Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Through The Rain ❯ How It All Began ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 1:How It All Began




January 10, 2005




I never knew betrayal could have hurt so much. They left me for the sake of their own lives. If only I had the courage to do the same thing. My name is Shuillin Hainasaka. I think I'm about 12. All the terror had happened a few years ago. I tried to move on, I really did. I just never had the strength. I'll never be the girl my mom had wanted me to be.




May 5, 1997




My mom had died on this day. She always loved me for who I was, but I knew she wanted me to be better. She wanted me to be perfect. The only problem is, that I don't know what "perfect" could be. Should I be pretty? Or maybe smart? I meant to ask her many times, but again, I didn't have the strength. When I was going to ask, it was too late. She had cancer. She passed away before I could ask her... Before I could say I loved her back. I'm always too late.


I was sitting beside her in the hospital. I wanted to tell her, but she spoke up first. She beat me to the dead line.


"Whatever happens, you will always be my baby...I love you."


I wanted to say the same. I wanted to tell her I loved her. I just sat there, her hand in my hand, staring at her. I wanted to speak, but the monitor gave a long... flat tone... I was too late. She smiled her last smile and grew pale. My mom beat me to the dead line again. I could never win. My mom had taken care of me most of her life. My dad passed away when I was three. According to my mom, he loved me too. He spent time with me every chance he got...


I was all alone after my mom left. I showed up to the funeral... It was lonely because no one else was there... I was the only one left. It rained that day, so I slept in an alley... In a box. The next day I was on the move again. My dad had left his army knife for me. I used it to cut my hair real short, like a boy's. I hid it with a hat I got when my mom and went to a baseball game. It was pretty big, but it had a strap. I can still wear it now. Funny thing is, that it's still a bit big for me. I lived on the streets, in the forest, or anywhere else. Nobody noticed I guess. They saw me, stared, and walked away. I can't help but laugh at the disgusted expression in their faces. I learned how to hunt, make my own weapons. Once in a while, I find a few clothes to wear. Otherwise, I make my own shirts. I make my own pants. They may not be fancy, but they're ok. My mom taught me well. I made friends with some of the animals. It may have been cold in the winter, but I made it through.


A few times, I was walking the streets and saw a "lost" poster. Ha. They're looking for me. They don't really care. They just wanted to give me to the orphanage or a foster family so people would stop talking about "the lost girl". I can take all of the hardships life will throw at me. I kept like this until I was about eight. After that, something happened. Something I thought would change my life for the good of it.