Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Every Rose has its Thorn ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kittenn: Okay, here is my next chapter. I started this right after I got the last posted because I really wanted to.
 
Elmo: YOU DIDN'T SAY KONNICHIWA! Congratulations!
 
Kittenn: -sweatdrops- Anyways, this chapter is for mostly humour. It gives you a little taste of what Riko and Youko had stolen from the village.
 
Elmo: Heh. -Begins to laugh his butt off- WE DON'T OWN ANYTHING!
 
Kittenn: Well, the only person we own is `unnamed'. Actually, I haven't named him yet. I've been thinking of him as `Time Demon'. His creator will have numbered him and the number will come up later, but he doesn't really have a name. Even in my mind.
 
 
 
 
 
Youko and Riko leaned against the well in a drunken manner. Youko grabbed a drink from beside him and passed it to Riko. She began to drink what must have been her tenth bottle of sake that day, or was it still night?
 
Youko picked one up and began to drink too. The two began to laugh imprudently at nothing.
 
Youko must have had twice the amount of alcohol than Riko, and was still going at it. Riko was beginning to slow down her intake of the liquor sleepily.
 
Youko began to sing an old folk song and Riko leaned against his shoulder and fell asleep.
 
They had both lost count at their fifth bottle, and they were surrounded by half-empty bottles.
 
That was how Kagome and Kuronue found them, intoxicated. Kagome just sighed and picked up Riko, who was sleeping like the dead, the best she could. It was more of a position where Riko's arm and head were slung over Kagome's shoulder and she dragged the rest of her friend's body.
 
Kuronue hoisted Youko's arm around his shoulder and the two began to walk, Youko staggering and leaning all over Kuronue for support.
 
When they were far enough away from the village that still used that well, Kagome dropped Riko onto the forest floor and Kuronue did the same with Youko. Kagome began to set up camp, mumbling about how they couldn't travel with two of their numbers drunk.
 
Kuronue began to help her.
 
“I missed all the fun!” Kuronue complained to Youko, who was still awake, though unable to support himself. Youko nodded and hiccupped.
 
“Itw as awsme de! We koot al lthes `ake fro' that vill' ager and yo didt geany!”
 
(Translation: It was awesome! We took all the sake from that villager and you didn't get any!)
 
Kuronue smirked at his drunken friend. Most people never saw Youko high, and his ever-sober attitude around people he wasn't close to gave strangers the impression he was a serious guy. Those who knew him knew otherwise. All Youko ever wanted to do was party.
 
“Agokay! Ommer! I wovnt you, sos comehe re an giv me som!”
 
(Translation: Kagome! Come here! I love/want you, so come here and give me some!) (Drunken Youko couldn't sort out the words love and want.)
 
Kagome laughed nervously and moved closer to the only other abstemious person there; Kuronue.
 
“Just go make food for me and you and give Youko some bread. He treats all women like that when he's drunk, and sometimes men too,” Kuronue whispered to the human girl, assuring her. Kagome nodded and tossed some bread to the fox and began to cook some food for her and Kuronue to nibble on while they sat out the problem.
 
Kagome wandered a little outside of their camp a little past noon and found a hot spring. With Kuronue promising to watch the other two, she took a bath. When she returned, Youko too was out cold.
 
“Great,” Kagome mumbled looking at the fox, “just great.” Kuronue smiled at her.
 
“There's nothing to do,” Kuronue whined an hour later. He and Kagome were leaning on each other's backs and Kagome was singing the song that never ends again.
 
Kagome stood up and went to her backpack and pulled out a pack of cards.
 
“We might as well entertain ourselves. Poker, Old Maid, War, or Crazy Eights?”
 
After Kagome explained the rules of Crazy Eights, the two began to play. Kuronue was constantly messing up, and the fact he wasn't good with numbers wasn't very good for the game either.
 
She noted not to introduce Kuronue to War until he could count to ten.
 
After an hour of playing cards, they were bored again. Kagome then began to teach Kuronue to count.
 
“One, two, three, four five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.”
 
“One, three, two, four, five, seven, eight nine ten.”
 
“No! One, two, three, four five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.”
 
“One, two, three, four, six, seven, eight, nine, ten?”
 
After a half hour he finally got it, and they began to play War.
 
War lasted a long amount of time and finally she cooked something to eat. By then Riko had woken up with her hangover and Kagome tossed her a couple bottles of water.
 
After drinking the water, Riku fell back asleep.
 
Youko woke up in the middle of the night and nobody was aware of it.
 
The next morning the two were screaming about losing a days travel. Kagome just told them it was their fault and ordered them to help clean up camp. Youko threw another seed down to cover their scent and then they went on their way.
 
Kagome pulled out her MP3 and gave a headphone to Riko and they both began to listen.
 
Riko was annoyed at some of the music, and Kagome began to let Riko choose songs.
 
Kagome turned it off before the battery died this time and her and Riko talked the rest of the way to the next village they planned on robbing, west of the well.
 
Youko told her that they were going for bigger fish; Toga, Lord of the West.
 
 
The time demon sat against a cave wall. It took him long enough to actually locate the shards, and he was now preparing for a battle with the demon.
 
He took a deep breath and stepped towards the strange flight youkai.
 
The youkai saw him and then noticed he was eyeing his treasures, source of power, which was in his mouth. The time demon could see jewel shards thanks to his programming, lunged into the opposing youkai's mouth and reached into the skin to pull out the jewel shards. The other bit down onto the intruder but it was too late.
 
The time demon had his hands clamped around the shards and pulled them out.
 
He examined his arm. It was broken, he expected. It hurt like hell, but he had the shards.
 
He took a run for it, cradling his broken arm. The demon chased him and used its claws to injure him from behind. He stumbled, feeling the heating pain from the new gashes on his back. The demon took that chance and bounded onto him and began to tear at his arm that was already numb with pain.
 
The entire time he held onto the shards the best he could.
 
Hours later he woke up in the pitch black night of the new moon. He didn't remember falling unconscious so he was scared.
 
He tried to sit up, but he couldn't. He was fully aware of the throbbing slices on his back, and his broken arm that was bleeding all over the place numb with pain.
 
He looked over to the emerald blood that was forming a large murky puddle under him, which would have shine in the moonlight if there had been any.
 
His blood was a deep emerald. It was another defect of him being a prototype. His blood matched the grotesque colour of his skin.
 
Then he remembered the reason he was mauled by that demon in the first place.
 
The shikon jewel shards. That demon had three. He tried to take them.
 
Whenever he is attacked, it was his natural instinct to forget about it, another fault in his programming. Because of this, he couldn't remember exactly what happened earlier.
 
Had he succeeded in taking the shards?
 
Remembering that it was the broken arm he held them in, he tried to rise, to check if he had them, seeing as he couldn't sense shards or move his hand/ He failed again, and just used his uninjured arm to pry his fingers out of the fist that they had formed.
 
He felt, there in his hand, three shards of a glass like jewel.
 
He smiled faintly before fainting from blood-loss, wondering why the demon hadn't ripped him to shreds.
 
 
Kittenn: Next time he turns up he'll reveal his number.
 
Elmo: Ja!
 
Kittenn: Yeah, ja!