Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Come Clean ❯ Drive ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer- Don't own Phoxy, Hiei, Inuyasha, or the song. I do own Sheamaru…considering I made her and she's me…
 
Got this CD…and I love this song…listening to it right now. Must write song-fic. This might be a bit confusing but basically this is a bit different from my last fics. The names next to the paragraphs signal a narrator talking. It'll change. You have to imagine the scene described with the narrator talking. Confusing I know, it should make sense. Make up the voices for Phox and Sheamaru…just don't be stupid. .__. The people ARE NOT talking unless I type it like dialogue is typed it's NARRATION. If a paragraph is typed without a name next to it, that's a scene. Lyrics should be obvious. V.v
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
~~Sometimes, I feel the fear of
uncertainty stinging clear.~~
 
[Sheamaru] How long have we been here?
 
[Phoxy] In this castle?
 
[Hiei] Why don't we leave?
 
[Inuyasha] Are we trapped?
 
~~And I can't help but ask
myself how much I'll let the
fear take the wheel
and steer.~~
 
They'd been there for days, weeks, months, ages. An amount of time that made eternity seem meager and fading. Out of all the people that came as time passed they were the originals. How'd they get there? A night of drinking and morning of hangovers. They had no where to go, why not stay there? Leaving became a stray thought, it was home now. Something most of them seemed to lack for ages before they'd met. This home was different though, than anything else. And as the bad things came, they fought them off, coming closer as a group…as friends…and even as lovers. Relationships matured, techniques grew…and things got harder.
 
[Sheamaru] Should it be this hard?
 
[Hiei] Was life ever easy?
 
She was home waiting, he was upstairs, destroying objects. His anger seeming to have no limit lately. She worried, he glared. Did things start out this way? No, it was easier. It just got harder lately. Could they make it? Hadn't they already? Things never got easier, but they got harder. Had they matured with it? Or were they left in the dust?
~~It's driven me before, and it seems to
have a vague, haunting mass appeal.~~
 
 
Her red eyes stared out the window into the winter's cold gray skies. His soon followed, but out a different window levels above her own. Things fell apart and were put back together. Could they put this back together? Could they put each other back together? Or where there too many pieces to be fixed…
 
~~But lately I am beginning to find that
I should be the one behind the wheel~~
 
They'd done it before, a million times over, and they'd do it again. There were never too many pieces. The puzzle always had a solution. Just find the time…find the heart…and it all would come back together. It always had, and for each other, it always would.
 
~~Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
with open arms and open eyes.
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
I'll be there.~~
 
Always would.
 
~~So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of
the hive.
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own
and drive?~~
 
[Phoxy] Should we be so suffocated?
 
[Inuyasha] Were we ever able to breathe clean?
 
He sat in the tree outside their window with his head down and his ears swaying loosely in the breeze. The silver hair rustled and his nose twitched as he strayed to thoughts long since buried. Things had been getting harder lately. Could they handle it? Had they ever been able to?
 
~~It's driven me before and it seems to be the way
that everyone else gets
around~~
 
She walked out of the bathroom, running a hand through her hair. Glancing teal-silver eyes towards the window when she saw the glint of stunning silver. What was he thinking? Did she really want to know? They hadn't been really talking much. It was like he was keeping something from her. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe he just didn't know what he was keeping. Were they suffocating? Was he changing? Or was he just as lost as she was staring to feel…
 
~~But lately I'm beginning to find that
when I drive myself
my light is found~~
 
 
No. She'd changed him back before, a million times over, and she'd do it again. She wouldn't let him dwell on things that couldn't be changed. She wouldn't let him get lost in his own thoughts. They weren't going to drown. Together they'd fix it all, breathe air back into each other. They'd done it before, and they'd do it again. Always, as many times as it took. Until the day they died they belonged to each other. They would not drown.
 
~~Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
with open arms and open eyes
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there~~
 
[Sheamaru] What about tomorrow?
 
[Hiei] I'll be there.
 
He walked into the room and she turned around, her teal hair lashing out in a play of the winter's gray light. For a moment they just looked at each other, holding each other's gaze in a way that made everything seem clear. Crossing at the same time, they met in the middle. Arms reaching out for one another, seeking for something that always had been there. And always would.
 
He held her close and buried his nose in her hair, taking in her scent. For a moment, everything seemed right, clean, and fixed. There were no pieces to gather, no puzzle to solve. The mystery was solved, things would be normal. They could be each other again, but be together the same.
 
Things around them could change, but they'd always be together.
 
~~Would you choose water over wine…...
hold the wheel
and drive?~~
 
[Phoxy] What about the day after?
 
[Inuyasha] I'll be there.
 
She leapt out the window and looked up at him, he didn't seem to notice she was there. She smiled at his obliviousness and closed her eyes, putting her hands on her hips.
 
“Sit.”
 
One word and he was down for the count. With a grunt and yelp his face connected with the ground and the snow jumped out from under him as if avoiding the blow for it's own safety. He looked up at her, not able to fully get up yet, with a shocked and angry expression. She knelt next to him, her smile soft, yet a grin of trying not to laugh. His expression changed to a smile…a grin. And together they laughed.
 
If only for a second, everything seemed right. There was no where to be lost and there were no thoughts to think. Only each other, a relationship no one else but them could understand. It was their own world, and they were the only ones in it. No changes, no differences, it was like things were meant to be and should be. Never a change to correct, just laughter.
 
Things around them could change, but they wouldn't.
 
~~Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there,
with open arms and open eyes.~~
 
[Phoxy] What if we're suffocating?
 
[Sheamaru] What if it gets harder?
 
[Inuyasha] What if we get lost?
 
[Hiei] What if we can't find all the pieces?
 
~~Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there. Yeh.~~
 
[All] I'll be there.