Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Entering Another Realm ❯ Time Rip ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH or Inuyasha!

Chapter Dedications: Jin's Mate Forever, Geminia, and Why?What?Shutup (for being the first three to correctly answer my question on the last chapter).

Not to KagomeYasha4448: I like your idea that you suggested, so if you don't mind, I would like to use that idea for later chapters.

&&&

Time Rip

"Why are we allowing him to stay with US?" Inuyasha growled, jabbing an angry finger at the kitsune. "I say we grab Kagome and kill that…that…THING!" he yelled, eyes blazing with fury. His fingers inched towards his demon blade, but that was when he noticed it was missing. "What?"

"Looking for this, hanyou?" Youko taunted, the blade wrapped tightly by thick, thorn vines. The vines, holding the blade, dangled back and forth in front of Inuyasha's face. Hissing angrily under his breath, Inuyasha lunged for the blade, but missed. "I wouldn't do that, hanyou." Youko smirked. "One prick of these thorns will be strong enough to knock out a full-fledged youkai."

"I know, it's amazing, isn't it?" Kagome added with a bright smile on her lips.

"WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON, ANYWAY?!?" Inuyasha demanded, taking in deep breaths to calm his raging blood. Kagome blinked her eyes, giving the hanyou a confused look.

"Lady Kagome, what Inuyasha means is, if Youko-sama…" started Miroku.

"Sama, are you nuts?" asked Inuyasha, his voice rising with each word. "He's the enemy!"

"As I was saying," Miroku continued, ignoring Inuyasha's rant, "if Youko-sama and Inuyasha were to break out into a fight, who would you help?"

"Youko wouldn't need my help," Kagome answered in an obvious tone. "He'll whip Inuyasha like a puppy without even breaking a sweat. I was worried before, but I guess there wasn't much to worry about, dog-boy isn't all THAT great." Falling face flat onto the ground, an angry scowl marred Inuyasha's face, he hadn't expected that answer. A tint of red entered his eyes when Youko smirked, obviously satisfied with Kagome's reply.

"Inuyasha's ego has been bruised," Miroku silently mused. "How about this," Miroku suggested, "if both Youko and Inuyasha were in a life-death situation, and you could only save one, who would you help?" Inuyasha perked his ears to catch Kagome's answer while grinning like a fool - he was positive Kagome would choose him!

"Youko wouldn't need my help," Kagome answered, "he ALWAYS gets out of life-death situations by himself. It's unlikely that anyone or anything will stop him. Plus, he LIVES for the life and death situations."

"You're remembering," Youko murmured, causing Kagome to turn her full attention to him. "There's no other way you would have known that about me. And though you are correct, I no longer live for the life-death situations, I live for you."

"I know, or else you wouldn't have followed me through the well." Kagome answered while running towards Youko.

"You are remembering." stated Youko while wrapping his arms around Kagome, ignoring the warning growls that were emanating from Inuyasha.

"I am," Kagome agreed, "but only memories of you. But that doesn't matter; your memories are all I need. You're all I need." Tilting her head up with his clawed hand, Youko slowly leaned in towards her flush lips. Both Miroku and Inuyasha's eyes widened, but for different reasons. (Miroku's wide with surprise and Inuyasha with rage.)

Red filled Inuyasha's eyes as his claws began to lengthen…

Miroku noticed the transformation and quickly shouted, "Lady Kagome, please sit down!" Breaking apart from their passionate kiss, Youko's eyes blazed with fury.

"S-sit down," Kagome repeated, slightly confused. A glow enveloped Inuyasha's neck before he was suddenly pulled towards the ground. "Why should I sit (bam) down? I've been sitting (bam) all day! But," turning towards Youko, "I would like to sit (bam) on a tree branch! I've seen you sit (bam) there and I always wanted to sit (bam) there too! Please!"

A playful glint entered Youko's eyes when he noticed Inuyasha's condition. "He reacts to the word sit, but only from Kagome. That's probably why she keeps yelling sit when she was at my castle…"

"Please!" Kagome pleaded. Inuyasha gradually pulled himself free from his six-foot deep grave, his eyes an angry gold.

Wrapping his arms around Kagome's petite waist, Youko softly whispered something into her ear. Blinking her eyes in confusion, Kagome slowly nodded her head in agreement. Miroku tilted his head slightly to one side, curious as to what placed the cranky kitsune (because of the ruined kiss) into such a light mood. His question was soon answered…

Taking in a deep breath, Kagome yelled, "SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, AND SIT!" Placing a hand over her chest to calm her racing heart, Kagome smiled. "How's that," she asked, "can I sit on the tree with you now, please?"

"I wouldn't have allowed you to sleep alone anyway." Youko answered while walking to the edge of the crater Inuyasha created with the help of Kagome. "Your art amazes me Kagome, it's truly a beauty." he complimented, causing Kagome to blush.

"Wait, what art?" Kagome suddenly asked, but Youko just shook his head in the negative. "Well, I need to go bathe." she announced, causing Miroku's eyes to glitter with excitement.

"Do you want me to join you?" Youko whispered seductively, causing Miroku's mouth to twitch into a smile. He and the Kitsune lord was going to get along VERY well…

"Maybe another time," Kagome blushed, her eyes downcast. Brushing his lips against Kagome's forehead, he gave her a small nudge towards the direction of the hot spring.

"Another time then," he agreed.

&&&

Yusuke snapped his head to the doorway when a young teenager with a pacifier in his mouth coughed to get the group's attention. "Khem, outside, cough." he hacked softly, while indicating for the three remaining team members to get outside of Kurama's hospital room. After a last glance at their friend, the team leader and the remaining members followed their boss out of the hospital.

"What do you want, toddler?" Yusuke snapped, his temper worst than usual.

"This is important Yusuke," the teenager informed the rude punk.

"Listen here, Koenma, I'm not taking another mission! Not until Kurama recovers!" Yusuke snapped. "Right Hiei, Kuwabara?"

"Hn," Hiei answered, face set in stone.

"Yea," Kuwabara voiced, nodding his head up and down. "Kurama needs our support!"

"What Kurama needs is not your support, but the cure!" Koenma hissed while narrowing his eyes.

"Cure," Yusuke repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"So he is sick!" Kuwabara added triumphantly. Everyone ignored his comment.

"That is your mission," Koenma replied, "to find the cure for Kurama. Spirit intelligence has a clue as to what's happening, but we'll need you three to investigate. We think that there has been a rip in time and someone is altering history. Therefore, this history altering is also changing the present. But strangely, this seems to affect Kurama the most out of you four.

"It seems as if this time rip is connected with his past, or else he wouldn't have been affected so badly. But not long from now, if things aren't corrected, Kurama could ultimately die. In addition, many humans have been suddenly disappearing from the face of the earth AND off our records, as if they had never been born in the first place, for the last few months.

"Not to mention, depending on when the time rip is occurring, many things could happen. For example, if the time rip occurred five years ago, the worst scenario would be Yusuke NOT becoming a Spirit Detective, Hiei on a killing rampage, Kurama dieing with the mirror, and the success of creating the tunnel to Makai. But, if this occurred like hundreds of years ago, then there's a possibility that none of us would exist. Our ancestors could have been killed.

"For a time rip to occur, there must be a person who's traveling through time and recreating history. We need to find him and stop him now! I don't know what part of history he is changing, but we cannot afford to take the chance that he is altering history for the better. What if he decides to bring bombs into the past? Think of the possibilities! Kurama and the disappeared humans won't be the only ones affected!" Koenma concluded with a grim look on his face.

"So, where do we start?" Yusuke asked, narrowing his eyes in determination.

&&&

Kagome walked back into their camp in a light mood, feeling better after cleaning off the grim and dirt that clung to her body. "Miroku, what's wrong?" Kagome asked when she noticed Miroku bound and gagged tightly to the tree with vines. "Youko, what happened?" she asked.

"Nothing," Youko replied, pulling Kagome onto his lap. Snuggling into his chest, Kagome allowed her eyes to drift shut. Inuyasha was about to protest when Youko suddenly tensed. His ears perked up as he lifted his nose to the air.

"What's wrong?" Kagome asked, cracking open one of her eyes. Inuyasha jumped to his feet in a defensive position.

"The scents familiar," Youko whispered, "but dangerous."

After a few seconds, Inuyasha tested the air and growled, "Sesshoumaru!" Miroku struggled within his bonds while Inuyasha groped for his blade, only to remember he didn't have it. "Hey, give me my sword back!" he demanded. "This is Sesshoumaru!"

"So I've heard," Youko replied dryly with a small smirk on his lips. He leaned back against the stump of the tree and closed his eyes, waiting for the arrival of Inuyasha's elder, half-brother.

"He's a dangerous opponent," Miroku warned in a serious voice. "He might be even more powerful than you. You'll need all the help you can, so set me free."

"I'm aware of his power," Youko answered lazily, while giving Kagome a reassuring look. A white blur landed in the middle of the camp, causing Inuyasha to jump back from surprise. "Sesshoumaru," Youko smirked, his fangs glinting under the moonlight.

"You have returned," Sesshoumaru answered, taking in Youko's relaxed profile, before stopping at the bundle in his arms. "You have become weak…"

&&&

TBC!

REVIEW!