Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Gaze ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Golden Gaze

by:

Goijh

Author's note:

Oh my goodness! I have to respond to reviews soon but there's so many! (Not that I mind of course! ^_^) I'll start working on that ASAP.

BTW: You people are going to think that I am incredibly evil when you finish reading this chapter. And yes...I know that I am. (BWAH HA HA! *Maniacal laughter ensues.) Not only is this a cliff hanger....But it is one HELLUVA cliff hanger.

And I won't be able to start working on Chapter 15 until Monday, because I'm going to work at my father's shop this weekend. For those of you who've read my profile page, you know that I live in Maine. Well I live in central Maine, while my father lives WAY up north in the Kingfield/Carrabasset Valley area. In fact he owns a ski shop right near Sugarloaf, which is where I will be working this weekend!

^_^

*****************So here is my question for you readers, its kinda like a poll:****************

Do you ski/snowboard?

And if so, have you ever been to Sugarloaf?

Please answer this, I am genuinely curious! In fact...I might do something for like a prize. Out of all of those that answer, I'll choose one (or maybe more depending on the response) random name and that person will get a prize of somesort.

Maybe they'll become a minor character in the story.

Maybe they'll get to plan the next chapter.

Or maybe I'll think of something else!

____________________________________________________________

======================================================

Chapter Fourteen

____________________________________________________________

======================================================

Anger.

That was the first word that came to mind if you happened to glance the hanyou sitting in a high branch of the Goshinboku. His silver hair cascading hapharzardly over his shoulders, rippling slightly in the breeze. His arms firmly folded across his chest, eyebrows furrowed, mouth stretched into a feral snarl.

One could only ponder what could have made this creature so upset. And passing on their way, one would come up with many creative and horrific things that could have happened. Of course, one would never guess that the source of the demon's mauvais [1] nature was a teenage school girl with the power to subdue his fierce prowess with a single word.

"Sit."

Inuyasha flinched in recollection of the many times he had heard that word spoken since he had come through the well. In his own opinion Kagome was turning into a tyrant, abusing her stolen power over him at every turn. If the wench would only do what he told her, they would never get into any arguements.

And if she would only listen to his obviously better sense of reason, then the arguements would never end with his mangled body residing in a crater of his own creation while Kagome pranced away.

Scowling, Inuyasha leaned slightly forward to tenderly rub his throbbing back with one hand. The other lifted to maliciously clench the cursed rosary he was forced to wear around his neck. IT was the cause of all his misery of late. IT coupled with that wench!

First the sneaky girl had told him it was fine if he stayed in her time, at least until she returned. Then she had welcomed him inside the Higurashi residence and fed him wonderful ramen in several flavors. Then she had gone so far as to allow him to rest on her amazingly comfortable bed while she did that, 'school work' stuff.

His head had sunk into the feathery pillows, his body curling comfortably on the mattress as from beneath a warm blanket he was watched the raven haired young woman studiously scratch away at a paper with a pen. Every so often she would look up and finding his dazed eyes semi focused on her, would send him a smile.

Serenity.

At least until the wench mumbled something under her breath that just sent him into a fit.

They had peacefully been talking about their companions back in the feudal era. Inuyasha had actually been enjoying himself. It had been a while since it was just him and Kagome, and almost just as long since that had last shared what could be called as a lengthy civilized conversation. He had found himself growing sleepy as the night progressed, drifting into an almost drugged state until he was only able to mutter incoherent replies to the miko's questions or comments.

The wench had seized the opportunity. Slowly she had wound the conversation down until then hanyou was almost sleeping. Then, out of nowhere, she slipped in the ill fated words with a comment on Shippo.

"I hope Shippo won't be too upset that I'm going to be here about a week longer than I had intended."

HA!

Like he, Inuyasha, the slayer of many fierce enemies, wouldn't have caught that!

"Feh. Runt."

Obviously, by Inuyasha's intelligent reply, he had. Believing herself to be victorious, the wench had put away her homework that had been done almost hours ago, and tiptoed downstairs to sleep on the couch. It wasn't until the next morning, when Inuyasha was confirming her return to the feudal era that afternoon, that he had remembered what she had said.

"But Inuyasha, I'm staying another week. I told you that last night."
Outraged, and a bit stunned, Inuyasha had prepared to protest the authenticity of that. Unfortunately as he racked his brain, he found the foggy memory of Kagome's mentioning of that. To say he was pissed was an understatement.

"Oi wench! You did that on purpose when I was almost asleep!"

Bingo!

Give the hanyou a price. He's a WINNER!

The discovery had lead to a long and heated battle as the two argued, completely oblivious to the small crowd of Souta, jiichan, and Mrs. Higurashi that had fearfully congregated in the doorway. To the relief of the bystanders, the war moved outside within a couple minutes when Kagome realized if she didn't start on her way to school, she would be late.

Souta and company cautiously entered the recently evacuated kitchen. Nearly deafened by the yelling, their barely functional ears had caught the sound of a female voice repeatedly yelling a one syllabled word, and they all felt the seismic vibrations that shook the house puntuating each shout.

When they walked out the door, Mrs. Higurashi to bring Souta to school and Jii-chan to work in the shrine, they found Kagome to be gone, Inuyasha in the Goshinboku, and a large body shaped crater decorating their yard near the well house.

Only able to speculate as to what had happened, they had gone their seperate ways, leaving the hanyou to himself, as he was now. Vowing that he would never sleep on a bed from Kagome's time again due to, ' Sneaky wenches taking advantage of their comfortability.'

Inuyasha tapped his fingers impatiently against his forearm. His head leaned back against the tree's trunk. He was no longer as angry as he had been. He could never stay mad at Kagome, especially not seeing as she practically forgave and forgot the moment that she was out of sight. Maybe when she got home, they could talk about it? Maybe this time the miko would listen to his superior reason.

Velvet ears turned in the direction of the road that passed by the front of the shrine. The sun was beginning to sink into the west now, so Kagome should be home any minute now. Amber eyes darted to the side walk.

Any minute now.

"SPIRIT GUN!"

Those were the last things the hanyou heard as, without even the second to turn, he felt a force of energy slam into his chest.

___________________________________________________

=============================================

Koenma regarded the fire demon across the room from him with an appraising stare. The toddler sized ruler couldn't help but feel something wasn't right. The information just didn't fit.

There had been no breach in the barrier as of late. In fact, a recent spirit world census of makai held all the demons accounted for. That aside, there hadn't been an inu hanyou in hundreds of years, especially not a cross between a human and a dog demon. Inu youkai liked to keep to themselves, arrogant lot that they were, they fancied themselves above most other breeds of demons.

There was a slight possibilty that a hanyou could have existed out of makai. A dog demon had gotten loose a few years back. But again the information didn't fit. Even with a demon's enhanced childhood aging, it wouldn't be the age that the hanyou reportedly was. And for it to have survived more than a couple years in ningenkai without reikai discovering it?

Impossible!

Not to mention the fact that there was no way in hell that Spirit World would not have known about this purportedly extremely powerful miko living in the area. Even pristesses with dormant or little or next to no powers were accounted for.

But, put all those facts aside, things still weren't right. Hiei's countenance as he awaited Koenma's answer was just too calm, too self assured. The koorime was behaving too smugly for Koenma to believe that the renegade member of his spirit detective team was suddenly turning into the model citizen. And how would he have gotten the information anyway? It's not like he would have just happened to be in the courtyard of a shrine and come across an inu cross breed and powerful miko engaging in everyday conversation.

Hiei, rebel he was, would never have even turned in the information if he had. Unless he was ordered, he tended to stay out of things unless they involved Yukina or a member of the Spirit Detective team, to whom the convict had become quite loyal.

Yet, as Koenma's eyes narrowed, continuing to appraise the fire demon, he was sure that Hiei wasn't lying. As ruler of spirit world, or at least as ruler under his father, Koenma would have been easily able to tell if Hiei so much as thought about altering the truth.

But there was nothing.

No sign of deception.

No sign of treachery or lies.

Not even the barest hint of a malignant emotion.

Only a cool, collected mask and an aura radiating self content.

To say that it made the child like ruler uneasy was an understatement. Though he trusted Hiei, there was just something about this situation that didn't feel right. Something that didn't fit. Something that made it all seem just...dangerous.

"And you say they were in a shrine in Tokyo?" Koenma asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had shrouded the room.

Hiei only nodded, his crimson eyes sparking in what could only be called eager anticipation.

"Well then, I'll contact Botan and get Yusuke on it right away. You get over to Sarayashiki High and meet the others there. Do nothing with the miko as of yet. Only deal with the hanyou.

__________________________________________________

=============================================

Lunch time.

Kagome stared shyly around the campus at the other students who were already huddling in their social groups, chatting and enjoying each others company, all completely oblivious to the miko's lone figure hesitating near the door way.

All except for one.

Brushing her raven locks out of her face and behind her ears, Kagome made her way over to a vacant table underneath a tree in an equally vacant corner of the school yard. Normally she had no problems making friends, she wasn't the shyest person around, but she wasn't sure she really wanted to make any friends here.

A lot of the people at Sarayashiki weren't exactly the type that she wanted to hang out around. Even if it meant having company. Sighing she placed her tray down on the table top and smoothed her skirt as she sat down. Sapphire eyes were clouded with slight misery as she began to idly pick at her food.

'I wonder what Inuyasha's doing now?' She knew that the hanyou wouldn't go back to the feudal era, not yet, not without her. She would have smiled at the hanyou's behavior at any other time, but Youko confused her.

She had only just met him. True he had followed them for a few days, but she didn't really know him. But he knew a lot about her. He knew that she could go through the well. That she could sense the shards. He had taken her first kiss only a day or so after they had met and now was hanging around 500 years in the past, waiting for her return.

It was like he was stalking her.

Kagome wasn't sure to be creeped out or flattered, and was in the middle of debating which to choose when a smooth voice from behind made her jump.

"Kagome isn't it?"

Clutching her heart as if to help slow her rapidly beating heart, the miko slowly turned around to see who had startled her so. Whatever she was expecting, it wasn't what she saw.

Sapphire met emerald and for a moment, time seemed to stop. Her breath caught in her throat as she slowly became lost in those forest green depths. Maybe it was a trick of the light, but she could have sworn that for a moment she saw flecks of molten gold swirled sparkling in his irises.

Suuichi.

"Kagome-san?"

That smooth, velvet voice interrupted her trance. Realizing that she had once again been staring, a fierce blush threatened to over take her body. Quickly, Kagome turned her head away, hoping that he wouldn't see. In doing so, she completely missed the gentle and pleased smile that crossed the young man's face.

"Yes?" She asked quietly. Inwardly she prayed that he would go away so that she could crawl up in a hole and die of embarressment. She could still feel his eyes on her back though, and somehow it felt so familiar.

Once again she was reminded of Youko. Why was it that he kept popping into her thoughts whenever Suuichi was around.

"I noticed that you were over here by yourself and was wondering if you would like some company?" The red head continued as if completely unaware of her state of discomfort.

Nervously Kagome bit her lower lip. What to do? If she said no, she could suffer in her humiliation alone and wouldn't have to worry about further embarressing herself. But she would also seem rude. And in all honesty she wasn't sure that she wanted him to go.

Hesitantly she turned her head and glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. His tapered waist was the first thing that she saw as she was still sitting and he standing. If she looked up, she knew that she would see beautiful scarlet hair and eyes that any girl would willingly drown in. And for that reason she turned her own eyes to her lunch sitting in front of her.

No way was she going to risk embarressing herself like that again. No more eye contact with Mr. Minamino for this miko. Not if she wanted to retain any dignity or pride.

Aware that he was still patiently waiting for her response, Kagome felt her mouth open and the words pour out. As if in a detatched state she heard herself mumbling an apology and inviting him to join her. No problem at all she said.

'Yeah no problem. I'll just look into your eyes once and get lost in daydreams of a feudal era and enigmatic fox, staring at you until you get freaked out and run away.' She thought bitterly, carefully averting her eyes as he sat down at the table across from her.

Briefly his pant clad shin brushed against hers as he situated himself. Kagome had to bow her head, her hair cascading around her like a veil to keep him from seeing the blush that stained her cheeks as the brief contact heated her body, a tingling sensation flooding her stomach.

"I noticed that Keiko does not share the same lunch as you yesterday. But the period was over before I could offer my company." Suuichi began, calmly starting up conversation, pausing a moment to take a sip of his drink. "If you would like I could introduce you to some other students."

Kagome felt herself becoming quite at ease in his presence. Suuichi's manner was casual, aimable. She was actually feeling much more comfortable around him then she ever thought she could. Almost without thinking she found herself responding to his general and helpful questions, the conversation quickly growing and never once faltering.

At least until he asked a question that she wasn't sure how to answer.

"So, Kagome, why have you transferred to Sarayashiki High?" Suuichi asked with genuine curiousity, his kitsune nature craving a reason for this beautiful creature to have stumbled into this misfortunate place. He tried to meet her eyes. The entire time they had been talking, she had avoided all eye contact with him, instead keeping those beautiful orbs reverently lowered, choosing to examine the knots in the wood rather than look directly at him. A few times she had gazed up at his face, but even then, she never actually met his eyes, focusing on his forehead, or a stray strand of hair instead. Suuichi felt oddly disappointed by this. He found himself yearning for her to stare into his eyes like she did in his dreams.

She continued to foil his attempts though. But his question had caused a slight change. Her body was tensed, and with his only slightly muffled demon senses, he could tell that she was anxious.

What for?

Was she in some type of trouble?

Kagome stared quietly at her hands, allowing an awkward silence to spread. She wasn't sure how to answer his question. She obviously couldn't tell him the truth. He would want to know why she had missed so much school. And then what would she tell him? What she had told everyone else there? That she was constantly 'sick'? What if it grossed him out or made him uncomfortable? She was enjoying his company more than she would like to admit.

"Kagome?"

His seductive voice called her back to reality. His tone had dropped some, it was laced with concern. Inwardly she smiled, he was really quite sweet. Not like Hojo though. Hojo just over did it and didn't seem to be able to decipher the subtle hints that Kagome constantly sent his way. No, Suuichi was sweet in the way he was so kind and observant.

Slowly she glanced up at him, his hand was held slightly out toward her own where it rested, folded with its opposite on the table, as if he wanted to comfort her in some way, but was waiting for her aquiesence. Seeing that she didn't mind, the appendage slowly lowered to her own, folding itself around it in a protective manner. Kagome was unprepared for the jolt of warmth the spead through her being at the contact, but made no outward sign.

"If you don't want to answer my question you don't have to. I apologize, it's none of my business." Suuichi told her, noticing that she was still slightly uncomfortable, but inwardly smiling at the fact that her pulse was racing almost as fast as his own at the contact. It seemed the enjoyed holding his hand.

"Thank you." Kagome said silently, covering his hand with her other. "It's really okay, you don't need to apologize." She assured him before breaking off as she stared up into the branches of the tree above. "Its just...It's just something I don't really want to talk about right now. Maybe later."

As she said those last words, she lowered her chin so that she was facing him, and flashing him a brilliant smile that would make any man melt, she met his eyes.

Kurama's breath caught as he stared back into those sapphire orbs, fox like barks of triumph sounded in the back of his mind. Ocean depths seemed to envelop him, their warmth embracing him. It was an exquisite feeling that he had only ever felt in his dreams.

RING!

The bell rang, signalling the end of the lunch period.

Kagome's eyes broke away from his own as she started, orbs darting in the direction of the noise in surprise. Suuichi smiled as he watched her become slightly flustered, pink staining her ivory skin as she realized, once again, she had been staring. She didn't seem to even remember that they were holding hands across the table until he gave her limb a slight squeeze.

"Here, allow me to walk you to class." He said as he slowly stood, never letting go of her hand, and walked around the picnic table to stand next to her. Still not releasing her hand, as if he was afraid she would flee, he gathered her books and tray in his free hand and gazed softly down at her.

Kagome could only nod her consent.

Still smiling, Suuichi beckoned with his head, "Show the way."

And show the way she did, as the seeming couple made their way into the building, one completely oblivious to the narrowed crimson eyes that followed their every move from a nearby rooftop, and the other puzzling over the demon's presence.

________________________________________________________

==================================================

Yusuke snuck up onto the school roof. No way was he going to sit through some boring world history class with Mr. Kamido. It didn't matter what Keiko did to him, the Spirit Detective simply did not care about Japan's feudal era and refused to listen to someone lecture about it.

Quietly closing the door behind him, he snuck a quick peek around. His territory was deserted.

Good.

Nimbly Yusuke hoisted himself up onto the roof of the entrance so that should anyone come onto the school top, he would not be noticed. Lying back into the sun's warmth he slowly closed his eyes...

...And began to snore.

School always made the poor boy so tired.

So fastly was he sleeping, that he was completely unaware of a shadowy presence lurking nearby. Slowly the figure stepped forward, creeping up quietly like a cat until it loomed over the dozing young man like a dangerous storm cloud.

"Baka ningen."

With a snort of disgust, Hiei none to gently nudged Yusuke in the side with the toe of his boot. Immediately the Spirit Detective was awake, dukes up and curses sputtering from his mouth like it was a leaky faucet as he quickly looked around.

He didn't have far to look as Hiei was standing right next to him.

"Oi Hiei! What the hell is the big idea?!" Yusuke mumbled, rubbing his now tender and surely bruising side.

"Hn."

The koorime turned away and gracefully leapt off of the entrance roof down on to the school top. Knowing that this was the demon's way of saying follow, follow Yusuke did, though as he was still groggy, his dismount was no where near as pretty as the youkai's.

A loud thump and muffled cursing was heard from behind and Hiei didn't even have to turn around to know that the spirit detective had fallen. Muttering something that sounded suspiciously like, "Ketsu," under his breath, Hiei continued to walk until he reached the edge of the roof. There he stood, staring out over the campus.

School would be out soon. He would get Kuwabara and Kurama then. For now, he would brief Yusuke in on Koenma's orders. The Spirit Detective could fill the others in on his own, Hiei had no desire to attempt the explain anything to the thick headed Kuwabaka, and he wasn't exactly pleased with Kurama's friend;y behavior toward the strange miko during lunch.

Kurama was inviting danger through his door with open arms. It was completely unlike him.

"There's a demon loose from Makai. An inu hanyou. He was spotted at a local shrine. Koenma's orders are to deal with fugitive and return him to Spirit World."

Yusuke yawned, displaying his obvious opinion for the, what he found tedious, matter. "Yeah yeah, toddler makes a mistake. We clean it up."

"Hn."

Used to the jaganashi's curt responses, Yusuke didn't deter from his complaining.

"Classes will be finished in a little while, we can get Kurama and Kuwabara then. You can lead us to the shrine and we can get this over with. Or..." Yusuke's eyes lit up as he seemed to remember something, "You can just send them the message telepathically and we can leave now."

Hiei entertained a brief mental picture of Kuwabara clutching his head and screaming about strange voice ordering him around. "We'll wait."

Shrugging Yusuke said nothing else, only sliding his hands into his pockets and rocking back and forth on his heels as he waited.

A few moments later the final bell rang. Taking that as the signal, the Spirit Detective glanced over to where Hiei was standing, or rather had been. The koorime had vanished, undoubtedly already on his way to a secluded tree branch to meet the others.

Sighing heavily Yusuke turned and jogged over to the door. Looks like it was the stairs for him.

________________________________________________

=============================================

"SPIRIT GUN!"

The force of the energy knocked Inuyasha out of the tree, sending him flying through the air. Instinct just barely kicking in at the last moment as he nimblt twisted himself in the air in a feline like manner so that he would land on his feet.

His toes had barely touched the ground, his chest burning from the spirit energy blast, when a golden energy sword, brandished by a ningen was descending upon him. Battle mode kicking in, Inuyasha didn't hesitate a moment more before unsheathing Tetsusaiga, leaping to the side to avoid being harmed by the crackling energy blade as the demon fang transformed.

A split second scan with his senses told him that there were four enemies here. Two were ningens possessing incredible energy: the red head with the sword and a black haired tough guy who must have shot the, 'Spirit Gun,' at him.

While he wasn't particularly worried about those two, the other two presences disturbed the inu greatly.

Demons.

In Kagome's time.

Powerful Demons.

He could smell the scent of a fire demon coupled with something else, and identified it with a short black clad figure in the shadows as he dodged another spirit gun and blocked the energy sword with Tetsusaiga. The other demon confused him though.

It smelled similar to him, a half breed, but yet, different somehow. Out of the corner of his eye, Inuyasha caught sight of a scarlet haired young man intently watching him, a rose in his hand and an almost disbelieving expression shadowing his face. He looked no more than human...but he smelled...

Underneath that mortal scent, was the scent of another that Inuyasha knew all too well. The flower boy smelled like a silver kitsune...Like Youko Kurama.

The hanyou didn't have long to dwell though as once again he was attacked. The dark haired boy shot another energy blast at him, just barely missing, and the red head swung at him in a clumsy yet fierce manner. Deftly parrying the energy sword with his father's fang, Inuyasha made to strike back at the brutish ningen before him. Tetsusaiga raised, preparing to come down with enough force to knock the ningen out and hopefully not wound him too much...

...But before it could make contact, a seering pain flashed through Inuyasha as he felt something pierce his side. The red head, sufficiently frightened from what he believed was a close encoutner with death, graciously stepped aside to let Inuyasha's knew opponent take the stage.

Even the tough guy backed off as Inuyasha and the fire demon back to circle, facing off. Blood poured liberally from just below Inuyasha rib cage as his demon blood sought to heal the wound. By nothing short of a miracle, the petit youkai's katana had just missed the dog demon's lung and kidney.

Crimson eyes flashed with murderous intent. It didn't appear that the demon would miss again.

With speed that Inuyasha wasn't even sure Sesshomaru could match, the black clad figure suddenly lunged at him. In was only by accident that Inuyasha was able to avoid injury when at that same moment, a thorned vine-like whip came lashing at him, coming between him and the katana weilding youkai.

Not one to miss an opportunity, Inuyasha quickly fell back to safety, Tetsusaiga brandished in front of him as if ready to perform a kaze no kizu. Except that he couldn't. In Kagome's time there were none of the open spaces of his era. There was no place for him to perform his attack, and without it, Inuyasha wasn't sure he could win.

For the moment the dark clad fire demon's attention was diverted. He stared almost accusingly at the scarlet haired one, who held in his hand where the rose had been, the thorn covered vine wip. However, seeing as their companions were currently caught up in some sort of silent conversation, the ningens returned to their assualt on Inuyasha.

The blood flow from the gash in his side was still steady, but it was considerably lessened now that his demon blood was taking over. However, Inuyasha himself was beginning to feel a little faint. He hadn't realized that he had been gouged so badly at first. It didn't seem that things could get worse as the humans quickly encroached upon him.

But it could.

Inuyasha, with is sensitive dog like nose, was the first to pick up on it. Then the scarlet haired one whom reminded him of Youko, and then the fire demon.

Kagome was here.

Here was dangerous.

Kagome didn't know it was dangerous.

She didn't know that there were demons in her time.

The demons knew she was here.

Kagome was in danger.

Without a second though, Inuyasha ran, racing toward the shrine's yard entrance way. His enhanced hearing had already picked up on the sound of Kagome's shoes padding against the stone of the steps.

She was just outside the door.

The doorknob was just beginning to turn when Inuyasha reached the portal. Without a moment's hesitation he flung the wooden door open, nearly causing Kagome to fall at the unexpected action and she came flying in with the door.

Sapphire eyes wide and panicked, she looked to him quickly for an explanation, but Inuyasha offered none as he hurriedly gathered her in his arms and took off once again just seconds before a katana sliced through the air where he had been standing.

"SPIRIT GUN!"

Kagome watched wide eyed as a huge ball of energy came flying at them from...YUSUKE?! It barely missed the hanyou's running form as it crashed into the ground. Bewildered and confused, Kagome forced herself to look around.

Kuwabara was there, brandishing an energy sword.

A dark clad midget like demon was starting the chase them.

And then she saw him...

...Suuichi.

He stood slightly off into the shadows, looking at her with an equally bewildered expression as he watched the hanyou run towards a small shack with Kagome in his arms. Hiei was giving chase and gaining on them, but Kurama couldn't move. Only one thought was racing through his head.

'She knows.'

Kagome's eyes grew wide as they fell upon the whip in Suuichi's hand. Realization sunk in in the cruel manner of reality.

Suuichi was a demon.

He and Yusuke and Kuwabara and the other, had been trying to kill Inuyasha.

Maybe they had been trying to kill her.

Tears welled up in her eyes as Inuyasha yanked open the door to the well house. She knew what was going on. They were going to escape to the feudal era. Inuyasha couldn't use his wind scar here, and without it, he couldn't beat them.

Suuichi was a demon.

He had tried to kill Inuyasha.

Yusuke had tried to kill Inuyasha.

Kuwabara had tried to kill Inuyasha.

Sapphire eyes met emerald for a split second and time seemed to stop for the second time that day. Kurama couldn't bare the emotions that flooded her beautiful eyes.

Pain.

Fear.

Confusion.

Anger.

Betrayal.

There was nothing that he could do. She knew now that he was a demon. She had seen with her own eyes that he had tried to kill the hanyou. From his dreams, he knew that the inu was someone very dear to her.

It was unforgivable.

Suddenly Kurama's eyes widened as he realized something.

The hanyou was carrying her into the well house as a last attempt to protect her. Hiei was close behind. The koorime could easily tear apart the feeble structure, killing them both at once. Fear clutched his heart as suddenly he raced forward.

"KAGOME!"

It was the last thing that the miko heard before suddenly Inuyasha plunged over the edge of the well. The last thing that she saw was Suuichi's emerald eyes, wide with too many cluttered emotions for her to identify, his hand reaching out to her, his scarlet locks billowing behind him as he raced forward at an inhuman pace.

Suuichi was a demon.

Yusuke had called him Kurama.

Suuichi used a whip.

Youko used a whip.

Kagome's eyes widened.

Then the blue light of the well's ancient magic flashed, and she was gone.

_______________________________________________________________ _

=========================================================

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN MY POLL! (If you didn't read the author's note then the poll is marked by *****'s all around it. Just scroll back up - you can't miss it!)

Ha ha! Kagome knows! She knows!

Or does she?

Either way there's bound to be lots of trouble in the next chapter!

Preview:

"You defended the hanyou. You attack with your rose whip with the full intent of missing the half demon and seperating us so that I could not strike him with my katana. You betrayed me, Kurama." Hiei spat angrily, fire flashing in his crimson eyes to try to cover the pain that was there.

Kurama couldn't bring himself to meet the koorime's accusing glare. Nor could he say anything. He couldn't deny what Hiei said was true. For it was.

Kurama had betrayed his closest friend. [2]

[1] Mauvais: I'm not sure if this is an actual english word. I just couldn't think of any word that I wanted to use so I substituted with a satisfactory french one. It's definition tends to be quite liberal, ranging from stormy to mad to bad to wrong. I'm using it to describe Inuyasha's angry, stormy, attitude here.

[2] I say that this is a preview, and it pretty much is. but I suppose you should probably look at it more as a summary of a scene or maybe even most of the chapter. I most likely will change to wording and such, but the general idea is the same.

REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!!