Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Through The Rain ❯ Here I Am ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6:Here I am



January 11, 2005



Here I am. I'm sitting on a rock at the beach. No one is around for some reason, though. As I write, I can feel my family watching over me. I can feel my spirit falling... Wherever my parents are, wherever Malkior is, I hope they're proud that I've been able to go so far in my life. I hear the boys approach--------




End diary entry




Normal story mode



"We finally finished our mission, Urameshi."Kuwabara wiped his forehead.



"Yeah, that's good...what do you have there, Hiei?"Yusuke looked over to Hiei.



"She...dropped a book."Hiei handed the book to Kurama.



"It's a diary..."Kurama turned to the first page.



"I would expect you to say 'this is an invasion of privacy' or something."Kuwabara said.



"Now that she is in our past, it wouldn't hurt to learn more about her."Kurama said.



"True..."The gang read the first two entries (January 10, 2005 & May 5 1997) of Shuillin's diary.



Hiei's eyes disappeared under his bangs and he walked away from the group. Kurama stared at Hiei and continued reading. Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama continued reading until the next two entries(2000-2001). Kurama felt dirty and dropped the book.



"What's the matter, Kurama?"Yusuke picked up Shuillin's diary.



"I never felt so low in my life, Yusuke. now that I have read through her thoughts, I can see that we've done the wrong thing... What have we done..."Kurama looked down.



"Maybe there's a turning point. Just read until the end with us, and then we'll judge."Kuwabara suggested. Kurama nodded and continued reading.



"FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I FELT WANTED! DO YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL NOW? BETRAYED, ABANDONED, USED, AND ANGRY!"



"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, I'M A PERSON! WHY ARE YOU TREATING ME LIKE A MONSTER?!"



Shuillin's words in the alley struck Kurama's mind. Koenma DID lead them to believing Shuillin was a monster. All she had in life was herself. She lost her family, and the Urameshi Team had the nerves to hunt her...



"I'm really hating myself now, are you?"Kurama turned to Yusuke and Kuwabara. They nodded.



"To believe and have those hopes and dreams shattered..."



Kurama finally understood everything Shuillin had said. She experienced more than anyone else can imagine...until they could see it from her eyes. She had the chance to finish off Hiei, but Shuillin didn't follow through with it. She gave him a chance.



"We never even found out why we were after her."Yusuke said.



"I know..."Kuwabara stared at the door. He sensed Hiei coming. The door opened and Hiei entered.



"She was just sitting there in the jail cell. She's just staring at the wall. I've never seen her eyes so blank."Hiei said.



"Do you know why she was sent there?"Kurama asked.



"I bet Shuillin knows, but she wouldn't talk to me."Keiyosei came into the room.



"We did treat her badly."Kurama said.



"It was our job."Yusuke said. Suddenly, the door creaked open...