Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ K&K: The Rescue Of Kagome ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~The Brothers~

Kurama seen the key on the ground. He immediately picked it up and examined it seeing that it said "Dungeon 5" carved into it. Kurama then glanced up to see Neonna and Sango running toward him with Kai in Sango's arms. Kurama looked through the broken walls to see everyone all worried about Kagome and whether or not Inuyasha would survive yet another close call with death. Kurama then put the key into his pocket and acted as if he had found nothing. Neonna hadn't realized what Kurama was doing she was just so happy to see him alive. Sango was paying attention to what was on the ground so she didn't trip over anything with Kai in her arms. Neonna began to slow down as did Sango. "Your alive!" Neonna yelled overjoyed. "Barley..." Kurama said sarcastically. "Is everyone okay?" Sango asked approaching. "Inuyasha is severely injured." Kurama replied. "What?!" Neonna said noticing the condition of the cottage." "I think he will be fine... but Sesshomaru took a slice at his stomach." Kurama said. Neonna and Sango walked over a broken wall and were inside the cottage. Everyone was resting after that battle with Sesshomaru and feeling relieved that Inuyasha was okay... for now anyway. Kurama followed them into the cottage. "Oh there's my little brother!" Tiena said walking up to Sango and taking Kai from her arms. "Tamahome are you alright?!" Neonna asked seeing him holding his now purple hand. "Yeah... but I think my hand may be broken." He replied. "Peril... you know Inuyasha?" Hiei asked. "Uh..." Peril said deciding whether to say yes or to lie to them and act as if she only met the day they got off the island. "Yeah... I was wondering about that too?" Kioto said. "You seemed a little too worried about him for just meeting him." Yusuke said. "Kurama walked over and began to listen to what the four of them were talking about. "Uh... um..." Peril was still deciding. "Um... Kioto, I need to speak with right away." Kurama whispered in his ear. Kioto began to walk away with Kurama as Peril was still struggling with her words.

~Outside~

Kurama and Kioto walked outside until they were under the willow tree by Tiena's cottage. "Okay... what is it Kurama?" Kioto asked. "I think I may have found something..." Kurama said. "What?" Kioto asked. "I found this on the ground right where Sesshomaru was when Tiena stabbed him." Kurama said pulling the key out of his pocket. Kioto looked at it closely and then took it from Kurama's hand. He read the letters and number on the key. "Dungeon 5?" Kioto asked. "What does this mean?!" Kioto asked anxiously. "I dont know for sure but it could possibly be the key to where Sesshomaru has Kagome." Kurama replied. "Maybe... but it could just be any key." Kioto said. "True... but why would Sesshomaru have it... why not have some guard have it?" Kurama questioned. "Well there's only one way to find out... lets go tell the others." Kioto said as he began to walk off. "Wait!" Kurama said grabbing his arm. "What?" Kioto asked. "Lets just you and me go... We're the only ones who have the capablilty to... Tamahome's hand is broken, Inuyasha is possibly on his death bed... and Yusuke and Hiei are not trained." Kurama explained. Kioto listened closely. He then nodded his head. "Just us... two brothers..." Kioto said. Kurama nodded and smiled. The two then ran over to the dojo to get equipped. "I was just wondering... after that battle we put Sesshomaru through... dont you think he would kill Kagome?" Kioto asked as he thought. "I dont know Kagome and I dont know Sesshomaru... but why would he have this key on him if it wasn't important... its probably the only one he has." Kurama said assuming. "True... lets keep an open mind and get Kagome the hell out of that dungeon!" Kioto said as they approached the dojo. They quickly ran in and equipped themselves. They put they're shields on and quickly sharpened their swords. Kioto picked up a red stick with what looked like a candle top. "What's this?" He asked Kurama. "Oh... thats a stick of dinamite! We could use this!" Kurama said. "Whats... dinamit?" Kioto asked. "Dina-mite... its an explosive devise." Kurama explained. "Oh... then I guess if that key doesn't work... we could blow Kagome out." Kioto said. "Well... only if its needed." Kurama said. "Well then I'll grab some more!" Kioto said grabbing a hand full of sticks of dinamite. The two were now equipped and left the dojo heading for Sesshomaru's palace.

~The Palace~

Sesshomaru lyed in the bed, still in some pain. Then there was a knock at the door. "Come in!" Sesshomaru said with a weakish voice. A guard entered the room. "Lord Sesshomaru?" The guard asked. "What is it?" Sesshomaru asked frustrated. "The key is not in your clothing... " The guard said. "Thats where I had it!" Sesshomaru said very angrily. "We searched it mulitple time sir." The guard replied. "Oh no..." Sesshomaru said thinking about when he was stabbed by his daughter. "Guard help me up!" He demanded. "But sir..." "Do as I say!" Sesshomaru said very worried. The guard walked over to Sesshomaru's bed and began to help him out of his bed and into some clothing.

~The Destroyed Cottage~

"I cant believe my father destroyed my cottage!" Tiena said while holding Kai. "Its completely destroyed! We cant stay here..." Tiena said. Yusuke and Hiei were still awaitng an answer from Peril when she heard Tiena talking. Peril slipped away from them quickly. "You can stay at my house!" Peril said. "Huh?" Tiena said turning to her. "There's plenty of room and its right by this stream! Really and Sesshomaru would have no idea to where you would be!" Peril said excitedly. Everyone began to listen in. "Um... If its alright with you... atleast until my cottage is repared." Tiena said. "Perfect! So we're gona have to carry Inuyasha there." Peril said "Okay... um... Hiei, Yusuke... get Kurama and Kioto to help you's move him." Tiena said. "Why dont you do it yourself." Hiei said under his breath as he walked behind Yusuke out of the cottage. "Thank you so much Peril!" Tiena said. "No problem!" She said. "Where are they?!" Hiei yelled in. "Huh? Didnt they just walk out there?" Tiena said. "Thats what I saw." Peril replied. "Yeah us too." Neonna said sitting with Tamahome. "Well we better get out of here now... we cant wait for them." Tiena said. Kai began to cry. "Okay guys... I guess you'll have to carry him yourselves." Peril said reffering to Hiei and Yusuke. Hiei's eyes widened as he nodded.

~The Way In~

Kurama and Kioto were walking trying to make sure that they were going the right way. "Are you sure you remember Kurama?" Kioto asked. "Im most definately do Kioto." Kurama replied guiding Kioto through the woods. It began to get really dark. "Look! I can see some lights!" Kurama said pointing them out through the trees. Kioto squinted his eyes. "Oh yeah I see!" Kioto said. "So lets just follow those and it should hopefully lead us to the palace." Kurama said walking on. "Yeah... Im sure it will Kurama I dont know of many palaces around here." Kioto replied following Kurama. They finally reached the palace and were standing in front of it but behind a bush not to be seen by any of the guards. "Okay... now that we're all trained up... we can beat the living out of those guards!" Kioto said walking out from behind the bush. Kurama quickly grabbed him and pulled him back down. "What?!" Kioto asked. "We dont wana where ourselves out... we dont know how many guards we're gona have to fight off in the palace." Kurama explained. "Hand me a stick of dineamite." Kurama said. Kioto reached into a little sack on his back and pulled out one stick of dineamite, handing it over to Kurama. Kurama pulled out a small match book from his sack and scapped it off the tree, lighting it up. He then lit the stick up and tossed it over by the guards. "Huh?" One of the many said. He picked it up as it began to burn down faster and faster. "What is this?!" The other guards began to walk up to see the object the guard held in his hand. Kioto was watching. Suddenly there was an explosion blowing not only the guards up but a big portion of the wall which surrounded the palace. Kioto laughd. "WOW!!" His eyes lit up as he said.

~The Dungeon~

"Huh?!" Kagome said sitting in the dark as the dungeon began to shake rapidly. "Whats going on?!" She asked herself worried. She got up off the floor and began to lean on the walls not to fall over. She stood there for a second when the shaking of her dungeon stopped. "THEY'RE HERE!!!!" She screamed to herself.