Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inu Meets Yu Yu ❯ Forgive and Forget? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kurama was still wary of Inuyasha, however. He was not as easy to forgive as Kagome. Especially after all he'd done. How could Kagome forgive him that easily?

As if sensing his wariness, Kagome turned to Kurama. She smiled at him, and in her look she seemed to say, I'll explain later.

"Uh, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked. "Where are we?"

"I don't really know myself. Kurama?" Kagome asked, turning back to Kurama.

"Genkai's shrine. She was Yusuke's teacher. I was thinking she could teach you things I could not. But I think we might have to wait till tomorrow morning." Kurama explained.

"Tomorrow morning shouldn't be too far off." Kagome said. "But for now I think we should rest somewhere." she said as she saw Shippou yawn.

"But why? I'm not ti-" Shippou had to pause there as he gave another yawn.

"I'm sure you're not tired. But we should rest anyway." Kagome laughed and jumped into a tree.

Inuyasha jumped into a tree next to her, but Kurama jumped into a tree branch right above Kagome.

He watched as Kagome and Shippou in her lap immediately fell asleep, but then looked over at Inuyasha who was watching him. Kurama then pretended to fall asleep, but he still watched the hanyou through half closed eyes.

Inuyasha sighed. Kagome had forgiven him, yet it seemed the flower boy still had grudges. He couldn't blame him, though. He didn't exactly like the red head when he didn't do all those things to Kagome.

He fell asleep, knowing full well that Kurama was watching him. But not really caring.

*****

The next morning, Kurama, Inuyasha, Kagome and Shippou woke up to a loud bang.

Inuyasha fell out of his tree with a thump, Kurama pulled out his rose whip, and Kagome held onto Shippou and stood in attack position.

"What do you demons want?" they heard from below.

Kurama sighed in relief.

"Genkai! It's me!" Kurama yelled, and jumped down from his branch, landing much more gracefully then Inuyasha.

Inuyasha growled as he got up.

"Ah, Kurama. What are you doing here?" the older woman known as Genkai asked.

"I came to see if you would accept another student." Kurama said, bowing.

"Nope. I'm done teaching." she said.

Kagome and Shippou jumped down.

"And who are these kitsunes and.... dog?" Genkai asked.

Inuyasha growled at the name, but stayed standing where he was.

"I am Kagome and this is Shippou. That is Inuyasha." Kagome introduced, and bowed.

"Feh." was all Inuyasha said.

"Let me guess, you wanted me to teach Inuyasha?" Genkai asked.

"No, actually. It was Kagome I was hoping you would teach." Kurama said while Inuyasha mumbled something about 'not needing any stupid teaching' and 'stupid old hags think I need teaching'.

"Hm. I guess I'll think about it. As long as it has nothing to do with Yusuke's twin over there." Genkai said and started going back to her shrine.

"Follow me." she said.

"I'm nothing like that weak human!" Inuyasha yelled indignantly.

"More alike than you think." Kurama muttered under his breath, but Kagome still heard it and giggled.

The group then followed Genkai to her shrine, seeming to be recovered from Genkai's spirit blast that she shot at them.

*****

Inside, they found everyone from both times there. Except Miroku and Kaede, who were still back in the Feudal Era.

"What are you doing here, dimwit?" Genkai asked Yusuke. "Hmph. There's nothing else to do, grandma. Since Kurama and Kagome disappeared from Koenma's office. But I see you found them." Yusuke replied.

When the group saw Inuyasha, though, Sango drew her boomerang from her back, Hiei his sword, Yusuke powered up his spirit gun, and Kuwabara just stood there.

"It's ok, guys. Put away your weapons. Inuyasha broke up with Kikyou." Kagome said, as Inuyasha took out Tetsusaiga, ready to fight for his life.

Everyone slowly put their weapons away. It seemed Sango and Hiei had left Koenma's office to search for them also. Keiko had gone home, but Botan was there.

"So why did you guys come here?" Sango asked Kagome.

"Kurama wanted to see if Genkai-sama would train me." Kagome replied.

"You could find millions of better teachers than her, Kagome." Yusuke commented.

"And you could find millions of better students then you." Genkai said.

Kagome smiled. Behind the arguing, she knew both Genkai and Yusuke shared a special bond. Just like... Kagome shook her head. She was probably wrong. Just like she thought that Inuyasha and she had shared a special bond. How naive she had been, she saw as she reflected back on the pass two years.

"So are you going to teach Kagome?" Sango asked Genkai.

"That is for me to decide." Genkai said as she sipped her tea.

"I know that! But you could tell us your decision." Sango said.

"That is for me to decide." Genkai repeated.

"Grr!" Sango said and stomped outside, obviously angry.

Hiei mentally smirked. It was so easy to make the ningen mad.

"Why don't you go calm her down, Hiei?" Kurama joked.

"Hn." Hiei said, glaring at the kitsune.

"Oh stop teasing him, Kurama!" Kagome said, playfully punching his arm.

"AHH!" Everyone heard Sango scream from outside.

They all rushed to see ten demons outside surrounding Sango, who seemed to be bleeding at the arm. Her boomerang lay on the ground, covered in both demon blood and her own blood dripping from her arm.

She pulled out a dagger she had hidden in her pocket. It was a very weak defense, but her right arm was useless, and she couldn't throw her boomerang with her left arm.

A demon moved in, and she dodged the attack and made a cut in the arm. But it wasn't fatal, and the cut would heal in a few hours.

"You are nothing but a puny ningen. You may have defeated a few of our clan, but you will die and so will the old hag." the demon that she had cut said.

Kurama and Kagome could tell Hiei went boiling mad at that statement. He unsheathed his sword, and disappeared. He then reappeared next to Sango and sheathed his sword. The ten demons fell apart into pieces.

"I didn't need your help." Sango bit out, putting her dagger back in her pocket.

"Ungrateful wench."

"Arrogant bastard."

"Ok, ok! Sango's wounded. You can continue your fight later." Kagome said to the pair.

"I'm fine, Kagome. It's just a little scratch." Sango said.

"Um hm. That's why you're holding it like that." Kagome nodded.

Sango glared at her. "I'm fine." she growled.

"No, you're not." Hiei argued.

Sango turned her glare too him.

He scowled, then tried to knock her unconscious. She smirked at him as she caught his hand.

But, he surprised her as he swept his foot behind her, effectively tripping her. She fell to the ground, landing on her right arm. She let out a strained scream as she passed out from the pain.

"Hiei!" Kurama scolded. "Did you have to do that?" Kurama then helped Kagome carry Sango back to Genkai's temple.

"They were coming to kill you." Yusuke said to Genkai.

"I know." was all Genkai said before following Kurama and Kagome.

Yusuke quickly followed them, not wanting to be the one who was left to clean up the mess of bodies.

Soon everyone left but Hiei, leaving him to clean up the mess. He glared at the temple were everyone was located.

Hiei quickly just burned the 10 bodies to ashes, leaving them to blow away in the wind.

He was about to head back to the temple, when he saw some lumps near the edge of the forest.

He soon realized they were bodies, cut in half by Sango's boomerang. His eyes slightly widened as he saw how many more there were. He guessed more than twenty more demons were littered around the clearing.

He walked among them and burned them all. He soon found Sango's katana. It was red with demon blood. He picked it up, and spun it around. It was a light sword, but deadly sharp. Excellently made. He walked back to her boomerang, and carried both back to a stream in the forest.

Hiei cleaned off the sword first, running it under the water. He watched the blood drift away in the stream. He wiped off a spot of blood that wasn't coming off, and slightly sliced himself. He didn't flinch, only watch his blood wash away down the stream.

He took the sword out of the water, and wiped it off on a patch of grass.

He then took her boomerang, and dipped in the water. He grudgingly admitted it was pretty heavy. When it was clean, he took a rag he used to clean his own sword, and wiped it off.

He then took both weapons and used his speed to reach Genkai's temple. He sensed which room Sango was in, and feeling no other presences, jumped into the open window and laid the weapons next to her bed.

*****

Sango woke up a few hours later. The first thing she noticed, was that her boomerang and katana were cleaned and laying next to her.

She tried to sit up, but winced when her arm started throbbing.

"Stupid wench. You're hurt." Hiei said emotionlessly.

"Thanks so much for sounding so concerned." she said sarcastically.

"Hn."

"Did you clean my weapons?" Sango asked him curious.

"Hn."

"Somehow I was expecting that." she said, rolling her eyes.

She sat up, despite the ache in her arm. The bed's covers fell away, revealing the top part of her body. She blushed as she realized the only thing she had on were bandages going around her arms and from her shoulder to her side.

She saw Hiei blush as well, and he looked away. She blushed a deeper red and pulled the covers to hide herself.

"Sango?" Kagome asked, as she opened the door to see a blushing Hiei and Sango, Sango clutching the covers to her chest.

Kagome started laughing as she realized what happened.

"It's not funny, Kagome!" Sango yelled at her. But Kagome didn't listen and just kept on laughing.

When Kagome finally calmed down, she turned to Hiei. "I need to change Sango's bandages."

"Hn." was all he said.

"She means leave, baka!" Sango yelled at him.

Hiei glared at her before disappearing out the window.

"What is it with him and windows?" Sango muttered.

Kagome only smiled and started to change Sango's bandages.

"Hey! When did you turn into a demon?" Sango asked, just realizing that Kagome had a tail, ears, and fangs.

"Where's the demon?" Kuwabara and Yusuke asked, opening the door and jumping inside. They looked over at Sango and saw her without the bandages on her chest. They started staring. "Hentais!" Sango yelled at them and covered herself.

Kagome punched both guys unconscious and shoved them out of the room.

Kagome quickly finished the job of changing Sango's bandages. She helped Sango get dressed in a spare miko outfit. It was a white haori and dark green hakamas. Kagome had also changed into a white haori and black hakamas. The hakamas had a hole for her tail to poke though.

"Hm, let me see. Black hair, silver ends. Black ears, silver tips. Black tail, silver tip. I'd say you were an ice kitsune." Sango said, looking at Kagome.

Kagome smiled showing her fangs. "That's what Kurama told me."

"An odd combination." Sango said.

"Huh?"

"And ice kitsune plus a plant kitsune equals a fire kitsune?" Sango thought outloud.

"Are you suggesting something?" Kagome said, eyebrow twitching.

"Nothing nobody already knows." Sango smirked, and walked out the door with a fuming Kagome behind her.

They ran into a chuckling Kurama, who had been walking past the door at the time and heard what Sango said.

This only served to make Kagome madder. "So you think so too?"

"That you and I are mates, or that we're parents to a kitsune?" Kurama asked.

Kagome stomped off fuming. "I'm no ones mate!" she yelled at the pair.

"Not yet!" Sango yelled back at her.

"Sango!" Kagome yelled, running after the girl who started running away when Kagome started chasing her.

Kurama was still laughing. Youko was smirking, but Suichi was blushing at the comment.

When the pair ran past him, he grabbed Kagome around the waist, stopping her from chasing Sango.

"Let go, Kurama! I have to kill her!" Kagome growled, fighting his hold. Kurama smiled, and kissed her, making her stop fighting him, and shutting her up.

"Get a room, you two!" Sango yelled at the pair, laughing.

The couple broke apart, both blushing.

"I think that's a good idea." Kurama said, surprising Sango out of her laughter.

Kagome looked at Kurama in surprise, and saw his eyes flash gold. She smiled as Kurama dragged her back into a room.

When they shut the door, Kurama and Kagome started laughing at Sango's expression. She had stood there with her jaw dropped, looking at the pair in surprise.

"You're attracting flies, wench." They heard Hiei say.

They quieted down to listen to the pair outside the door.

"So is your smell." Sango retorted.

"Weak ningen."

"Arrogant jerk."

"At least I know how to use a sword."

"So do I!" Sango said.

They heard Hiei snort.

"You saw my katana! I used it against those thirty demons!" she defended.

"You call that using a katana?"

"Well since your so good at this, why don't you show me."

"Hn. Waste of my time."

"You don't think you can teach." Sango laughed.

"What?!" Hiei growled.

"You don't think you could teach a weak ningen like me a few sword techniques!" Sango taunted. Kagome started to giggle at Sango's tactic.

Kurama told her to keep quiet.

"Hn. Fine. We start tomorrow." Hiei said grudgingly.

Sango seemed to loose herself in happiness. "Thank you!" she said, throwing her arms around Hiei and hugging the surprised fire apparition.

When Sango realized what she was doing, she let go of Hiei, her face red as a tomato. She coughed and looked away, not noticing Hiei's slightly pinker cheeks.

"Wench." Hiei muttered, trying to cover his embarrassment.

"Jerk."

"Ningen."

"Youkai."
< br> "Weak."

"Arrogant." as they were insulting each other, their faces kept getting closer and closer until they were centimeters apart.

Sango realized how close Hiei's face was too hers and her face started getting redder.

Hiei then did something that surprised them both. He kissed her. He was even more surprised when she responded.

"Get a room you two." Kagome said, mimicking Sango and standing in the doorway with Kurama smirking next to her.

They two immediately broke apart. "Kagome!" Sango yelled and started chasing the laughing ice kitsune around.

Hiei avoided all eye contact with Kurama, who was still smirking in the doorway.

"Get back here Kagome and let me kill you!" Sango yelled.

"Now who's getting a mate?" Kagome yelled back over her shoulder, still laughing.

Hiei and Kurama saw a laughing Kagome pass them, followed closely by a tomato red Sango. "Strange how she didn't deny it." Kurama said to Hiei.

Hiei glared at the fox. "Hn."

The pair ran by once again, and Kurama stopped Sango by holding her left shoulder.

Immediately he let go as Hiei's sword was at his neck. Kurama was still smirking, though.

Sango gave Hiei a puzzled look. That was until Kagome spoke. "When's the marriage?" she asked.

"Kagome!" Sango yelled, and resumed the chase.

"Obviously you care for her as well." Kurama said to Hiei, as the sword was gone from his neck.

Hiei glared at the fox but said nothing.

"I suggest you tell her how you feel before the monk tries anything." Kurama said, and pulled Kagome into the room, closing the door. Sango came right next the door, stopping just before hitting it.

"Hn." Hiei said, then started walking away.

"Jerk." Sango muttered.

"Bitch." he said, hearing her.

"Oh knock it off already! Everyone already knows you like each other!" Kagome yelled from inside the safety of the room.

"The moment Kurama isn't there to save you, you're dead, Kagome!" Sango yelled through the door, and walked away.

Kagome pouted inside the room. "You don't always save me." she said.

Kurama smiled. He lightly kissed her. "I'm wondering..."

"Hm?" she asked him.

"What do you look like as an actual fox? You have your form right now, but there was an actual fox form." Kurama said.

"You mean like Sesshoumaru's big dog?" she asked.

"I suppose." Kurama said. "How do I change into that form?" Kagome asked him.

"Concentrate on an actual fox, and put some spirit energy into it." Kurama said.

"Uh, ok." Kagome said, and thought of an actual fox.

After a few minutes, a light glowed in the room, coming from Kagome. When the light disappeared, a fox five times the normal size stood there, and seemed to be just slightly bigger than Kirara. It was an almost opposite of her demon form. She was a silver fox with black tipped ears and tail. She also had black paws.

When he saw her, he too changed into his fox form, for now he felt the power that he could do so. He was slightly larger than her, and had nine tails instead of her six. He was also blue, instead of silver.

They realized that with all that went on today, it was already sunset.

*Staying like this, tonight?* Kurama asked in her mind.

*Yup. I like this form. I didn't know you were a telepathic* Kagome replied.

*Usually, I'm not. But with this form, we can communicate with our minds* Kurama explained.

*I see* Kagome said, yawning.

Kurama jumped up on the bed, and curled into a ball, his tail touching his nose.

Kagome jumped up also, and moved his tail and curled up next to him. He licked her cheek before both of them fell asleep.

*****

The next morning, Kagome got up and stretched. She jumped off the bed and walked out the door, leaving a sleeping Youko behind.

"Gotcha!" Sango said, and trapped the fox under a box.

Kagome growled. Sango laughed evilly. "I saw you in your fox form with Kurama. Why do you think the door was open?"

Kagome pawed the box. The only problem was, Sango was sitting on the box.

"I would appreciate it if you would stop sitting on my mate." Youko said. He had changed back into his demon form.

"Make me." Sango said defiantly.

Youko glared at her.

Kagome then had an idea, and changed her form. She was really cramped under the box, so she shredded the box. She only wasn't expecting Sango to come crashing down on her.

"Where's Hiei when you need him?" Kagome gasped.

Sango glared at her.

"Why would that baka be here?" Sango said.

"Because you're starting training today." Hiei said, suddenly appearing in front of her. Sango fell back in surprise at his sudden appearance and Kagome took the chance to stand up.

"Who's training?" Shippou asked, bounding into Kagome's arms. Botan came running after him.

"I had hoped you'd forgotten." Sango muttered.

"Hn. I don't easily forget like ningens." Hiei said.

Sango glared at him, but said nothing and followed Hiei outside to train.

*****

And to all the questions I know will pop up about Hiei training Sango, here's the deal:

Hiei wants to prove humans are weak.

Make sense? Does to me.

Yusuke: Then again, your mind works in wacky ways. When it works at all.

HO: I resent that!

The Hidden One