Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Hot Gimmick Fan Fiction ❯ Heat and Snow:: or Forbidden Love ❯ too late ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AG310: here's the next chappie!! Darn 'you' fic rule!! Took my Dream fic off. There's a snitch among us I don't like it.
 
 
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own YYH…or any other anime character.
--
Boton idly walked down the street. Her heart was not here anymore. She was alone, forever. Cursed with a duty to fulfill until her last breath. Curse Koenma, she thought angrily. So what if she wanted to quit. It was her life, well not really she's dead as far as she was concerned, but she still had emotions and feelings like every other normal person.
 
She huffed. As soon she met with Koenma that hurtful day after that mission she hadn't been the same. She wasn't cheerful, chirpy, or even wanted to go shopping with her girlfriends. She just loathed in her own self-pity. She would often go to the park and watch couples together walk pass and she would even feel worse. Wasn't there someone out there for her? Someone who could just love her for…her?
 
"Akane!!" Boton turned her head and looked cross the road to see a girl surrounded by three schoolboys. A girl with light brown hair and brown eyes ran up to her. "Akane, what's the matter? Are you feeling sick?!"
 
Boton looked over, shifting the bag of groceries in her arms. Glancing up and down the road she hurried over across the road. "Hatsumi? Is everything alright?" The light brown haired girl looked up into Boton's pink orbs.
 
"Boton?" Akane said weakly hugging her sister. "Hatsumi…I-I"
 
"Um… want me to call an ambulance?" asked one of the boys.
 
"Huh?!" Hatsumi's eyes grew wide.
 
"No!" Akane said quickly. Boton looked at the shaken girl. 'She's as white as a sheet,' thought Boton placing the groceries down. "No…no ambulance." She leaned in closer to Hatsumi's ear so only she and Boton could hear. "Guys," she whispered. "My period's over a week late." Her gripped tightened on her sister's uniform. "Darnit! I think I might be preggo…"
 
 
--
 
The group had retreated to Boton's apartment. Hatsumi leaned on the edge of the bed in which Akane laid. Boton sat in the swirvy chair at her computer desk, a hand underneath her chin on the armrest.
 
Pregnant? Who would have thought? Well she was a total babe, considered the number-one hottie in the whole complex and was super popular with the boys. "P-p-p-preggo!? Are you serious?" questioned Hatsumi. "You're only in junior high!"
 
Akane flushed a little pulling the green covers up to her mouth. "Hey, pipe down! You want the whole complex to hear!!" She sighed. "Look, sometimes I do it without protection, you know?"
 
Boton's mouth dropped open and leaned in closer. "Do…do it?" she tapped her index fingers together.
 
Hatsumi looked at her sister blushing slightly. "You mean, like…"
 
Akane grinned mischievously. "Oh…yeah. I forgot. You're both virgins." Both girls were taken back. "I mean, gotta be. Neither of you never had a boyfriend after all, not even one!"
 
"Hey!" they both said in unison. "We're not talking about us right now," said Hatsumi looking at Boton. "Okay?"
 
Gaining her composure Boton shook her head. "Look who's the…you know?" Boton waved a hand in the air trying to find how to say this right. "Is it that kid who was there, Suzuki-kun? The one you're seeing?" Boton bit her lower lip anxiously.
 
Akane stared at the sky blue ceiling thoughtfully. "Hmmm…I don't think so." Both girl's mouths hung open as their eyes grew big. "It might be this guy from Higashi high school, Yamamoto-kun--No, wait…hang on--when did I?" Boton and Hatsumi did an anime drop. 'There's more?!' they thought in unison. "Maybe it's…hmmm."
 
Hatsumi huffed trying to sit back up. "You…I just can't believe you…!" she said outraged.
 
"I'll try to remember who else there was, okay?" said Akane as if it didn't matter. "But first, can you go to the drugstore Boton and get me a pregnancy test?" All of Boton's color drained from her making her seem like a rough sketched drawing.
 
"A-are you insane?!" exclaimed Hatsumi.
 
"I might just be late--maybe it'll come out negative."
 
"No…No way!!" Boton said standing up and heading towards the door. "That's just too embarrassing. Get your mother…"
 
"NO!!" said Akane sitting up in bed. "And what's so embarrassing Boton? Your, like, twenty-four years old it would be a natural thing for someone your age to get one." Boton's eye ticked. 'My age?'
 
"Sorry, no way. What if somebody saw me?" If one of the gang saw her with one of those and Koenma found out…
 
She gulped. Akane clasped her hands together and walked over to Boton "Well, what if someone saw me? I'm still in junior high, remember? Come on please." Akane moved closer to Boton giving her best puppy-eyed look. "You are the only one I can count on!"
 
Boton sighed. "What about your sister, Hatsumi?"
 
"She has to make sure it's clear for me to leave your apartment and go to ours. Pleasepleasepleaseplease!!!"
 
--
 
Boton couldn't believe what she was doing. She walked down the drugstore aisle trying to find it. "Why can't I say no to her?" Akane and Hatsumi were close friends of hers since two years ago when Koenma allowed her to move to the human world.
 
Skimming the aisles she found what she was looking for and smiled triumphantly. But then a thought struck. What if Akane really was pregnant? What would she do? What would her mother do when she found out? Would she be kicked out and if so where would she live?
 
"What are you doing onna?" came an oh too familiar voice. Boton froze as she reached for the pregnancy test. Her heart raced what should she do?
 
"H-h-hi Hiei," she chuckled nervously as she retracted her hand and stretched for the box next to the tests. "H-how are you doing?" She tried to smile but it would just be fake like all the others she gave the world. She saw it with new eyes now. New eyes she wished she never had.
 
The fire demon raised an eyebrow looking at the box which the ferry girl held.
 
"What?" Boton looked into her hand and screamed. "Oh Gawd!!" she hurriedly shoved it back on the shelf causing other things to fall to the ground. She picked up a box of condoms!!
 
The toddler was right, thought Hiei as he saw the bubble head scramble around picking up the items. She had lost it.
 
'Oh Kami,' thought Boton miserably. 'Condoms! Hiei saw me pick up condoms!' she wished she could have just disappeared right now for she was gathering a crowd.
 
Hiei sighed. If people could have died from stupidity, the onna would have. He bent down and started to help Boton to pick up the fallen items. "Baka onna." How crazy could the onna be? Pretty crazy if she needed these things.
 
Boton glared at him but Hiei paid no attention. The crowd grew tired and continued with their shopping. The last thing to be picked up…a condom! 'Why me?' Boton looked disgusted as Hiei handed her the box. "Uh, t-their not mi-"
 
"I don't care what you do with them onna," he said coldly narrowing your eyes. "I don't even want to know neither do I care if he forced himself on you." Boton's mouth was fixed shut. What could she say to him? That it was only a mistake? That she was really going for the pregnancy test for a friend? No. She swore to secrecy and she would keep it that way.
 
Boton looked him dead in the eye. Hiei again didn't falter but that little glow that she once had before the incident was now gone. She didn't have that cheerful smile or that chirpy voice. It was low as if she had been heartbroken or her dreams been smashed to bits. It was like looking into a mirror. The complete opposite of what you saw in yourself and Boton…the real Boton had been switched with this mirror Boton.
 
"Nobody forced themselves on me Hiei. I-"
 
"Went along with it," Hiei filled in. "Like I said, you could have been fooling around with every ningen in this Kami forsaken world and I wouldn't give a damn." And with that Hiei walked out the aisle and out the store.
 
He didn't care. What she did with her life was of no concern of his even if Koenma assigned him guard duty. Although what he said was out of line he couldn't care less if she got ran over by a car. Just one less baka to look after. And yet as he said those things he felt an unusual emotion. Like a conscience of some sort. Pah…him, a conscience? That's like saying Kuwabara is smart.
 
Boton, without thinking, ran out of the store and searched frantically for the little demon. She turned left allowing her white blouse to blow loosely showing the crest between her breasts and sprinted down the sidewalk. 'Sorry Akane,' she thought. 'But if Hiei tells anyone what he just saw I'll never be able to show my face again.'
 
Unaware to her a pair of ears and eyes witnessed the entire event with a smirk on his face. "Delicious."
 
--
 
"Aw, man," said Yusuke rubbing his face as he walked down the sidewalk. "Keiko's gonna kill me." He, in his usually punk blue jumpsuit, had just finished taking another exam to his much disapproval. What was the point of taking these exams if it only left him with a headache the size of Jupiter? Tests are pointless as with some other little things life adds to make it seem worth wild.
 
Kuwabara ran up next to him peering over his shoulder. "Another 'F' Urameshi. Remember what Keiko said before." Yusuke shivered.
 
"If you get one more 'F' Yusuke we are finished!!" shouted Keiko exiting his room with books in hand.
 
"But Keiko," whined Yusuke. "Listen, I-"
 
"No you listen!" Keiko turned to face him as she placed a hand on the doorknob to the apartment. "I'm tired of this Yusuke." She waved her arm. "All of it. Why can't you just try to get a good grade? Is that so hard to ask for?" Keiko looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry Yusuke."
 
Yusuke balled up the piece of paper angrily and threw it in a nearby trashcan. He sighed slouching into the park bench, legs extended outwards and hands behind his head looking up into the sky. "Man, Kuwabara. I really think Keiko means it this time." He rubbed his face with both hands. "What the hell am I going to do?"
 
Kuwabara took out an apple from his green jumpsuit pocket. "Dunno." He took a bite of the apple. "Masbe sho neds 'ome time (maybe she needs some time)," he said chewing his food. Yusuke eye twitched as he felt something wet hit him several times. Placing his hands down he looked at the soon-to-be-dead moron next to him eating away happily.
 
He needed the news not the weather report. Yusuke grabbed Kuwabara's lunch tin and tossed it into a fountain. "Hey! My mommy made that!" he whined rushing over to the fountain. He must have been really mad to just ask Kuwabara on girl advice. He could barely speak straight when Yukina's around.
 
Yusuke shrugged getting up. "Oops. Sometimes my body just acts on its on. Let's go and quit your whining!"
 
Kuwabara continued to ramble about how great his Yukina was. His beloved ice maiden. Puke and gag. Someone rescue this poor boy before he dies from his stupidity.
 
Yusuke suddenly stopped causing the oaf to trip onto his face. He tilted his head as he saw a blue dot race across the park. "Hey, it's Boton! Wonder what she's doing way out here on the other side of town."
 
Kuwabara sat up and spat some grass out of his mouth. "Isn't Shorty suppose to be with her?" he questioned. "Koenma did assign him to protect her." Yusuke didn't answer but followed the ferry girl into the woody forest of the park.
 
--
 
Boton ran like she never ran before. Even if she didn't care what Hiei thought of her she still couldn't take the chance that he wouldn't tell anyone about the pregnancy test or… condoms.
 
The wind whipped around her as she skidded round the corner into the park. She stopped leaning forward hands on knees catching her breath. Looking up she saw the familiar gravity defying hairstyle going into the forest. Once again she broke out into a sprint following the blasted demon.
 
--
 
Hiei leapt into a large red oak tree, the breeze gently blowing resting his head on the truck he heard a panting sound coming from below. "Don't you have someone to please right now, onna." A statement…not a question.
 
"H-hiei," Boton gasped. Man, she needed to work out more. "H-hiei. Get down here now."
 
Hiei raised an eyebrow but didn't look down. "Go let someone play with you onna."
 
"Now," she growled. Yes, growled. Hiei looked down to see fiery eyes meeting his. Not those of the onna that he had somehow grown to respect in their many missions and battles but those of a murderer. Those that he once held.
 
"Make me," he dared. He expected her to scream and appear next to him, beating him with her oar. He expected her to run off eyes full of blasted tears and complain to Koenma having him sent to jail and rot for all eternity. But what he didn't expect was that the ferry girl only scoffed and sat right underneath him.
 
She didn't move from that spot. "It was horrible," she said in a distant tone. "All the death and bloodshed." She looked at her trembling hands. "How could Koenma not know about the blasted place?!" Boton didn't know what possessed her but she talked…and talked…and talked. Nothing important. She just needed someone to speak to about anything and maybe everything.
 
It was like a huge burden was being lifted off of her chest. She had cried herself to sleep for the past week and it was getting to her. She felt tired, worn out. Like butter being smoothed over too much bread. Even in her young human body she felt old. She constantly felt tired and has been canceling recent engagements with Keiko and other friends.
 
Hiei just sat there looking at Boton as if as she spoke a little more of her was leaving this world. So this is what she felt…how she felt. Koenma was right once again. Something was happening to Boton and she needed to be watched very carefully. "Onna, you need rest."
 
Boton was nothing less than startled at his comment of concern. Then she narrowed her eyes standing up. "Why?" she lowered her head as her hair covered her angered expression. Her mask to fool the everyday world was slowly slipping. "Why? So some man can break into my house and fuck me?!" She sprinted off.
 
--
 
Yusuke walked back to the bench in a complete daze. "Boton…she just…she just-"
 
"Said the 'f' word, man," said Kuwabara. He ran a hand through his orange blob called hair. "This is bogus man. We need more information."
 
"Yeah. And I doubt toddler will give us anything else to go on." Yusuke sighed. His friend was in trouble and he couldn't help her. He felt like a piece of used gum. As soon as the flavor went out it was thrown away in the nearest trash heap.
 
"Maybe we should- Oh god, Urameshi!!! It's Keiko!!!" screamed Kuwabara hiding behind the bench. Yusuke looked up to see an angry girl marching towards him holding a blue 'penguin'. He looked down at his watch: six thirty.
 
"Aw, damn."
 
"YUSUKE!!!!!!!!!! " screamed Keiko as she stood in front of him gripping the creature in her arms. "You failed another test!!!! This is the last straw!!! No more Yusuke! And you have the decency to miss our date?!!! "
 
The blue creature tried to squirm free from the death grip. "PUU!!"
 
Yusuke flinched at the harsh tone Keiko was given him. He had never seen her so angry before. Maybe, just maybe he took her loyalty for granted. "Look Keiko I'm sorr-"
 
Before he could finish, Keiko had raised her hand and sent a fierce slap across Yusuke's face. "Ouch…that gotta hurt," whispered Kuwabara.
 
"No, Yusuke!! I'm sorry," she whispered fiercely, handing Puu over to the stun boy with eyes full of tears. "I'm sorry that I believed that you have changed." Keiko turned around and hurriedly left the park with eyes blinded by tears.
 
--
 
Hiei's eyes were so big you could have sworn they were swelling. Did she just…? Hiei jumped to the ground and stared at the spot where Boton sat. Did what she see really change her that much? Was she now in the world of the girl's at the camp? Did she carry the burden of all the pain that camp held within her?
 
Something was up and he didn't like it. Something at that camp was desperately wrong but if goes to cheak it out Boton would get into trouble.
 
Only one thing to do and Hiei shuddered at the thought. The only way to keep Boton from trouble was to…move in with her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
-
AG310: there I have finished another chappie (which I think totally sucks!) and I hope you all are happy. First crossover Hot Gimmick. The next chappie I am not to sure about. If you got any suggestions email me, 'k? ^o^ Oh yeah, for those who were reading Dreams, I won't be putting it up again. I'll be using some of the chapters though for this fic. When I do I'll tell you about it. 25 reviews before next chappie please and no repeat from previous reviewers.