Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Every Rose has its Thorn ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kittenn: Konnichiwa ningen!
 
Elmo: Ningen? That ones new.
 
Kittenn: Baka onna.
 
Elmo: Onna is new too…
 
Kittenn: He's an idiot. -Shakes head-
 
Elmo: Anyways we don't own Inuyasha or Yuyu Hakusho,
 
Kittenn: Yes, anyways, in this chapter Kuronue gets a glimpse of the modern era and Koenma sends the Ex-Spirit Detectives to capture the “A-class youki source”, but it was just to show that Kurama remembers Kagome, and why that is so important will be revealed…
 
Elmo: -snorts- Eventually
 
Kittenn: Okay, just some clarification on some things before we get started:
 
 
Every Rose has its Thorn
Kagome's life is turned inside out when she's sent to the thirteen hundreds instead of the fifteenth century. Now she has to find who messed with the portal with her new friends to get him to fix it, while trying to get back the stolen shards
 
 
 
Kagome sat up from her sleep and looked to the team. They were sparring again and this time she just began breakfast, beginning a routine.
 
She would wake up and prepare breakfast while the others sparred.
 
They would eat and begin to travel. She would try to sense the shards unknown to the others before she started a conversation.
 
At lunch they would stop for lunch and a rest because Kagome and Riko were humans, and then continue on the journey.
 
At night they would pull a heist while Kagome did her homework. Then before they returned she would try to locate the shards.
 
Then they'd go to sleep and start again in the morning.
 
After a while they took a different route back to the well because they were low on food.
 
Kuronue managed to get himself a rosary before they went back to the well. He was being annoying. Kagome remembered that when she was in the feudal era Kayde gave her one for her brother. That was what ended up on Kuronue.
 
“Common Kagome, one chocolate bar! Please”
 
Did she mention she got him addicted to chocolate?
 
“Down Kuronue.”
 
He cursed in the ground.
 
Yes, she was beginning to feel like she was at home again.
 
They arrived at the well around a week after she first jumped into their time.
 
“Kagome, is it possible that we could come to your time?” Riko looked to her new friend expectantly and Kagome shook her head.
 
“Kuronue might be able to because of the rosary though,” she paused for a minute, “it gives him a connection to my time through me and you might be able to because,”
 
Kagome didn't finish. She wasn't particularly sure that it was the shikon that caused time travel.
 
Her theory was that she could only get through when she had a link to that time. The shikon would be a link to that time, but not this one.
 
But then how had she gotten here in the first place if the jewel shards were only a link to that time?
 
She looked at Riko again.
 
“We could try you and Kuronue. I'm pretty sure he will be able to, but I'm not so sure about you.”
 
Riko wasn't going to take the chance at a broken bone by jumping down the way Kagome did. She had Youko lower his vines to right above the water and she climbed down them and jumped into the well. Nothing happened and she climbed up.
 
“Sorry Kagome, it doesn't work for me.”
Kagome just nodded and jumped in. Youko moved his vines out of the way, but then decided to use them to crate somewhat of a ladder for Kagome to get out later on.
 
Kuronue looked into the well and flew in. In a bright flash of blue they both disappeared.
 
Riko looked down then back to Youko, who was leaning against a tree with his eyes closed.
 
She sat across from him.
 
“If we weren't going to get food out of this I wouldn't have let her go. We're loosing time.”
 
Riko giggled.
 
“She said that she might not be back for a few days so we can go on a heist south of here tonight, just the two of us.”
 
He smirked at her, and she would be frightened if she didn't know him so well.
 
“I like the way you think.”
 
 
Kagome was about to climb up the ladder when Kuronue grabbed her waist and flew her up. She thanked him and they walked out of the shed. Kagome took a dash for the house and he followed.
 
“Kaa-san?” Kagome yelled into the house and her mother came running down. She was surprised to see a demon man behind her that wasn't Inuyasha.
 
Before she could speak, Kagome quickly began to talk.
 
“Mom, this is Kuronue. The well broke and I was sent even father into the past and thanks to this idiot and his friends and demon showed up and stole the shards.”
 
“The three of them are helping me find the shards and find a way to fix the well.”
 
Kun-Loon nodded, unable to find a reason for her daughter to not use the help of this murderous-looking man. He gave his best smile, feeling the situation needed it and Kun-Loon shivered.
 
This guy did not have a kind looking smile, more of a deadly one.
 
“Well, we can't hide those wings though, so unless you intend to go to an Anime Convention than he has to stay in the house.”
 
Kagome nodded and went up to her room to change. Kuronue went to explore the house. He decided against stealing anything, mostly because he didn't want to know what the grey solid dirt that covered everywhere tasted like.
 
Soon enough he met Souta. Souta was playing video games and Kuronue just watched, entranced by the box with moving pictures.
 
That night he secretly flew the skies of Tokyo.
 
 
“Guys we have a code yellow! There's a demon loose in the city and we need you to go catch it!”
 
Botan flew up to Yusuke and Kuwabara.
 
“We're still his errand boys after all this time? He fired me!” Yusuke complained. Botan slapped him with her oar.
 
“Go get Kurama. The energy signal is somewhere between A-class and S-class and he's hesitant to let you two into this alone.”
 
They both nodded again and they ran off towards the office that Kurama works at.
 
“Kurama!”
 
Yusuke hit Kuwabara hard on the head at this yell. “He's Shuichi around here,” Yusuke whispered and then Kuwabara nodded.
 
“Shuichi!”
 
Yusuke then hit himself on the head. Kurama came walking around the corner to see Kuwabara yelling his name and Yusuke banging his head on a nearby wall.
 
He laughed out loud at what his friends were doing.
 
“Guys, I'm right here. What's so important you're interrupting my work?”
 
Yusuke turned away from the dented wall, “A-class demon loose in the city.”
 
Kurama sighed.
 
“He fired you, I was volunteering after the first mission, Hiei was bribed after the Dark Tournament, and Kuwabara was volunteering from the start, yet we are still ordered around like his errand boys?”
 
“Hai.”
 
“Great,” Kurama turned to leave them.
 
“Wait, where are you going?”
 
“To tell somebody I'm leaving.”
 
 
Kuronue looked down from the sky. He was so high he could easily be mistaken for a bat, but he still tried to be careful. Kagome's threat for punishment if he's seen was scaring him into doing something that he usually never did.
 
He was surprised to see a group of three boys chasing him on the ground. He flew into a small patch of greenery that Kagome had told him was a park and hid in a tree.
 
The three boys quickly found him and he jumped out and landed in front of them.
 
One had long red hair and bright green eyes, another had curly red hair, and the last black hair that was slicked back almost unnaturally.
 
The long-haired one gasped when he saw him and the other two looked back to their friend.
 
 
Kurama saw Kuronue as clearly as day. For a moment he was angry, frightened, and confused at what was going on. Was it an impostor? Did Kuronue escape the afterlife? What happened?
 
Then he remembered Kagome Higurashi. She was from a totally different time period, he knew that, and Kuronue had access to it because of the rosary.
 
He noticed that Kuronue was wearing it.
 
Kurama was relieved. Maybe he could eventually meet Kagome. He thought that it would probably be a year or so from that second because she had to finish her journey before she retired to the twenty-first century.
 
Yusuke and Kuwabara just got into fighting positions and Kurama grabbed their shoulders.
 
“It's nothing to worry about guys.”
 
They looked to him like he was insane and he shook his head. The bat looked past the two boys and to him.
 
He recognized that aura. It was so near to Youko's that he couldn't help think it was him.
 
Kuronue looked towards the sky.
 
“Kagome is going to send me through the earth,” he mumbled before taking off again. Kurama smiled at this.
 
Yusuke tried to run after him and Kurama stopped him.
 
“Don't worry Yusuke, he won't be a bother.”
 
Yusuke didn't believe him, but complied.
 
 
Kuronue landed in the shrine and sat on the couch and began to sleep. Kagome came down in the morning to see him asleep and smiled to herself.
 
“Kuro-kun, we're leaving in an hour.”
 
He was up and on his feet as soon as she finished the sentence. She giggled.
 
“Eager are we? Well, I got to pack food so try to entertain yourself for an hour.”
 
Kuronue nodded happily and began to think about how to tell Youko of his adventures in the modern era, and about the strange boy whose aura was so much like his.
 
 
Kittenn: Do you like it?
 
Elmo: Well? Do you?
 
Kittenn: Anyways, nothing to say here, so JA!