Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Every Rose has its Thorn ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kittenn: Konnichiwa! This chapter is dedicated to my reviewer.
 
Elmo: I'm changing my name to… Super Potato!!!!!
 
Kittenn: ELMO-KUN! WHY DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR NAME!
 
SP: Because I am a “Super Tomato”…
 
Kittenn: Uh… ST-kun…
 
SP: I mean potato.
 
Kittenn: Well, back on topic… I don't own Inuyasha or Yuyu Hakusho! They're owned by… some manga-kas in Japan…
 
 
Every Rose has its Thorn
Kagome's life is turned inside out when she's sent to the thirteen hundreds instead of the fifteenth century. Now she has to find who messed with the portal with her new friends to get him to fix it, while trying to get back the stolen shards.
 
 
 
 
Kagome looked into the well, scared that it wouldn't work. She looked over to the three and they smiled at her encouragingly.
 
She leaned over to jump in, when a demon ran out of the bushes and knocked her over. She landed on the grass beside the well and looked up to see a fire neko.
 
Looking it the forest, Kagome saw the bushes rustling,
 
A much larger demon appeared from the greenery and ran after the small cat. When it passed Kagome it stopped and looked at her. Kagome looked to where it was staring, her backpack, where the shikon shards were.
 
It ran towards her bag and ripped it open. Kagome would have sighed in frustration had it not taken the shards and flew off as quickly as it had came.
 
“Wow, talk about UFY.” Kagome said as she rummaged through her backpack. The three stared at her for a second.
 
“I thought you said it was just food and clothing. I don't think a youkai-eating-youkai would forget about the cat for that food.” Youko spat. Kagome laughed nervously.
 
“I forgot about the jewel shards okay! We have to get them back!” She looked up into the sky. The others made no attempt to move. “Guys, they can increase a youkai's power by a hundred! I'm the miko in charge of collecting them all, and guarding the jewel when it's whole. Letting a youkai run loose with them is disastrous.”
 
Youko laughed, “It's not our problem!” Kagome grinned, already thinking of a way to convince them to help her.
 
“A youkai in possession of those four shards would destroy villages and castles and you'd have less places to steal from,” She explained. They just stood there for a moment before Kagome continued, “I'll be going after them alone, and I could tell people of your plan at any point in time.”
 
That was enough for them. Kagome sat back on the edge of the well. She paused for a moment before taking Riko's headband. “I'll need this for a minute.”
 
She picked up her broken backpack and jumped into the well.
 
Riko blinked a couple times in confusion. The next think he knew, Kagome was back with a new backpack that was filled with the same items. This one was neon green.
 
Riko took the bandana back and put it back on as they all walked off towards the next village. He grumbled to himself, “What the hell did the onna want with want with my bandana?”
 
Kagome giggled and took her MP3 player and put the earphones into her ears. Youko and Kuronue looked over to her, hearing sounds coming from the things she put in her ear.
 
Curiously, Kuronue walked over and put his ear against hers and listened. He was surprised at what he heard. Behind the strange noises that Kagome was bobbing her head to, he could hear voices. It wasn't exactly speaking, but he found it different from singing he had heard before.
 
It was loud.
 
She started dancing, and Kuronue walked back over to Youko.
 
“A strange kind of music is coming from those things.” Kuronue explained, confused himself. Youko nodded and looked back to the insane woman in front of them.
 
She stopped dancing after a while and the music got quieter. If the demons wanted to continue to listen they would have to strain their ears. The two didn't want to listen though.
 
Riko was oblivious to the device, being in the very front of the group, ahead of Kagome.
 
Youko and Kuronue decided they would take it from her when she started dance again and they began to discuss how to capture it from her.
 
After a very long time Kagome took it out of her own ears and moaned, “Stupid batteries.”
 
For a couple seconds the two demons were glad that she stopped dancing.
 
Kagome went up to Riko and tried to start a conversation but Riko ignored her. Kagome sighed and started to sing something they were not expecting.
 
They had never heard the song before, and they'd be happy if they never heard it again.
 
 
 
“…Singing it not knowing what it was, and just kept on singing it forever just because, it the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends! Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and just kept on singing it forever…”
 
After an hour of her singing the song, Riko had joined in and the two had annoyed the two youkai out of their minds. For two humans, the two had great lungs. Even youkai have problems managing to sing that loud, for that long.
 
Just as they decided to gag the two, a village came into sight. The two stopped singing.
 
Youko praised the gods, and Kuronue hugged all of them.
 
“Okay guys, the usual plan to learn about the village. Riko, take Kagome with you now though, it'll be better” Youko stated as they approached the village. The two nodded and Riko went into the bushes to change. Kagome realized she should too so she took a spare change of clothing, which was a kimono, and changed behind a tree.
 
Kagome was surprised to see Riko dressed in a pink kimono, with his long hair down, and tucked behind his ears. He had on eye shadow and some sandals, none of the thieves were wearing footwear.
 
She smiled at Riko, “You look like a girl.” Riko laughed.
 
“This may shock you, but I am a girl,” Riko explained. Kagome gasped.
 
“Really? Sorry!”
 
Riko laughed again, “I'm supposed to look like a guy. That way I can come learn about the village dressed as a woman and nobody will suspect a thing. People know about a band of thieves that consist of Youko Kurama, a bat youkai, and a human male,” she explained.
 
Kagome laughed and they talked casually as they walked into the village. They were greeted as visitors and the villagers talked to them. In conversation they managed to learn which houses were the headman's and his family, who the richest person in the village is, who the poorest person was and more about surrounding villages.
 
The villagers said something about that a village within a day's walk from her was robbed and the girls managed to keep their cool and pretend that they had passed through that village a while ago.
 
What surprised her most though out of the entire visit was when they were about to walk into the village; Riko had told her something unexpected, “I use the name Riko to sound more like a guy. It's not my full name. Call me by my real name in the village; Midoriko.”
 
Kagome was surprised that Midoriko, the creator of the Shikon no Tama, was a thief. Kagome tried to stay calm and normal when she said that, but she couldn't. Midoriko had noticed her odd behaviour.
 
Kagome could only tell her, “My portal leads to another time. You're mentioned in Japanese history.”
 
Kagome smiled back at the other miko; or soon-to-be-miko if she wasn't aware she had spiritual powers yet.
 
“So, when we're just around the guys do you want me to call you Midoriko or Riko?”
 
“Riko.”
 
Kagome realized that Midoriko was less innocent than she was believed to be.
 
They returned to camp after interrogating the villagers, without them realizing it was an interrogation, and Kagome started to cook dinner.
 
She quickly made spaghetti with her canned sauce and noodles and she served it. After eating, Youko, Kuronue, and Riko left. Kagome cleaned up and began her homework that she had taken with her.
 
She forgot what pi was, and used the number 4.13 instead. Eventually the group came back with their `profit', as they called it.
 
Kagome asked for help with her homework, but none of them understood either. With that taken care of, they fell asleep.
 
It took Kagome quite a while to actually fall asleep. She felt strange in a different era. Last night she had been exhausted and scared. Today had actually been quite enjoyable.
 
She knew the walking would just get harder if she didn't get her rest, but her mind wandered to thoughts of if she'd ever see Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippou, or anybody else for that matter.
 
She remembered that some demons she knew from the feudal era could be in this time too. The first names that popped into her mind were `Sesshoumaru' and `Kouga' but soon she remembered Shippou's father and Toga, Inuyasha's father. She thought about the Band of Seven fearfully, and remembered that many other unnamed youkai were alive too.
 
Eventually she fell asleep, unsure of the time.
 
 
A time demon climbed out of the now-not-so-dry well. He mumbled something about stupid wells that have water in them and looked down to his soaking wet body. He had thought he was done in this time for good after he located the crystal gem, a jewel that was nearly as powerful as the Shikon-no-Tama.
 
Unfortunately for him, the miko he had allowed to use his time portal to help defeat Naraku had ended up hear and lost her shards.
 
Now he had to find a way to get them back to her without being found.
 
Lucky him.