Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Come Clean ❯ Make Yourself ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer- Nuuu, I don't own Hiei. But I DO own…THIS PLUSHIE! *holds up plushie*
 
^___^ *huggles plushie* Enjoy. This is AU by the way. Well…AU…ish. I'm thinking about re-writing this one later with a completely different setting. Oh mee, it's Hiei in concert. o___o;;
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
This wasn't any different then any other night. It was his second time this week coming to this club. No mission, no pay. It was for his own enjoyment. And astoundingly he found he enjoyed this very much. If anyone else thought about him, Hiei Jaganshi, at a night club it would make them drop dead. And singing? They'd come back just to die again. No, this was the last place you could expect to find Hiei, which was exactly why he came here.
 
Black Collar, a club for demons in the middle of a human city. Not the lumbering low class demons with no minds, no, this was a place for the smart upper class demons. Demons with brains and human forms that were capable of speech. Which was exactly what Hiei was. In fact, he was quite smart, but that's beside our point. The club always had a crowd and played loud music. Anyone could go on to sing, it was free and your friends got to laugh at you.
 
None of Hiei's `friends' would willingly walk into a place like this.
 
Tonight he'd come in a rare good mood. And a pair of tight black jeans and a black shirt, tucked in but loose around the waistline of the jeans, and a black denim vest. He also wore a pair of black boots with three buckles that snapped over to keep them on and laced up, not to mention the black fingerless glove on his right hand. Tonight he felt reasonably good and had a look that made girls around the club move right over. The pants barely had enough room for him and he had demons of every age and appearance trying to squeeze themselves in them with him. The thought normally would have made him sick, some demons could lower themselves so hideously low. But not tonight, no, tonight he was in a good mood.
 
And…if nothing else…the slightest bit drunk.
 
He pushed himself forward and jumped up onto the stage as he was called forward. The announcer, who was a male demon with slightly fish looking ears, blue hair and green eyes, tossed him the microphone as the music started up behind him.
 
All eyes turned to the stage to watch the next `fool' make an idiot of himself up in front of everyone. Hiei made sure the microphone was on as the music played behind him, holding it loosely in his gloved hand. He tucked his other hand in his pocket as he raised the microphone up to his lips.
 
“If I hadn't made me, I woulda been made somehow,” Hiei started, his voice low. The song started off simple and got louder and more interesting as it went, “If I hadn't assembled myself, I'd have fallen apart by now.”
 
He smirked as he started thinking about why he choose this song. No one in this club would know why, not the girls gawking at the front, or the guys nodding in approval in back. No one here would understand how true this song was for him, how much it related and expressed himself. But he wouldn't want them to know anyway; his past was his, not theirs.
 
“If I hadn't made me, I'd be more inclined to bow,” Hiei sang as the song became a bit more lively. He moved his hand from his pocket and hooked his thumb in it instead as his weight shifted between feet, “Powers that be would have swallowed me up. But that's more than I can allow.”
 
He closed his eyes for a minute and angled the microphone up as he said the next words, it was that type of pose people often took when singing just long drug out notes, “Byyeeee-byeee!”
 
He started walking forward, opening his eyes again, his step more a glide then anything, he moved with a slight sway, his hand still in his pockets as he walked forward, the demon's in front already reaching out like he was some famous star, “If you let `em make you, they'll make you papier mache. At a distance you're strong until the wind comes then you crumble and blow away.”
 
He paused in his step forward, but was still close enough that the girls, should they reach far enough, could touch the edges of his boots. He closed his eyes and turned sharply to walk back across stage, when he was back in his starting point he turned halfly to face the crowds, angling the microphone again and his other hand moved from his pocket, “If you let `em fuck you, there will be no foreplay.”
 
He turned around to point at the crowd, not just one person but all of them, as if he was talking to them, a slightly angry look in his eyes. But it was all show, it was like he was trying to tell them something like a preacher to a bunch of none believes, “Rest assured, they'll screw you complete `till your ass is blue and gray.”
 
The meaning to this song was more than any of them could understand, it was about life. About making yourself the only way you could, being on your own and doing it yourself. Not having anyone there to help or raise you, it was about being alone and having to deal with that. Building yourself up from the dust and making a person of who you are. To them it was just a song, words put together, lyrics that some human had written and thrown together with a melody. But Hiei understood and got something out of it that he was sure they didn't.
 
“You should make amends with you,” he said and turned around so his back was to them, “If only for better health. Better health.”
He turned around again and started walking briskly towards the front of the stage, smirking a bit, “But if you really want to live.” He looked like he was challenging them, all of them, testing them to be something better, “Why not try, and make yourself? Make yourself.”
 
He closed his eyes for a minute then opened them again to look at the crowds, everyone was watching him closely, to see what he could bring to this song, part of being a good singer was making the song your own, “If I hadn't made me, I'dve fallen apart by now. I won't let `em make me, it's more than I can allow.”
 
He turned around to walk back as he started walking, “So when I make me, I won't be paiper mache…and if I fuck me…”
 
He turned around sharply and held out his gloved hand while his other hand held the microphone to his lips, that perfect distance so it didn't squeal and his voice was clear. His eyes looked seductively narrow and he was smirking, just a smirk that had so much behind it. He seemed almost devious, “I'll fuck me in my own way.”
 
The crowd screamed at that, ate up that move like it was candy. The girls screamed and jumped up around the stage while the guys in back threw up one arm and continuously pumped it to show they were enjoying the show the demon on stage was putting on, “I'll fuck me in my own way. I'll fuck me in my own way. I'll fuck me in my own way. I'll fuck me in my own way!”
 
He was enjoying himself, and the lyrics of the song made him think of things that normally irritated him. But the truth was, he was thinking of how he did it on his own. How he'd built himself up without anyone and he was strong despite his past. He'd done it himself, and he'd keep doing it. He didn't need anyone. He could handle everything on his own. He'd built himself, found his own way, and he was fine. Sometimes he'd gotten angry at himself, his foolish mistakes, and thinking he shouldn't have been born. But he was born, and nothing was going to change that. Just like the song said…
 
He stepped walking forward again, his arm up above his head, eyes closed and head angled up towards the microphone, “You should make amends with you. If only for better health. Better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and make yourself?”
 
He had made himself. And he'd done a damn good job.
 
He started forward quickly again, being near the back of the stage, “Make yourself. Make yourself. Make yourself. Make yourself!”
 
He thrust his hand with the microphone up into the air as the entire stage and club plunged into darkness. What a finish.