Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Entering Another Realm ❯ Time Change ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH or Inuyasha.
 
Those of you, who want an explanation for the delayed update, read the Author's Note after the story. :) You can listen to my pathetic excuse if you want one. ;)
 
&&&
 
Time Change
“Where is she? It's almost noon already! She said to be here in the morning and then SHE doesn't show up herself! Is she playing with us? Taking us for fools? If she doesn't show up in the next…”
Kuwabara took a small step back as Yusuke flailed his fisted hand back and forth, threatening to knock him unconscious. He glanced to the shrine house and prayed the time traveling duo would walk out the door…
“Where are they?!?”
“Urameshi, I'm sure they'll be out any time now…”
Yusuke slumped to the ground, hands crossed over his chest, a deep frown marring his features. Kuwabara nervously sat down beside Yusuke, making sure to place several feet between them, just in case the walking bomb decided to explode again. He tiredly glanced upward into the large tree (which he had heard Kagome call the Goshinboku); whose boughs were shading the sunlight from his eyes, and released a piercing scream.
Yusuke was up and beside his friend within seconds, his hand poised to fire his spirit gun. He lowered his hand when familiar, red eyes bored into his, accompanied by a set of golden orbs.
“Hiei, Youko, what are you doing?” Kuwabara asked, hand over his heart, trying to calm his racing blood.
“Talking,” they answered in unison as if that single word was the answer to everything.
“How long have you been there?” Yusuke asked the silver kitsune with an accusing tone.
“Since midnight last night, it was too noisy in there. The whole family was practically brawling. However, I'm beginning to wonder if it is any better out here.” With this, the kitsune tossed the spirit detective and his friend an accusing glare, sending shivers running down their spines.
“If you were here since midnight, why didn't you say anything when I got here?” retorted Yusuke, breaking eye contact. What was it with youkai and their obsession with staring you down? Turning his attention sideway, he suddenly found Kuwabara to be an extremely interesting companion.
“I found your rant…amusing. That and with the fact we couldn't have left without Kagome.”
“Isn't she with you?” asked Kuwabara, looking up into the tree, trying to spot a trace of the time traveling girl clinging to the silver kitsune.
“Contrary to common belief,” the kitsune snorted, “we aren't that attached to one another.”
“Where is she then?”
“She's in the house. Apparently, Kagome thinks she's never going to see her mother again.”
“Oh, I see. It must be hard for them.” whispered Kuwabara. “Urameshi, let's give them some more time together.”
“Whatever,” the spirit detective grumbled before returning to his previous position under the tree.
Seconds ticked into minutes and minutes into hours…
“I've had enough! I don't care if she's crying! I've waited for a damn nine hours - I'm not waiting a single minute…”
“Hey guys, I'm here!” Kagome grinned, waving her head wildly in the air.
Yusuke sputtered as Kagome raced towards them from the stairway, a yellow bag three times her size strapped on to her back. “H-How,” he demanded, “you were in the house! How did you get out of the house without me noticing?!? I've been sitting here for nine hours straight since 7:00 AM.”
“Oh, sorry about that, I went shopping at 6:00 this morning. I wanted to bring something with me to give to my friends back in the Feudal Era. As you know, I probably won't be able to see them again…ever.”
“That's not what I'm saying. Youko told me you were in the house, crying with your family…”
“He said what?” Kagome asked in disbelief. A prolonged silence followed as Kagome processed the information. Several accusing eyes turned to Youko, who suddenly remembered he hadn't watered his plants (not that he had any to begin with in the shrine), including a pair or irritated ruby orbs.
“It's the calm before the storm.” Youko muttered under his breath when everything went abnormal silent, save for his future mate's overly loud breathing.
“YOUKO KURAMA,” bellowed Kagome, puncturing his name every other syllable as the words rolled off her tongue.
“This can't be good,” the silver kitsune mumbled, causing the fire apparition beside him to lift an eyebrow. “She used my whole name. The last time she used it…actually, I don't think she's ever used my full name…but it can't be good.”
“It is if the great Youko Kurama is rambling to himself.” inserted Hiei before melting into Goshinboku's leaves.
“I thought I told you to stay here so you can tell them that I won't be back from shopping until four! Are you deaf, mute, or blind?!?”
“Blind?”
“Or maybe you're just trying to get me angry, aren't you?”
“What good would that do me?”
“You're itching for me to scream my lungs out at you, is that it?”
“And why would I go through that much trouble just to have my ears blown off?”
“You found this funny didn't you?”
“No…Well, sort of.”
“YOU'RE OVER 600 YEARS OLD, GROW UP AND GET A LIFE!!!”
“Uh…it wasn't that long of a wait.” Yusuke interrupted. “I mean, I didn't mind.” he quickly added when Kagome turned furious eyes towards him. If he was angry before at being kept waiting, he wished he was still waiting right now.
“STAY OUT OF THIS!!!”
“Yes ma'am!” Kuwabara answered for Yusuke before dragging the spirit detective a safe distance away. While they fought like cat and mouse, Kuwabara had no wishes to lose his best friend to Kagome's fury. It was even scarier, in his opinion, when his sister, Shizuru, lost it…and that was saying a lot.
“I swear you're just like Inuyasha sometimes! How long does it take a youkai to mature anyway? If you ask me, Sesshoumaru seems to be like the only youkai who has ever matured and grown some sense!”
“So I'm assuming you want me to keep a straight face a say two words every five years?” Youko threw back, his golden eyes blazing with fury. “If he's so perfect, why don't you go ahead and mate him!”
“Maybe I will!”
“You…”
“This could get ugly.” Kuwabara muttered, cowering behind Yusuke, who slowly nodded his head.
“Yeah, Hiei probably sensed this and migrated south or something…” agreed the spirit detective.
“At least dogs are loyal!”
“Are you insinuating I'm not loyal?”
“I'm not insinuating, I'm stating it!”
“Do you want me to play matchmaker and hook you two up?”
“No thank you, I can do it…”
“Kagome, are you leaving?” Mrs. Higurashi asked, poking her head out of the house. “Remember to take care of yourself sweetie.”
“Yes mom,” Kagome replied, a bright smile on her lips.
“Creepy,” Yusuke and Kuwabara whispered in unison.
“Now, where was I?”
“You were going to go mate Sesshoumaru.” Youko snarled; a red tint in his golden orbs.
“Oh, yes, Kagome.” Mrs. Higurashi popped her head out again.
“Yes mom?”
“I think it's adorable you two are having a lover's quarrel so soon already. It took me and your father five years to get into one.” she smiled.
“You make it sound like it's a good thing.” mumbled Kagome, casting a side way glance towards the silver kitsune, who was still huffing with anger.
“Before I forget, I expect grandchildren the next time I see you, understand?”
Kagome turned a bright red before hastily grabbing Youko's clenched fist and tugging him towards the well.
“Women,” the kitsune grumbled, glad that this interlude was behind them…for now, not that he was going to admit his relief to anyone! It'd look like he was scared of Kagome or something.
As they descended the stairs leading to the well, Kagome turned her attention to the kitsune and asked, “Where were we before Mama interrupted?”
“We were about to leave and settle this problem once and for all so we can give your mother those grandchildren she wanted.” interrupted Youko before Kuwabara could open his mouth and remind Kagome where she had left off on her ranting. “Look at the time,” the kitsune continued, faking a serious look. “Let's go.”
“All right, let's go…but I still feel like I forgot something.”
“Nothing,” Youko, Yusuke, and Kuwabara answered in unison.
“If I didn't know better, I'd think you three were related.”
Youko quirked an eyebrow as he glanced at Yusuke and Kuwabara with distaste, his eye clearly conveying his thoughts - never, even if his life depended on it. Thankfully, no feelings were hurt as Kuwabara and Yusuke felt the same way, if their gagging face was anything to go by.
“If my calculations are correct, when Koenma turns back the time exactly when we jump in…” began Kagome.
“You will end up in the Feudal Era before you met me - more or less a year and I will be in Makai doing what I was doing during that time. We will replace ourselves…the us during that time frame. I know, I know, you've been over this a million times yesterday. I could recite it in my sleep - if I slept.” he added with a superior look, earning himself a whack upside the head, courtesy of his future mate.
“Okay Yusuke, we're ready. Call Koenma and give us the countdown! Let's change history!” Kagome grinned. “I can't wait to see Sango, Shippo, Kirara…and Miroku too - especially Kikyou and Inuyasha's face!”
“Okay Kagome, Youko, jump at the count of one. Five - four…” Yusuke began the countdown, “three - two - one.”
Both Kagome and Youko leapt into the well at the shout of one from Yusuke. A blue light outlined with red enveloped Kagome. The usual blue brought her back to the Feudal Era, but the red brought her back in time during the Feudal Era. The same red aura surrounded Youko's gold, bringing him back to Makai - roughly one year ago.
 
&&&
 
Kagome blinked her eyes, staring intently into the blue sky of the Feudal Era. With a deep breath, she unceremoniously dropped the yellow bag to the floor with a loud thump. “It worked. It had to have worked. Youko's not here anymore.” Nervously, she climbed up the vines hanging from the sides of the well, flipping herself over the well's rim when she reached the opening.
Slowly, almost afraid of the results, Kagome trekked through Inuyasha's Forest and towards Kaede's village. It was strange how she was so sure of herself before - she had known this would work without a doubt, but now that she was actually here, she felt the beginnings of doubt gnawing at her mind.
“Kagome!” the familiar voice of her best friend shouted, drawing her attention away from the ground and towards the source of the voice, nearly snapping her neck within the process.
“S-Sango? It worked!”
“What worked Kagome?”
“The…um, I mean, where's Inuyasha?” Kagome quickly recovered, mentally slapping herself for almost giving away her plan.
“He…um…you see…” trailed Sango, nervously twisting her hands.
“Is taking a bath,” finished Miroku, who moved to stand beside Sango.
“Feels like déjà vu.” muttered Kagome, an idiot's grin on her lips.
“Um, Kagome, are you feeling okay?” whispered Sango when she noticed her best friend's uncharacteristic grin.
“Yeah, I just need to find Inuyasha and Kikyou before I explain a few things.”
“How did you know Lady Kikyou was here?” Miroku asked as Kagome brushed past him with a confused Sango in tow. Shrugging his shoulders, Miroku trailed after the two girls, staring intently at their bottoms.
“Inuyasha,” Kagome waved as soon as she spotted the familiar red of the hanyou's fire-rat kimono. “Glad I found you!”
Inuyasha shifted nervously from foot to foot as he tossed an anxious glance towards Kikyou, who visibly tensed at the sight of her reincarnation. Kagome smiled when she noticed Kikyou, who was hidden partially behind Inuyasha. She had a firm grip on her bow, prepared to fight at the slightest indication of hostility from Kagome.
“It's nice to see you here too Kikyou. Welcome to the group.”
Sango gasped in horror as Miroku attempted to clean out his ears, afraid he had heard her wrong. Inuyasha's eyes widened to the size of saucers as he fell head first into the dirt.
“Did I say sit by accident?” Kagome asked. As soon as the word `sit' left her mouth, Inuyasha was sent five feet underground, eliciting a startled gasp from Kikyou. “Whoops got to remember not to say that word again.”
“What the heck was that for wench?” Inuyasha demanded when he was finally able to pull himself out of the hole…fifteen minutes later.
“Inuyasha, please…take a seat.” Kagome ordered, trying to avoid using the word sit. The hanyou crossed his arms across his chest and upturned his nose, clearly disregarding Kagome's order. “I said take a seat before I decide to send you to the underworld!”
Inuyasha snorted something along the lines of as-if-a-weak-human-like-yourself-can-do-anything-like-that.
Taking a deep breath, Kagome pinned her hanyou friend with an annoyed glare. “I can purify you inside out, Inuyasha.” she ground out between clenched teeth. “If you keep me waiting, it means you're keeping him waiting…and while he has patience that can match Lord Sesshoumaru's, I'm sure he wouldn't mind skinning you alive!”
“Let's see him try!” Inuyasha growled, hand on Tetsusaiga.
“Who's him?” Miroku grinned lecherously.
“Did you just refer to Sesshoumaru as lord?” asked Sango, quirking an eyebrow.
“How much patience does he have?” Shippo piped in curiously.
“If you will all be quiet, then I can explain.” Kagome sighed, stuffing two fingers into her ears. “Well, I'll explain what I need to.” she silently added. “First off, Kikyou will join you and search for the shards. Before any questions, let me continue.” she added, holding up her hands when her friends began to protest. “After the Shikon no Tama is completed, which I'm sure you will be able too, I want you guys to come up with a pure wish - and make sure it's out of Inuyasha and Kikyou's reach.”
“What do you mean?” Inuyasha spat.
“Sit.”
BAM…
15 minutes later…
“As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, I'm leaving and I'm pretty sure I'm never coming back.”
“Kagome…”
“It's not because of Inuyasha or Kikyou. Actually, if Inuyasha holds out long enough, we might see each other again…maybe.”
“Why are you leaving?” wailed Shippo, clinging tightly to Kagome.
“Because I love the idiot…and I'll have to hurry too. He'll bite off my head if I go any slower.” she grinned from ear to ear.
“Stop, you've mentioned this he several times. Who is he anyway?” interrupted Sango, pinning her best friend with a look saying she wasn't wiggling out of this explanation.
“He's a silver kitsune…”
“Really?” asked Shippo, eyes twinkling. “Can I meet him? Please!!!”
“I wasn't aware you had befriended the Northern Lord.” murmured Sango. “He, his wife, and his son are the only silver kitsunes alive.”
“It's not the Northern Lord,” Kagome replied, “and I can't tell you who it is, so please, don't ask. But what you really want to know is his relationship with me, right?” Everyone, save Kikyou, nodded their heads. “He's my…mate…well, not yet.”
“WHAT?!?” shrieked Inuyasha. “Listen here, you aren't running off with some stupid kitsune so you two can make out!”
“Sit, sit, sit, and sit!”
Bam…bam…crash…clang.
1 hour later…
“So what your saying is he isn't somewhere here or from your world, but another world that only you can go to?” summarized Sango.
“Yeah, basically…speaking of which, I better go. He's probably more than irritated by now.” Kagome dusted herself off before wrapping her arms around Sango in a tight embrace. “I'm going to miss you, Shippo, Kirara, and Miroku so much. I wish there was another way so we won't be separated.”
Pushing herself away and swiping the tears from her eyes, Kagome grabbed Inuyasha by the ear and literally dragged him towards the well. Blinking her eyes, Sango quickly followed her best friend with the rest of the gang and Kikyou not far behind. As they neared the well, Kagome finally released Inuyasha, who was cursing loudly while rubbing his abused ear.
“What was that for wench?”
“Inuyasha, scream at me.”
“Wh-what?”
“Compare me to Kikyou. Just get me mad!” Kagome sighed, connecting eyes with the hanyou. “I need it to go to Makai.” she mentally answered Inuyasha's unspoken inquiry.
“Hell no, you're just trying to find a reason to sit me!”
“No I'm not! Just do something already!”
“No, I'm not falling for it.”
“INUYASHA, GET ME MAD ALREADY!”
“I'm not stupid!”
DON'T MAKE ME THROTTLE YOU, YOU STUPID HANYOU!
“I don't know why she wants Inuyasha to anger her, but I say she's pretty mad already…” Miroku sighed.
“Yeah,” agreed Shippo with tearful eyes, “you can always count on Inuyasha to get Kagome mad without even trying.”
“I'm not going to!” With that Inuyasha turned up his nose and walked towards Kikyou, who was silently watching the exchange with cold, calculating eyes.
SIT, YOU STUPID DOG!!! SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT!!!” In fury, Kagome stomped to the well, turned around and yelled, “I LEFT SOME THINGS FOR YOU AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WELL….BYE!” In a split second, Kagome had flipped over the well.
She desperately tried to maintain her anger, which increased her powers, as she traveled through the well. She grinned when the familiar rip of the time portal greeted her eyes…she had arrived in Makai.
 
&&&
 
“Hey, are you okay?” Kuronue asked, nudging his best friend with his right foot. “You've been sitting here and staring at that well without moving for the last three hours. I'm getting bored.”
“She's late,” the kitsune responded, nearly causing the bat-youkai to fall off his perch on the tree limb. It was the first word his best friend had uttered since he had came to look for him two hours ago.
“Who's late? I thought you were hunting…at least, that's what you told me. Oh, I get it! You're hunting for women!” Kuronue grinned, licking his lips.
With an easy shove, Youko sent Kuronue pummeling head first into the ground, followed by a satisfactory crack.
“I swear there's something different about you.” Kuronue grumbled as he rubbed his bruised head. “You're more…mature.” he muttered, disbelief etched in his face. He couldn't believe he just said Youko Kurama was mature…that had to be the biggest joke in all of Makai. “Well, I mean, I can't explain it, but your power increased…a lot within the span of an hour. How did you do that?”
“Hey, someone give me a lift! Youko, are you there?!?” a female voice shouted, startling Kuronue out of his musings. He watched with startled amazement as his best friend rushed from his perch and leapt into the well. A second later, the kitsune returned to the surface with a female in his arms…a human female.
“Now where did he get a human from?” Kuronue asked himself.
“What took you so long?” the silver kitsune demanded.
“None of your business, we have more important matters. I made this planner.” Kagome thrust a thick book into Youko's hand. Kuronue crept up behind his best friend and read the contents as Youko flipped through the pages.
“Travel through well, explain to friends, go to Makai, and mate with arrogant kitsune…” Kuronue read before trailing off. He glanced at Youko to confirm his suspicions.
“Arrogant am I?” he asked before dropping the planner and wrapping his arms around Kagome's waist from behind. He buried his nose into the crook of her neck and closed his eyes. “I believe we should mate right away. After all, your pitifully short human life span won't last you if you want to change history.”
“I know; that's why I arranged it to be as soon as possible. I need your life span.” Kagome stated in her utmost serious voice, causing Youko to blink. “Just kidding, I'd never play with someone's feeling, even if they are a jerk, just to get a longer life span. If I had wanted that, I would have chased after Sesshoumaru or something.”
“Sesshoumaru again!” growled Youko as Kuronue bent down and picked up the planner. “That's all you ever talk about!”
“You're jealous!”
“I am not!”
“You are too.”
“Woman, I do not get jealous over petty things like this. I KNOW that dog doesn't stand a chance against me,” he whispered before turning Kagome around and gently pressed his lips to hers.
“Arrogant kitsune,” was the last thing she muttered before her sentence was drowned out.
“Prune Youko's man-eating garden,” Kuronue read to himself under his breath, “Take over Makai, have children…” the bat-youkai blinked before rereading the passage he just read. “Take over Makai???” He turned towards Youko and his human to demand and explanation, only to find them…busy. Kuronue coughed, muttering, “I never knew you were interested in humans, much less serious about mating…what about all those other wom…”
“Oh yes, we better plan for our mating ceremony and then the strategy to take over Makai.” Youko quickly interrupted as Kagome tried to regain her breath.
“You're serious about taking over Makai?” Kuronue asked in disbelief.
“Kagome's orders,” Youko sighed pitifully before grinning.
“Orders?” repeated the bat-youkai, “When did the all mighty Youko Kurama take orders?”
“What were you saying about all those other women?” Kagome asked, narrowing her eyes.
“Those women Youko….”
“I say we start off with Jiro and then move on to Mukuro, then Raizen.” Youko continued, trying to drown out Kuronue's answer.
“Are you digging your own grave?” demanded Kuronue.
“What about those women?” Kagome repeated.
“Well, if we're going to take over Makai, then we better begin now. We only have three hundred years before we have to help Yusuke with the Saint Beasts and the Dark Tournament.” Youko smiled nervously.
“I said, what about those women?”
“Can someone explain to me, what the hell is going on?” Kuronue asked.
“It all started,” Youko quickly began as he led his best friend back towards his castle.
“If you don't explain now, I'm going to go back and mate with Sesshoumaru if it is the last thing I do!” Kagome threatened, knowing Sesshoumaru was one of Youko's worst childhood enemies. She wasn't given a chance to elaborate on her threat before she was tossed over Youko's shoulder, kicking and screaming, and taken towards his castle.
“I'll explain when we get the castle.” Youko promised his best friend.
“YOUKO KURAMA, PUT ME DOWN!” Kagome screamed, shaking the whole forest with her voice. “I'LL PURIFY YOU TO HELL!” Everyone could tell Kagome and Youko were going to be the happiest and most loving of couples…
 
&&&
 
END!
Those of you who wanted an excuse, here it is…from least important to most.
1. I was lazy.
2. I found lots of good Chinese soap operas.
3. I was busy with homework and stuff.
4. Lack of inspiration - I need well-written Kagome and Kurama or Youko stories that capture my attention to inspire me.
5. I'm extremely infatuated with the Kagome and Sesshoumaru pairing - I found so many good stories that they're really inspiring me. ;)
 
Author's note: Well, it's the end of the story - about time, it's been over a year - but, I can make an epilogue. Do you guys want one? If not, I can just leave it here, because I like this ending too. :)