Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Freak Show ❯ Explanation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Belle: Apparently I'm not the only person that wanted a good Kag/Kurama fiction!

~Kurama: There were 26 reviews in one day between FF and MM! I know the people love me.

~Inuyasha: Not everyone loves you fox-boy. Why don't you go back to that Freak Show and leave my woman alone.

~Kouga: Hey she's MY woman!

~Kagome: Get off it boys. I'm whoever I want to be's woman. And this time I choose Kurama.

~Kurama: Ha!

R&R

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The two had been walking back towards the Higarashi Shrine. Neither really noticed that sometime during the walk their hands seemed to found one another. Silently they walked until they could see the shrine was only a block away. Suddenly they both realized that they had been holding hands.

Immediately they dropped hands and both blushed profusely. Shuuichi must have been making a come back because Youko would never have blushed. They also missed the contact so recently relinquished. Kagome cleared her throat.

"So, that's my home up there." She pointed to the hill on which the shrine sat. "What am I going to tell my family about you?" She mused.

"I encourage you tell them the truth. I'm sure they'll believe you when you tell them you found a Kitsune at the Carnival and helped him escape. It happens all the time, I'm sure." Kurama smiled at her with humor reflecting in his green eyes.

`Wait a second! When did his eyes become green?' Kagome asked herself. "Kurama, earlier you had golden eyes, but now, they look green."

He looked at her for a moment and then smiled. "Yes, it would seem that I will be able to convert back to my alter ego soon enough."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a complicated story actually. You could say I'm the embodiment of a dual personality. If I become enraged my youkai takes over and I convert to my original existence of Youko Kurama. However, I was merged into the body of Minamino Shuuichi. As him, I have red hair and green eyes."

"So why are you the Kitsune right now?"

"I don't remember exactly. I was at a tournament of some sort. I know that the man at the Carnival was not human. He did something to me that kept me in a constant state of anger and I was unable to calm down enough to become Shuuichi again."

"How long do you think it will take you to completely transform into a ningen?" Kagome asked as she halted her walk and he also stopped beside her.

"Maybe an hour. I seem to be extremely calm in your presence. Generally I only turn into Youko Kurama during extreme danger. Normally I only use a little of my youkai strength, but as I said earlier that nonhuman at the Carnival did something to me."

Kagome looked thoughtful for a moment as she processed everything. It made sense to her. She was used to odd things. She did travel back and forth from the present to Sengoku Jidai. She got an idea. "Why don't we go to the park then and wait it out. I'm afraid my mother and brother would attack you and rub your ears and tails all night long if we were to go now."

He cocked an inquisitive eyebrow at her. "You act like you know this from experience."

She laughed lightly. "That's what happened when they met Inuyasha. I don't think his ears have ever received so much attention!"

Again with that Inuyasha. "Who's Inuyasha again?" Kurama asked with a jealous tinge to his voice. His tails had disappeared now.

"He's part of the quest. Your tails are gone." She finished with a sigh of disappointment.

Youko grinned his irresistible grin. She likes his tails then. He'll have to remember that. She was attractive and if he had allowed himself to fully realize that when he was in his complete youkai form he would not be able to control his urges. "You like my tails?" He innocently asked.

"I just thought they were…..um…….cute…….is all." That familiar blush stained her cheeks again.

They had reached the park and were sitting on the swings staring at the stars over head.

"So are you from around here then?"

"Actually, I go to the school not too far from here. I don't believe I've ever seen you at school. It's convenient that the Carnival stopped here. I bet my mother is worried."

"Your mother! Oh no! We should call her and let her know you're alright!" Kagome rose from her swing ready for action.

Kurama laughed at her. "Calm down. I'm sure she won't mind waiting another day to find out my whereabouts. I'm more interested in you. Why have I never seen you in school?"

"Well, I just started high school this year. But, I'm afraid I hardly actually go to school. I'm always traveling to the Sengoku Jidai. It's hard to balance my life's responsibilities. I have school here and defending against Naraku there. My grandfather is always coming up with these crazy diseases for excuses from school."

"Wait! You're the sick girl?" Kurama exclaimed in recognition. He remembered his neighbor Hojo always telling him about this girl that was always sick.

Kagome nodded guiltily.

"How could anyone buy that? You don't look sick at all."

"You'd be surprised." Kagome thought thinking about how Hojo spent so much money buying her health gifts that were of no use.

"I understand about balancing responsibilities though. I am a member of the Spirit Detectives. Or at least I was a member of them. I have fulfilled my requirement of aiding them. But my best friends are still active. You realize, I'm the top student two years running at the high school?"

"Oh my gosh! I remember my friend Yuka talking about this foxy red head with green eyes and ……oh my you are that fox!" She laughed at the pun and he joined in with her.

"Yes, I seem to have my own fan club. If you ever need help with classes though I'm sure I can help you. I'm just grateful that it is summer so that my rank did not slip while I was incarcerated there." He paused in his talking as Kagome approached him and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Your hair is beautiful when it's red as well." Kagome smiled at him. He stood from his swing and reached for her hand that was entangled in his hair. He held it within his own.

"Let's go meet your family now." He encouraged as he led her back to the shrine.

The two walked back towards Higarashi Shrine and up all the stairs. Finally they reached the door, but before Kagome could open it someone else did.

Standing before her was a very pissed Inuyasha. When he noticed the red head human holding HIS Kagome's hand his golden orbs flashed red for a moment.

"Oy, wench what took you so long. We have shards to collect." He roughly pulled Kagome out of Kurama's reach. Kurama gave a low growl as Inuyasha purposely ignored him.

"You must be Inuyasha. What do you think you are doing?"

Inuyasha let go of Kagome after they all stood in the living room. He stood between her and the human boy. "It is none of your business." Then Inuyasha saw the green eyes of the human boy flash golden.

"Well I'm making it my business. It's the middle of the night. She and I were on a date. You are not dragging her off to the Sengoku Jidai in the middle of the night. I will not allow it."

"How do you know about the--- wait, it doesn't matter. She has a responsibility that does not involve you. Now get lost." Inuyasha turned his back upon the weird human boy and began to drag Kagome off towards the well house. She was too shocked by the exchange between the two to think clearly and protest.

"It is my business. I am in debted to Kagome and will be aiding her on this quest for Shikon Jewels. Now release her, before I make you." Kurama reached into his hair and pulled out a rose.

Inuyasha laughed. "You're going to threaten me with a rose! You really are a stupid human." He stopped laughing when Kurama transformed the rose into a whip.

"Sit!" Kagome interrupted the tension. "Stop it you two. We are not leaving in the middle of the night Inuyasha. Kurama do not try to kill Inuyasha with your rose whip thingy. We will all go inside and have a bowl of Ramen. I'm sure my mother has woken up with all this noise and would like an explanation." Kagome began walking back to the house and the two boys followed suit casting suspicious glares at one another.

Inuyasha immediately stopped sulking when the aroma of Ramen filled his nostrils. Kurama almost laughed at his childish behavior. All Kagome had to do was give him the aversion of Ramen and he was an innocent and docile as a puppy.

Kurama's observed the hanyou's ears. `Mine are cuter.' He thought to himself.

Kagome's mother entered the kitchen as the three began eating the Ramen. Kagome sat between the two boys to prevent further hostilities.

After the edited explanation to Mrs. Higarashi she completely agreed that Kurama should accompany Kagome. "This is great sweet heart! He can help you keep up with your school work as well. You have a friend from this time that you can confide in." Now there was hope that Kagome would return to the present after the Shikon no Tama was complete. Her mother had feared that she would remain there with her friends.

"Thanks mom. Do you think it would be okay if Shuuichi stayed the night and then called his mother in the morning? Our date went longer than we had intended."

"Yes dear, that will be fine. Inuyasha you may as well stay as well. You two boys could share the guest room. There are two twin beds in there."

"Feh, I'd rather sleep in a tree outside." Inuyasha rose from the table and went straight for the tree outside Kagome's room. He had slept there many times without her knowledge. He always felt better if he knew she was safe.

"The guest room would be great." Kurama politely replied.

"Follow me, I'll show you where it is. It's right across from my room." Kagome led Kurama by the hand up the stairs and to his room.

"Do you think I could look at your room first?" Kurama innocently requested. Of course Youko didn't have innocent intentions, but Shuuichi was keep that part of himself in check.

"Sure. Come on."

Inuyasha couldn't help but growl when he saw that insolent ningen enter HIS Kagome's bedroom. He was the only male that should be allowed in there. This punk was creeping in on HIS territory. He didn't jump in and kill him though, he feared the number of sits Kagome would inflict upon his poor body.

He was not happy at all that this Kurama or Shuuichi or whatever his name was would be accompanying them on their quest. First Shippo, then Miroku, then Sango, their group just kept getting larger. Plus there was something funny about his scent. It was at times as if he was some sort of Kitsune. He would have to keep an eye on him.

"What kind of a sissy carries around roses in his hair anyway." Inuyasha grumbled as he settled back into his tree after watching said sissy exit Kagome's room.

Kagome glanced out of her bedroom window after saying goodnight to Kurama. As if her life wasn't complicated enough before this it would definitely be getting more interesting now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Belle: For you YYH fans, I apologize I really just want this to be Kurama and not the rest of the Spirit Detectives. Well maybe I'll include Hiei, he can be cool.

~Inuyasha: Those other two guys are lame.

~Kagome: Be nice!

~Inuyasha: Fine, those other two guys suck.

~Belle: Anyways, I had to do some research, and I think my explanation on Kurama not working for SD is decent, if not I can elaborate.

~Youko Kurama: Forget it. Do not elaborate, just hook me up with Kagome.