Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Every Rose has its Thorn ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kittenn: Konnichiwa! I've gone through this chapter and it's ready for posting. Yay!
 
Elmo: WHATEVER! -sulks-
 
Kittenn: Anyway, the only version of Snow White I own is the one in this chapter and I don't own Inuyasha or Yuyu Hakusho either!
 
 
Every Rose has its Thorn
Kagome's life is turned inside out when she's sent to the thirteen hundreds instead of the fifteenth century. Now she has to find who messed with the portal with her new friends to get him to fix it, while trying to get back the stolen shards.
 
 
 
He had no idea what-so-ever where to start.
 
He could always follow the scent of every demon nearby, but there had been so many through here he didn't no where to start.
 
Maybe he should start where all demons do, finding the power radiating off the jewel.
 
He couldn't sense jewel shards, being the prototype he had many faults. He wished for a moment he was a newer model, but the newer ones would obey him impeccably. There was no way a new one could do what he was doing now.
 
He scratched him back, wondering where to start. He thought about maybe searching the entire country for them, he did have all the time in the world. The problem was when he made portals he would loose energy, and he couldn't make portals like the newer ones.
 
They could open one in front of somebody and close it when the person was through. He couldn't do that.
 
His looks were defected too. He had been so occupied trying to go against the scientific laws and make himself his army of time demons that he forgot to worry about what the demon looked like.
 
Taking off his hood he sighed. His face was deformed with one eye higher up on his face than the other, pale green skin, and blue eyes. He loved his eye colour though.
 
He didn't want to be in his control.
 
He was different. He didn't want the human world to be destroyed. He wanted to stop him from creating the time demons that could cause the end of the three worlds.
 
Only one youkai had run right next to the well, then back where it came from.
 
Lead number one!
 
 
Kagome stood up and stretched. She looked around her to see Youko, Kuronue and Riko already up. They nodded at her and continued what they were doing.
 
Kagome didn't really know what they were doing. From the looks of it, it was a fight, but they didn't seem to be hitting each other at all. She soon remembered Inuyasha once telling her that demons commonly train by sparring, so she figured that was what it was.
 
She decided she'd leave them to what they were doing and began breakfast.
 
When she finished breakfast she wasn't sure if she should call them over or not. Was it safe to do this while they were sparring? Before she could decide whether or not to call them they were sitting in front of her, looking at her as to ask for food. She giggled and served them.
 
They made Inuyasha's manners look civilized. Even Riko was tearing through her food like it was the last meal she would ever eat.
 
“Guys, you do know that it's unhealthy to eat so fast?”
 
With no response except more munching Kagome began to eat her own breakfast.
 
After they ate Kagome began to pack her things. Youko and Kuronue were fixing the area where they sparred and Riko was cleaning up the three thieves' things.
 
Soon enough the camp looked like it had never been a camp, and Youko threw a seed on the ground. Kagome looked at him confused and he explained that it would cover their scent. That hadn't been what confused her. She wanted to know where the seed came from.
 
Without an answer to the question, they began to walk. Kagome pulled out a sudoku book and began to solve her latest puzzle as they walked. Riko and Kuronue were talking and Youko was silent.
 
It was assumed the fox was making plans for a heist.
 
Kuronue and Riko's conversation was about Kagome. If they had just killed her she wouldn't be slowing them down. Then again, they wouldn't have such good meals if they had killed her.
 
Youko was against killing a miko though. He was scared of her wrath if he decided to kill her. He did have some need for self-preservation, no matter how little.
 
They also went on about the way that Youko had begun to look at her. It was sort of like he did kitsune females that he wanted to seduce for his own entertainment. They really hoped he wouldn't do so. Quote Kuronue: “She's our food source now, I don't want her leaving.”
 
Riko was just thankful for a female to talk to about girl things that the guys wouldn't understand, no matter that she related to the guys a lot when it came to likes and dislikes, and attitude, but they weren't girls.
 
After an hour, Kagome managed to finish her puzzle. Tired of sudoku, Kagome began to talk with Riko and Kuronue began to discuss plans with Youko.
 
The two realized how much they were like one-another. Kagome wasn't a professional thief and Riko could defend herself in all situations, but when it came to men they both understood each other perfectly.
 
“Common, I saw the way you were looking at Kuronue!”
 
Midoriko blushed madly at her friend's comment, “So? He's very good-looking.”
 
“Agreed, but you like him!”
 
“Maybe, maybe not.”
 
“Crush, crush, crush!”
 
“I know what you think of Youko!”
 
“What?”
 
“That he's very good-looking too!”
 
“That's because you think he's hot! That doesn't mean I do!”
 
“Hot?”
 
“Where I come from it's a term for extremely good-looking for the male gender. Guys use it when talking about women who are developed.”
 
“Ahh… I don't thing that Youko's hot, I like Kuronue!”
 
“You just admitted to it! Crush, crush, crush!”
 
“But you do think Youko's hot! I saw the way you look at him.”
 
“So what? Can you blame me?”
 
“Actually, not really.”
 
They talked on like that for a while before the subject changed.
 
Youko and Kuronue, meanwhile, talked about Youko's plan for the heist of the castle. Kagome would be a distraction if she agreed to. It would make entering easier if everybody was asleep. Think, an innocent woman knocking on the door and offering poisoned apples. They'd never suspect until she was long gone.
 
Later that night they told Kagome the plan. She began to laugh.
 
“Pull a Snow White? Why?”
 
They didn't know what a Snow White was, so that took some explaining. In the end she agreed to shut them up. While she began dinner they made her poison apples.
 
While the others ate, Kagome wasn't hungry, she wrote out a story to put near their bodies so nobody suspected that Youko's Thieves had a new addition.
 
 
Nervously, Kagome glanced back at Youko, who was in the shadows a couple of feet away, invisible to the naked eye.
 
He nodded at her and she flipped on the hood of the bright blue cloak so her face was covered. She grabbed a basket of poisoned fruits and vegetables; save three or four that were at the very bottom so she could eat in front of them.
 
A maid answered the door and Kagome proceeded to sell the produce. The maid called over the cook. She gave the cook a single celery stalk that wasn't corrupt for him to sample. He called over the family.
 
In the end the entire castle had come over to try the strange food, for it was very good.
 
When the entire population of the castle was asleep Youko, Kuronue, and Riko, advanced on the goods of the castle. Kagome put the paper that she had written beside the sleeping body of the Lord and left quickly.
 
Hours after the robbery, the people all woke up. The Lord saw the paper beside him, held in place by a rock and began to read.
 
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves:
 
There was once a queen who sent the most beautiful girl in the kingdom to be killed but the knight couldn't do so. The girl's name was Snow White.
 
She took refuge with seven dwarves in the forest. She did their cooking and cleaning while they worked. They always told her, “Don't open the door for anybody; it could be the evil Queen!”
 
One afternoon a vendor clad in black came to her door and offered her an apple. Snow White obliged and took a sample, only to fall over in an eternal sleep.
 
The Queen, which was who the vendor turned out to be, robbed the house and left, the girl never to wake again.
 
She didn't count on the girl to wake up hours later like we did. She was woken by the kiss of a prince, while you are woken by the wearing out of chemicals.
 
Everybody will wake within an hour of eating my poison.
 
Don't come after me.
 
Vendor clad in Blue
 
 
Kagome realized that she had just given birth to the most famous English fairy tale ever before she fell asleep that night. Her life was about to get a lot more interesting too, because she couldn't seem to locate the jewel shards.
 
 
The “Snow White” story is to get across a point about Kagome's impact on the future…
 
 
Kittenn: I apologize for the Snow White incident! Then again, it may come into play again later… maybe not…
 
Elmo: Whatever!
 
Kittenn: Anyways, ja!