Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No Reason ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

No Reason
Chapter One
----------------
`All of us believe
That this is not up to you
The fact of the matter is
That it's up to me'
“The jewel's complete.” A woman's voice said.
“That it is.” A male's voice replied.
“Are we going to… you know?” she half-asked.
“Complete the plan?” A third voice, male, asked.
“Yeah.” She whispered back.
“Of course.” Both males replied at the same time.
“When?” She wanted to know.
“When she's alone.” The third voice said.
“I…” She stated hesitantly.
“Don't back out on us now Sango.” The woman, now, known as Sango looked appalled.
“I won't Miroku, Inuyasha. Kagome won't need the jewel where she's going.” Sango grinned.
“That's our Sango.” Miroku said grinning as well.
`Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey, Hey
Let's Go'
Kagome peered through the bush she was crouching in. She had heard the whole conversation. They were going to kill her to get the jewel. They hadn't sensed her yet; she had been using her concealing spells. She was stunned; she didn't know what to do. But the next words spoken between the three determined it.
`How can we fake this anymore?
Turn our backs away, and choose to just ignore
Some say its ignorance
It makes me feel some innocence
It takes away a part of me
But I won't let go'
“It's a good thing she's in her time for now.” Inuyasha stated.
“Yeah, especially since she's been learning those spells.”
“I should go get her…to finish the plan.”
“Mission GSJ is in operation.”
“GSJ?”
“Get Shikon Jewel.”
“Nice, Miroku, nice.” Sango stated sarcastically.
`Tell me why can't you see, it's not the way
When we all fall down, it will be too late
Why is there no reason we can't change?
When we all fall down, who will take the blame?
What will it take?'
Kagome ran back to the well before Inuyasha could leave and jumped in. She climbed out on her side and made it look like she was about to jump in.
“Oh, hello Inuyasha.” She said, her cheerful smile not reaching her eyes.
“Come on wench, you said you'd stay with us for a while.”
“I know, I know.”
“Well?”
“Yeah… One sec, I forgot something in the house.” Kagome put her pack down and ran into her house. She didn't know what to do. Her `friends' were planning on killing her! “Mama!” Then she remembered her mother was staying in Kyoto with her cousin and aunt. “Shit, shit, shit. What am I going to do? Think, Kags, think!”
“You coming wench?”
“One sec, Inuyasha!” Kagome raced to her room and pulled something out from under her bed. “Might as well actually get something.” She opened the case and what lay before her was a sword. It was about the size of Tessaiga untransformed but shinier. The hilt was wrapped in black material. On the sword, going up, it stated `Protector'. She had gotten it from Sesshomaru after the end of her secret training. No one new about it and she never took it to Sengoku Jidai.
`Nothing could ever be this real
A life unsatisfied that I could never feel
This future's not so bright
Some can't make the sacrifice
It's much more than just black and white
And I won't follow'
Kagome quickly tied it to her waist and concealed it. She went to her closet and took out her bow and arrows. Kaede had given them to her so everyone knew about them. That way she didn't have to explain anything.
“Hurry up, wench. Everyone's waiting.”
`Yeah right.' Kagome thought. “I'm just grabbing my bow.”
“Why?”
“You never know what demon is going to come after the jewel. I'm just being prepared.” Kagome appeared at the top of the steps, “Let's go.”
They walked to the well house and jumped in. Only Miroku and Sango greeted her.
“Where's Shippo?” Kagome asked warily. She almost didn't want to know.
“He… left…” Sango stated hesitantly. The scent of blood then hit her nose. Kagome didn't say anything, the blood's scent was coming from far away and they'd be suspicious of her.
“Well, where'd he go?” She asked, trying not to give anything away.
“I think he said…” Sango put her hand to her nose.
`Tell me why can't you see, it's not the way
When we all fall down, it will be too late
Why is there no reason we can't change?
When we all fall down, who will take the blame?
What will it take?'
“Kagome!” Shippo screamed and collapsed. He was covered in injuries and blood.
“Oh my god! Shippo!” Kagome ran to him. She knew it was Inuyasha who did this. She knew. Kagome didn't say anything as Shippo's breathing slowed down; she just put her hands over him and healed.
`Times like these I've come to see how,
Everything but time is running out'
Inuyasha whispered, “She's going to lose a lot of energy from this, let's execute our plan.”
“What about Shippo?” Sango asked.
“We'll kill him.” Miroku replied, a sadistic grin on his normally calm or perverted face. Kagome heard all of this, she had healed Shippo in a matter of minutes, and they had thought it would take her more. What they didn't know was that she was concealing more than 90% of her powers. The only saw a tenth of it. Kagome silently thanked Midoriko for training her with her miko powers and concealing spells. Kagome concealed more of her powers, making it look as if she was drained.
`Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey, Hey
What'
`“How's Shippo?” Sango asked with `worry' in her voice. Miroku came up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. His ki brushed against hers and he noted that she was very drained. He looked at Sango, then to Inuyasha and nodded.
“He'll live. My poor kit.” Kagome stated sadly. “Whoever did this is going to pay.” And Kagome meant that. Inuyasha was going to die.
“Don't worry, Lady Kagome, we'll be here for you.” `Yeah, here to kill me.' Kagome thought at Miroku's words. Kagome stood up and looked at her `friends'.
She was trying to find out how to do this. She figured she could take them out, one by one. “Miroku, can you carry Shippo to Kaede's?” Miroku nodded and Kagome put a small spell on him that would make sure he didn't kill him, just make it seem as if he did in his eyes. “Sango, want to take a bath? I feel drained.”
“Shouldn't you be resting?” She looked at Inuyasha and he nodded.
“Well, I just want a bath for now.”
“Okay, let's go.”
“Don't peep, Inuyasha.”
They walked in silence to the springs and once there, Sango attacked. Inuyasha wasn't near, so he had assumed that Sango could take care of Kagome.
Kagome looked at Sango with her sword posed to kill and smiled sadly. “I knew it would come to this. Sorry Sango.” She walked up to her and Sango, not knowing what to do, just stood there. Kagome chanted a small spell that would make it appear as if Sango was dead. Sango looked at Kagome thinking she had used some miko spell to kill her and collapsed. Kagome looked down at her now unconscious friend and sighed. Sesshomaru had been right, don't trust anyone.
Kagome used a spell to pick her up and she walked to Kaede's with Sango following behind her.
`All of us believe in what we need
What we have's what we don't see'
Miroku left Inuyasha with Shippo's `body' and headed to the springs. He wanted to make sure Sango did her job and not actually take a bath. But either would have been fine with him. As he was walking, Kagome came into view with a floating Sango behind her. Kagome did the same thing with Miroku as he stared at her in shock. And pretty soon she had two people floating behind her. She left them at the edge of the forest, a concealment spell on them so no one could kill them. It was Inuyasha's turn. Kagome towards the village and then her `friends', how could this have happened to her?
Inuyasha was carrying Shippo out in the woods when he saw Kagome heading to the village. No one was with her, so that meant…
“Kagome, where's-“
“Shut up Inuyasha.”
“What are you talking about?”
“What are you doing with Shippo? He's supposed to be with Kaede.”
“Feh.”
“Oh well, guess this can't be diverted.” Kagome snapped her fingers and the three awoke.
“Kagome-kaa-san, what's going on?”
“Shh, it's okay Shippo…”
“Miroku?” Inuyasha growled out.
“What?” He asked. Inuyasha pointed his head at Shippo and he gaped. “What? But I…”
Kagome looked over at the three people that she despised. That betrayed her.
“Are you done?” She asked bored.
`Tell me why can't you see, it's not the way
When we all fall down, it will be too late
Why is there no reason we can't change?
When we all fall down, who will take the blame?
What will it take?'
“Huh?” She looked up at them and chanted a spell again. They ended up tied to tress and Shippo sitting beside them.
“Whoa, what was that?” Shippo asked amazed.
“That was me.” Everyone gaped at Kagome and she finally unleashed her true powers. “Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, for attempting to kill me, I unleash the Shikon.” They didn't know what to say or do. “Midoriko, I, Kagome Higurashi, your protector, your guardian, call upon your aide.” Everyone looked at the growing mass of pink miko ki entwined with blue reiki. The column reached to the sky and everyone looked.
“Ka-kagome?” Inuyasha stuttered.
“Yes, my daughter? My protector? My guardian?” A woman's voice boomed.
“I call upon thee, my mother, to aide me in such ways that would taint but purify.”
“And, my daughter, what would that be?” She said.
“I wish…”
`Please don't Kags'
“that…”
`You re going to aren't you…?'
“your soul…”
`NO!'
“was…”
NO! Please, my daughter…”
“free.” Kagome finished.
“Please?” Kagome shook her head. The woman sighed. “You wish is pure, untainted yet tainted. Thank you but no thank you. Your wish is my command and as you command it, it shall be done. So be it.”
“Goodbye.” Kagome whispered. “I'll miss you Shippo. Come on, `Riko. Let's go say `hi' to the toddler. Farewell.” Kagome turned and looked at the swirling woman of blue and pink. She grabbed her hand and they faded.
`Tell me why can't you see, it's not the way
(So how long, has this gone on, I don't see this ending)
When we all fall down, it will be too late
(It's too late; we can't change what has now begun)
Why is there no reason we can't change?'
Koenma looked up from his desk, instead of the Reikai Tentei he had ordered to come, he saw two women. The first appeared to be from Sengoku Jidai and the second from modern times. Yusuke barged into the office, “What do you… Kagome?”
`(We act like, it's not right, why are we pretending)
When we all fall down, who will take the blame?
(We've been wrong, for so long)
What will it take?
(WE'VE KNOWN THIS ALL ALONG)'
------------
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho or Sum 41's “No Reason”.