Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mental ❯ A Life For A Life ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8
A Life For A Life
 
 
“Huh? What's going on?”
“30 seconds!”
“What?” Quatre almost yelled into the phone. But the only response he got was a beeping noise. Quatre hung up the phone and raced down the hallway, towards the exit.
“Hey! Where are you going?!” shouted Kurama behind him. Quatre turned. Kurama stared at him from the doorway to room 123 with big, worried eyes.
20 seconds…
Quatre looked at the exit, then back at Kurama. With that he yelled.
“Kurama! Come on!” Kurama didn't move, not knowing what to do. “Kurama!” Quatre tried again. “Just trust me!” Kurama still would not move.
15 seconds…
Quatre tried one last time.
“Please…” With that Kurama raced towards the blonde and the two hurried out the door and outside just as the building exploded. But just because they were outside, didn't at all mean they were safe, stone, wood, and metal chunks of things flew everywhere. One particularly heavy piece hit Quatre on the back and sent him sprawling across the dirt floor, trapped under piles of debris. Kurama halted and stared at his friend, he was about to run back and help him when the familiar female voice of Isabella filled his head.
“That's not the end of the attacks, don't!” Kurama, for once, ignored her and ran over to Quatre. He struggled to life the metal plates and stone blocks off his friend. No sooner were the two standing than a second bomb hit, fire flew everywhere, they narrowly escaped. They didn't stop running until they reached a forest, nearly a mile away from the explosion. They stood panting in the center of the woods.
“What *pant* was that?” asked Quatre.
“How should I *pant* I know? I all *pant* heard was, `Come on Kurama! Come on!'!” Another beeping sound went off, now it was Quatre's hand-held with a new voice-message.
“Hey, Quatre? Are you okay?” it was Duo's voice. Quatre replied.
“Don't worry, I'm fine.” Duo sent another message.
“Your some lucky man, buddy. If that blast was nearly as big as we predicted you would have never survived. Come back to the hideout as soon as you can.”
“Okay.” With that Quatre slipped his hand-held back into his pocket. Then he remembered the one big problem. He glanced over at the redhead. Crap.