on pretty well. The miko looked at her, and the purification items not working made the miko think the girl in front of her wasn't a demon.
 
Kagome stopped struggling and gave up.
 
“Note to self: never trust a strange miko while wearing my school uniform. I've lost count of how many times this has happened!” She turned to walk off when the miko stopped her.
 
“You're not a demon are you?”
 
Kagome shook her head no. “Can you remove this thing? I don't think they work against a miko,” she explained. The older miko nodded, and pulled it off.
 
“My name is Tsusokei, what's yours?” The miko introduced her.
 
“I'm Kagome!”
 
The miko led her towards her house, which was in the spot Kayde's was. Kagome wondered if maybe the well sent her back farther than it should have and if Kayde was a descendent of this miko.
 
“It's not much, but if you're just passing through you can stay the night here?”
 
Kagome looked around the hut and smiled at Tsusokei. “Thanks,” she sat down at the fire, “If you want I can make dinner as a thank you.”
 
“That's not necessary, anything for a fellow miko.”
 
Kagome laughed, “Gobbledygook. I have to thank you somehow, and I have way too much food in my backpack for just me. I have enough to feed five people for a week!”
 
“Gobbledygook?”
 
Kagome laughed harder, “I love that word. It means nonsense. I found it in the dictionary when looking up the word goatfishes.”
 
Kagome opened her backpack.
 
“I'll make the food while you go do something you need to!”
 
She pulled out her boiling pot. She filled it with watch out of the water bucket and put it over the fire. She pulled out some dried vegetables and put them into another pot, and put that over the fire too. She put a little bit of the boiling water into it. She took a can of tomato soup and started on that too. Soon enough she put the instant ramen into the boiling water, along with a chicken flavour packet. She took the cooked vegetables off the fire and put them aside to cool, and stirred the tomato soup.
 
After a quarter of an hour the miko came back into the hut to get something.
 
“Done,” Kagome informed her. Tsusokei looked over to her. She sat down and Kagome served her some ramen, which the vegetables had been added to, and a small bowl of tomato soup. Kagome served herself the same thing.
 
The miko carefully began to eat the food, and was surprised by the strange flavour. Kagome took a bite of her own and smiled
 
“That was the first time I added vegetables. I'm glad it turned out so good!” The miko looked at her and smiled.
 
“This is good. I've never had it before. What's it called?”
 
Kagome laughed. “It's instant ramen with dried veggies. I put canned tomato soup on the side!”

The miko was surprised. She didn't know what the girl meant by `instant ramen' and `canned tomato soup' or `dried' veggies.
 
Kagome decided help the miko with her duties around the village. Tsusokei gladly accepted and Kagome was to help heal the sick and injured.
 
She brought her first aid kit and aspirins with her. The first person had an extreme migraine, and Kagome handed him an aspirin.
 
“Swallow it whole with water and you'll feel better in no time!”
 
The next person she tended to had an injured leg. He cut himself while planting. She put alcohol on it to ease the pain and fix the infection, and then wrapped it in bandages.
 
She did many more people, and the work lasted the rest of the day.
 
Eventually it was bedtime. Kagome fell asleep easily, but woke up hours later when she heard sounds outside. There was a shuffling noise than voices.
 
“Hurry up Youko! There's always something good in the village miko's house!”
 
“I'm coming! Riko-kun is going to the village heads house alone right now so we'd better hurry.”
 
The two people walked into the hut and Kagome heard them near her. She heard a thud and she realized it was her backpack falling over. She opened her eyes to see two demons, one with silver hair that shone in the moonlight that leaked through the open door and the other with jet black hair and bat wings.
 
She saw them fumbling to open her bag.
 
“After we take this village we'll go to the next village over and sell everything we don't want. When they go to sleep we'll send in Riko to collect the other stuff and we'll raid the house of the village head for food and valuables. Then we'll go to the castle of those nobles that isn't far from here and take their valuables,” the two went over their plans quickly.
 
She stood up and crept behind them. One was picking up the backpack, planning to take it with them and figure it out later. The two didn't seem to notice so she spoke to the quietly.
 
“It's a zipper. You have to pull the small piece right there to the other side of the backpack and it'll open,” she explained in a low whisper, scaring the two demon thieves.
 
In their hesitation Kagome grabbed her backpack away from them.
 
“It's just food and clothing anyway.” She sat the backpack beside her.
 
The demons quickly grabbed her mouth to muffle her voice. She tried to scream but she couldn't. The bat quickly dragged her out of the hut, her backpack in his hand.
 
“Youko, we're going to have to take her with us, or she'll alert the peoples of our plan.”
 
The one called Youko nodded.
 
“You take her back to camp and I'll go help Riko finish off.”
 
Kagome tried to scream again, but the bat's hand was still on her mouth. She was pulled by the bat out of the village and to a camp not so far away. He put her down, but didn't remove his hand while he searched his camp for something.
 
Finally he found what he was looking for, a long strip of cloth and some rope. He gagged her and tied her up. She leaned against the tree and the two waited for Youko and Riko to return.
 
An hour later two men walked into camp. One was Youko and the other, she assumed, was Riko.
 
Riko had very long black hair tied up in a ponytail. He wore a baggy shirt and pants, and a pair of sandals. His eyes were a muddy hazel colour.
 
Kagome was scared. She knew they would probably kill her. Riko approached her quietly. “Onna, will you answer all our questions and say nothing else if we untie your mouth.” She was surprised at the man's voice for a second, it was slightly feminine. She nodded her head frantically, afraid of her own death.
 
Riko quickly took the gag off her mouth. “Are you the village miko?”
 
Kagome didn't know what kind of lie would save her life so she decided on the truth, it sets you free right? She wouldn't go as far as to depend on it to free her from the thieves. Stopping them from killing her would be enough. “No, but I am a miko that was passing through.” Kagome replied.
 
Riko nodded. “Did you plan on telling anybody our plan if you hadn't alerted the guys you were awake?”
 
Kagome paused. “I hadn't really thought that out,” She smiled nervously, “I was scared, and I can be very rash when I'm scared. I wasn't sure of how to get home from here and that backpack they were trying to steal,” she motioned to the yellow backpack, “had all my belongings in it that I need to survive, food, clothing, soaps, and I was protecting my stuff.”
 
The three laughed. What kind of idiot woman didn't think out her plan of action?
 
Youko smirked. “My turn, what would you do if we let you go right now?”
 
Kagome paused. She hadn't thought that out either.
 
“Well, I would probably go back to the village for the night and try to find my way home tomorrow. If I can I won't come back, and if I can't…” she trailed off, not knowing what she'd do.
 
“Would you for any reason tell anybody our plan if we let you go?” The bat spoke up.
 
Kagome shivered. “Maybe, I'm not sure.”
 
“How's this, tomorrow morning we'll escort you home, change our plans, and be on our way?” Riko suggested. Youko shook his head.
 
“That would waste too much time.”
 
“We could take her with us?” Riko said. Youko shook his head again.
 
“We could kill her?” This idea came from the bat. Youko shook his head again.
 
“She said herself, she's a miko. She'd find a way to purify us before we kill her.”
 
The three sighed. They had no idea what to do with her.
 
Kagome bit her lip. “There's a portal to my home in the well. If it doesn't work you can drag me with you? I have a lot of stuff that helps heal injuries.” It was a hopeful suggestion, but they nodded. A captive wouldn't be too terrible.
 
“Can you cook?” The bat said hungrily. Kagome nodded.
 
“I can cook a lot of food you've never tasted!” She exclaimed happily. The three nodded, satisfied.
 
Kagome motioned with her head to the ropes around her wrist. The three laughed.
 
“Not tonight, we can't have you running away!”
 
So Kagome fell asleep, still tied up. Tomorrow she would explain that the portal was supposed to lead somewhere else and she would stay if the portal didn't lead to the proper time after she jumped in, because she didn't want to tell her family of the problem.
 
Subconsciously though, she knew that she just couldn't live a normal life anymore. She needed adventure, even if she couldn't admit it to herself.