Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama meets the God of Death ❯ More Information, Please! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings and Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, or the hotties portrayed therein. *Sigh*
 
Shounen ai (1x2, 3x4, KxH), language, attitude, ouchiness, fluffiness, hot thieves, AU, OOCness…
 
Kurama Meets the God of Death 4
 
In Kurama's World/In his time…
 
“ARGH!!!! I don't know! Would you stop asking me! How the Hell do you expect ME to figure it out?” Koenma screamed, tired of Hiei's pestering.
 
“You're the ruler of Spirit World. Figure it out. You must know something about what I'm talking about. I can still feel Kurama's ki. He isn't dead. He's somewhere surrounded by a lot of metal, but he isn't on human world. He isn't in any of the other worlds either, but I know he's still here somewhere. NOW TELL ME!!!!!!” Hiei roared, placing the tip of his sword none-too-gently against Koenma's neck.
 
King Enma's son swallowed as gently as he could, trying to avoid getting his neck sliced open. He wasn't used to getting death threats from his spirit detectives, but this was a week of surprises.
 
“I … heard something recently that might be of interest to you,” he said quietly. “It involves a demon who can see the future and another who can force others to travel through time. It seems that they're best buddies and have been trying to get rid of threats to themselves on human world. I think Kurama may have been just such a threat.”
 
Hiei was so surprised at both the information and how quickly he got it that he dropped the point of his sword, allowing Koenma to sit more comfortably in his chair.
 
“Time travel…” Hiei breathed, amazed.
 
“Yes. And I also found out from the same source, the third demon in this little conspiracy, when and where Kurama was sent to. But …”
 
“But what?” Hiei asked menacingly, his sword raised again, ready to strike.
 
“From what I've heard ...” Koenma started again, looking upset.
 
“… what? Please… just tell me!” Hiei pleaded.
 
*sigh* “He was sent to a space colony where they house dangerous criminals. But it's not just any prison. No one has ever escaped. When they report that someone `escaped', what they really mean is that they died or where killed. In addition, at this time, there is no more Earth; there are just hundreds of space colonies. They are all opposed to each other and are constantly at war. Even if he somehow managed to escape, he would have nowhere to go and no way to get there. There's no one to help him. He's all alone and we can't reach him. Just give up and realize …”
 
“You had me worried for a minute.” Hiei said calmly, sheathing his sword.
 
“But …” Koenma started.
 
“Have you forgotten who we're talking about? This is Youko Kurama - the notorious thief! He'll escape all right. And I'll be there soon to bring him back to our world.” Hiei stretched and yawned. “But first, tell me where those bastards are - me, Yusuke, and Kuwabara are going to go `convince' them to send us to where Kurama is.”
 
Where the bakas are …
 
Heero somehow managed to maneuver around the two unconscious bodies in his cockpit well enough to get them back to base. As soon as he touched down, he opened the hatch and was about to try to figure out how to get the other two down without aggravating their injuries when he heard Quatre yelling up to him.
 
“Trowa's bringing the crane around. We padded it with pillows and blankets and it should be big enough to fit both of them. Here it comes!”
 
Heero, who had gotten used to Quatre's little flashes of “insight,” just nodded. When the `bucket' of the crane reached him, he gently picked each of the boys up and placed them on the soft bed within. First, he cradled Duo closely and carefully arranged his limbs so that they wouldn't hang outside of the cage-like enclosure. Then he picked up the strange redhead who had accompanied Duo and had apparently saved his life. He wished he had thought to ask the boy his name.
 
When both boys were in the device, he motioned to Trowa, who nodded and slowly lowered the crane, carefully avoiding anything that could possibly jar or bump it. It wasn't an easy task, considering how packed the mobile suit bay was. When it was finally on the ground and Quatre was starting to open the door to get the boys out, Heero grabbed the drop cable and jumped to the ground, landing gently. He immediately let go of the cable and started walking toward Quatre.
 
When he got there, Quatre told him that Wufei had gone to pick up the remains of Deathscythe and would be back shortly. Heero nodded and bent to gather Duo into his arms. Quatre stepped back and let him, smiling when he realized what he should have realized before. Heero loved Duo.
 
Heero's face was transformed when he looked down at the braided boy. He wasn't a soldier; he wasn't a killer. He was just a boy who had someone to protect, someone that he cared about more than anyone or anything else. Quatre sighed in contentment.
 
Trowa spoke quietly from directly behind him, startling the poor boy. “Ack! What was that?”
 
Trowa smiled slightly. “I asked if it would be OK if I brought the redhead to the spare bedroom.”
 
Quatre nodded and stepped back, letting the taller and stronger boy lift the stranger. He was about to follow when he heard the roar of Wufei's Gundam returning.
 
“I'll help Wufei bring in Deathscythe. Uh … what's left of it, anyway.” He didn't look forward to telling Duo the condition his `buddy' was in.
 
Later …
 
Heero was in Duo's room, sitting in a chair next to Duo's bed. He was asleep, but only lightly - at the slightest movement from Duo's direction, he would be awake and ready.
 
The other gundam pilots were in the guest bedroom, wondering about the redheaded stranger.
 
“I don't think he's dangerous; Heero wouldn't have brought him here if he was. In addition, he mentioned something about owing him. I don't think we need to watch him for security reasons, but he is rather ill. I don't know why - his injuries aren't very bad, considering. But he just seems weak. Like he … I don't know. Like he's really tired. I think he really just needs rest.” Quatre didn't know what else to say, so he leaned back and looked at the others.
 
Trowa nodded. “I agree. We probably need someone to watch him and make sure he doesn't get any worse. I don't think he will, but someone should be here just in case.”
 
“Yes. And it would be rather uncomfortable to wake up in a strange place without anyone there to inform you as to how you arrived. One of us should stay here at all times. But Heero will be staying by Maxwell's side until he wakes up. That leaves one of us to stay here and one of us to stay on watch for enemies. The third should get some sleep. We'll rotate shifts between the three of us until Duo wakes up. Then we'll speak with Heero and decide what needs to be done.”
 
Quatre and Trowa nodded when Wufei finished speaking. It was agreed that Quatre would sleep, while Trowa would watch the redhead and Wufei would patrol.
 
A few hours later, the red head and Duo woke up within minutes of each other…
 
TBC …
 
Author's Note: Please review! I love you guys and sorry for taking so long to update! Law school is a *&^%^&$^#*&&_(^&$*)&&!!!!!!!!!!! *Ahem* But I did pretty well my first semester, so I can't complain tooooo much.
 
I guess one of the things I'll have to do in the next chapter is explain how Hiei was still able to sense Kurama when they are in different times and places. I also need to explain what happened to Deathscythe, introduce Kurama to the other characters (Duo's the only one who knows his name), and get Hiei on his way to rescue our favorite redhead! Oh yeah … and maybe I should have a dramatic scene where they explain why the Earth no longer exists …