Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ K&K: The Rescue Of Kagome ❯ The Escape... ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~To Peril's House We go~

Everyone is walking to Peril's house. Yusuke and Hiei are carrying an unconcious Inuyasha and Tiena and Sango keep fighting over who gets to hold Kai. They are trying to be very careful and very aware of their surroundings as they walk through the dark forest to Peril's house. The forest is very dark and the only light they have is the lantern that Neonna is carrying and the moon that you can barely see through the trees. "Sango knock it off! He's my brother!" Tiena said yellling at Sango for trying to snatch the baby out of Tiena's hands. "You held him long enough! Give someone else a chance!" Sango yelled back at her. "Uh... shouldn't we be quiet so that if that guy... Sesshomaru doesn't hear us if he just happens to be flying by?!" Tamahome said getting irratated by the two girls fighting over who gets to hold a baby. "They're ridiculous." Neonna said low enough for Tamahome to hear. Sango and Tiena ignored Tamahome and just kept on arguing. "I... dont... need... to... hear... this... now!" Hiei yelled even more irratated than Tamahome. "Im the one that has to carry this piece of wasted weight and listen to you to at the same time!?" Hiei yelled angrily. Sango and Tiena stopped and looked at him. "Dont you ever call my uncle a piece of wasted weight you gnome demon!!" Tiena yelled smacking Hiei right on his cheek. Hiei was dumb-founded with a red hand more inprinted on his left cheek. They all shut up and kept walking on.

~No Key~

Sesshomaru flew his way slowly back to the his daughter's cottage that he destroyed. He came in for his landing nearly crashing face first into the floor. He looked on the floor very closely not able to see much from the darkness of the night. "Where is it?!" He asked himself. He then retraced his steps remembering every move he made when he was battling everyone. He looked and looked and looked. He found nothing but rubble from the broken walls of the cottage in the grass. "Where is it?!" He asked himself again getting frustrated. The key was gone and Sesshomaru knew that maybe he hadnt lost it there but thought that could be the only reasonable place since that was the only place he had been moving enough for the key to slip out of his pocket. Sesshomaru was feeling nervous that maybe one of them could have found it. He then was feeling pain in his back so he decided to go back to the palace. He then flew off into the air looking down into the woods to see if he seen anyone of them going toward his palace. He seen no one.

~Searching~

Kurama and Kioto entered the palace. "Wow... Kurama this place is big! We may never find her!" Kioto said looking up and around at the hige room him and his brother had just entered. "Kioto think... where are dungeons?" Kurama asked him. Kioto was thinking for a second. "Under the palace!!" Kioto yelled. "Correct..." Kurama said. "Yeah but it'll take us forever to find the door that leads to the dungeons." Kioto said looking around at the 24 doors in the one huge room alone that he and Kurama stood in. Kurama opened his mouth to say someting when Kioto interupted him. "... lemme guess... start looking?" Kioto asked looking at his brother. Kurama walked over to one door and opened it. Kioto then began to open the doors looking for the entrance to the underground of the palace. After they had opened all the doors they had not found the correct one. "None of the doors lead downstairs!!" Kioto said angrily and exausted. "We just have to check another room Kioto." Kurama said calmly but felt very anxious. Kioto and Kurama walked to through the doors that lead out of the room. They stepped into an even bigger room with twice as many doors and a staircase. "Oh no!" Kioto yelled. Kurama stood there with a shocked face. Kioto's jaw then dropped. "This is important! We need to find that door and get to Kagome." Kurama said walking over to a door. Kioto then walked to the opposite side of the room from Kurama and opened a door. "Kioto I think I found it!!" Kurama said looking down the steep dark stairs.

~Arrival~

"Finally we're here!" Yusuke yelled in relief. "Ah... finally." Hiei said as they entered Peril's house. "Guys put Inuyasha in that room." Peril said walking up to a door and sliding the door open. In the room, there was a bed and a window and nothing else. It was the same room Hiei had once stayed in when Peril found him after he was shot with an arrow in the shoulder by Naraku. "This room looks familiar." Hiei said while Yusuke and him layed the still unconcious Inuyasha down on the bed. "Ooo... I just remembered something!" Hiei then said. "Huh?" Peril said. "You have sweet snow." He said as his eyes filled with passion. Peril rolled her eyes. "Check the freezer..." She said taking a deep breath. Tiena fell right onto the coach and fell asleep with baby Kai in her arms. Sango looked and seen her chance. Neonna and Tamahome were resting on the other coach in the room. Kai wasnt sleeping and his face was resting on Tiena's chest. His eye lids began to blink one time after another until... "Aww..." Sango said picking him out of Tiena's arms. "Uh... Sango he's trying to sleep." Neonna said. "No! He was just bored but now he has me and... wait... where's Shippo?" She asked looking around. "Huh? He was here a minute ago." Neonna said looking around also. "Who's Shippo again?" Tamahome asked. "Oh he's..." Neonna began her sentence when there was a knock at the door. "Hello?!" They heard behind the knocks of the door. Peril walked over to the door and opened it. There stood little Shippo. "Thanks for noticing me!" Shippo said walking in. "Ha... sa-sorry... Shippo." Sango said. "Well where were you?" Neonna asked. "I was walking with you guys and then all of a sudden I looked again and I was in a bush and it was so dark it took me 20 minutes to get out. Then I couldnt see yous anymore and couldn't find yous!" He replied. "Sorry." They all said. "Well if Kagome were here she surely wouldn't have forgotten about me!" He said as he sat down angrily.

~The Palace~

Sesshomaru was coming close to the palace when he seen the damage that was done. "What the?!" He said to himself. He then landed in front of it where the huge blast had accured. There he saw his dead guards. Sesshomaru then flew through the damaged wall and onto to the roof of his palace. He then went through a door that lead down and into the palace. A guard stood there unaware of what had happened in the front. "What's going on here?!?!" Sesshomaru demanded to know. "Wh-what are you talking about lord Sesshomaru?" The guard asked nervously realizing that Sesshomaru was fumad. "The whole front of my palace is blown to pieces!" He said walking away quickly. Sesshomaru was on his way to the downstairs... but he wont see Kurama and Kioto.

~The Staircase~

Kurama and Kioto stood at the doorway over looking the stairs. "You think it leads down there?" Kioto asked staring into the darkness. "Im not sure... but there's only one way to find out." Kurama said as he began to walk down the long staircase. Kioto then followed and shut the door behind him. They walked down the stairs and felt coldness. They could hear drips of water. "I cant see Kurama." Kioto said. "Me either." He replied. "Hold my hand and I'll guide down the stairs." He said grabbing Kioto's hand. Kurama was leading them down as he slowly put his foot down for each step. Then he suddenly missed one step. "WHOA!!!" Kioto yelled as the two tumbled down the stairs. Kurama's bag slipped off him and fell off the steps. It fell for a while before hitting a pool of water down below. Kurama hadnt noticed. They finally reached the bottom of the steps and Kioto fell right on top of his brother. "Ah!" They both said. Kioto then struggled to get. Him and Kurama finally did and could see a hallway with lights. "Look." Kurama said pointing to it. The two began to walk down the hall. At the end of the hall was all doors lined up. "Kagome!?!?!" Kioto yelled listening for answer. Kurama went to grab his bag and it wasnt there. "My bag is gone!" He said. "What where is it?" Kioto asked anxiously. "I must have dropped it on the way down the stairs." Kurama thought. "The key was in it!" He then said. "What?! Now how are we gona get her out?!" Kioto asked. "Wait it said "Dungeon 5" on it didnt it?" He asked. "Yeah I think so." Kioto said. "Kagome! Kagome!" Kioto said walking down the halls looking for a number on the doors. Kagome could hear only a little shout. She then seen through the little bared window on her door, a man walking by. "Inuyasha?!" She yelled out of it. Kioto heard her and ran to the door. Kurama then ran to the door too. "Kioto?" She asked. "Yeah! Kagome Kai is fine! We have him with Neonna!" Kioto yelled in. "He is?! How is he?!" She asked very happy but concerned about her child. "Hes fine! This is my brother! I found him!" Kioto said. "You did?! Good!" She said calling out. "Inuyasha's hurt! He may be dieing so we came!" Kioto said. "Hi Kagome Im Kurama!" Kurama yelled in. "We lost the key to the dungeon!" Kurama told her. "How am I gona get outta here?!" She asked. "I dont know!" Kurama said. Kioto began to think for a second. He then got an idea and pulled out one stick of dinamite from his bag. "Kurama we can blow her out!" Kioto said. "That could kill her! We cant..." Kurama replied. "Its the only way!" Kioto replied. Kurama thought for a second. "Kagome?!" he said. "Yeah?!" She replied. "Go as far back as you possibly can!" Kurama told her. "Why?!" She asked concerned. "Kagome just do it if you want us to get you outta her!" Kioto said. "Okay!" Kagome said moving back up against the wall. She had her head down into her knees. Sesshomaru was now on his way down the stairs with a candle in his hand. Kurama and Kioto lit one stick of dinamite and left it close by her door. They then ran and hid in the hallway. BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The explsion took place! The whole palace shook. The door was blown off and the floors and walls began to crack. Sesshomaru was knocked off the steps where he fell into the water. Kagome took her face out of her knees and looked up. She could only see smoke and then it suddenly cleared and there was the blown out door and wall. Kagome was finally free! Kioto and Kurama ran to Kagome. "Im free!" She yelled hugging Kurama and Kioto. "Thank you so much!" She said. "You may be free... but dead!" Sesshomaru said. They all turned around quickly to see him standing there soaking wet. "Sesshomaru." Kagome said with the most angry face on. Sesshomaru whipped out his sword. "Lets go!" Kioto said pushing Kurama and Kagome to run knowing that they couldnt beat him with the four so how possibly with two. They ran down the hall as Sesshomaru chased after them. At the end of the hall they could see a door. It was the only place to run to and so they ran in and shut it before Sesshomaru could cut them. There in the room was another staircase. "Look!" Kagome said. They looked and could see the stairs. "Lets go!" Kioto said as the three of them quickly ran up the stairs. They opened the door at the top and raced out into another huge room with lots of doors. They could hear the guards racing down toward them. "This way!" Kagome yelled pulling them to another door. "Wait how do you?" Kurama asked her. "I was here a long time I know where Im going!" She said. "Wait!" Kioto said. "Kioto they're coming!" Kagome said. Kioto reached into his bag and pulled out the rest of the sticks of dinamite. He then lit them up and left them in the middle of the room. "Lets leave him with a little message!" Kioto said before the ran through the door going room from room and making it out just it time for the hugest explosion to take place. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole palace had exploded throwing Kurama, Kioto, and Kagome 100's of feet away.

~Peril's House~

They could hear the sounds of the explosion. Tiena quickly awoke scared from what she heard. "What the heck was that?!?!" Everyone asked. "Kagome!" They all heard from the room. They went in to see that Inuyasha was awake! "Inuyasha!" Tiena yelled running to the bed and hugging him. Hiei and Yusuke ran outside and could see a ton off smoke covering over the moon from far back deep in the woods. They then ran back into the house. "There's a fire somewhere!" Yusuke said. "Where's Kagome?!" Inuyasha asked. "Inuyasha... she's still at Sesshomaru's palace." Tiena said. Neonna then ran out and seen where the smoke was coming from. She ran back in. "Thats from Sesshomaru's palace!!" She yelled. "So whats going on?!" Tamahome asked. Sango took Kai who had fallen asleep minutes ago and was now up and placed him on the coach to sleep. He was crying though. Suddenly they heard a loud wind sound from outside. "What was that?!" Sango asked. They all went outside. It was Sesshomaru! He stood there with sout on his face and cloths. He was hovering in the air on his flying cloud. "Sesshomaru!!" Inuyasha said with his hand up to his stomach and arm around Tiena's shoulder who was holding him up. "Kagome's free! Your little twin friends got her out! They destroyed my palace! So I destroy your home!" He said pulling out a piece of lit dinamite. He then flinged it at Peril's house and flew off into the air. The dinamite then hit the house blowing it to pieces and tossing everyone away. They all looked up at the burning house. "KAI WAS IN THERE!!!!!!" Tiena yelled.

To be continued in K&K: Resurrect Sasume