Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No Reason ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hausho or Inuyasha. DON'T SUE ME!! I have no money! *cries*
No Reason
Chapter Four
-------------------------
“Some of the guards have been noticing strange behavior north-east in the mountains.”
“That's certainly helpful.”
“How many Lords do you know!?” Yusuke asked loudly.
“Two? Wait, what about Kouga?”
“Make it three then, mom.”
“Right! I know three lords!” Kagome said with three fingers up.
“Can we just move on?”
“Hey, mom, how'd you met these guys?” Shippo asked.
“Well, I met Yusuke through Keiko, she's my cousin. And the other two I met today. Stupid Koenma.”
“Why are you still friends with Yusuke, Kagome?” Kurama asked.
“Why wouldn't I be?”
“Didn't you know Keiko broke up with him?”
“Yeah, so? Just `cause my cousin is stupid doesn't mean I am. We're friends.” Kagome grinned at Kurama.
With that said, the group continued on until they reached Shippo's castle…
-------------------------
“Kaishi, I think it's time.”
“As do I, Naraku.”
“Kagura!”
“Yes milord?”
“Take my new pet to get some new toys.”
“But of course milord.” Kagura said with a disgusted undertone.
-------------------------
Kagura was being tested by Fate. Well, those were her thoughts any ways. Kanna had finally done the unthinkable; she had defied Naraku, which had ended up being her demise. So that meant Naraku no longer had a mirror to see through. And as Kagura had thought, she was being tested by Fate. She could kill the offspring and head to the group, as she wanted to do when Kanna was alive or she could follow Naraku's orders.
And as Fate would have it, Kagura chose door number one. She got the poor being, brought it outside, and quickly disposed of it when they were far enough from her two `masters'. She wondered why this one had been so weak; it was unlike Naraku's usual behavior to send something so weak to attack.
Kagura thought back to the miko's group, she didn't believe they'd trust her; she was Naraku's `offspring'. The only thing different about her situation is that she had part of her heart.
She spotted the group in front of her and raced down. Immediately everyone was on guard. She didn't blame them; she did smell like Naraku much to her disgust. The miko stopped them from attacking her.
“Kagura, what brings you here?”
“I only come to warn you of Naraku, Lady Kagome.”
“No need, we know of his presence.”
“What you don't know, Lady Midoriko, is that Lady Kagome freed the dark soul, Kaishi, when she freed you as well.”
“What?” Midoriko shouted. “How could this be?”
“I only wished for Midoriko to be free, so why would this `Kaishi' person be free too?”
“Because, Lady Kagome, Lady Midoriko's soul was semi-merged with Kaishi's setting his soul free as well.”
“Fuck.” Kagome said. “How could I have done something so incredibly stupid again!?”
“It's not your fault, you didn't know!”
“So? I broke the jewel and then I let some freaky evil being free? How are those things not my fault?”
“Kags, you didn't know. Don't beat yourself up for it.”
“Okay, so it's been five hundred years roughly. Okay, so Naraku's been reincarnated and Kaishi has been what, plotting for five hundred years?”
“Actually, he's been terrorizing demons, stealing power, you know, the regular absorbing demon type thing.” Kagura stated casually.
“What!? Does Koenma know about this?” Yusuke screeched.
“Um, I don't know.”
“Maybe he sent us on this mission because of it.”
“He's been with holding information again, can I kill him?” Kagome asked with puppy dog eyes.
“Hn, no because I will.” Hiei answered Kagome's question.
Kagura looked at the group arguing about who would kill Koenma. She had to leave soon or Naraku would get suspicious. “I have to leave, but I will contact you soon enough, Lady Kagome.” She said as she hopped on her giant feather.
“Well that was odd.” Shippo said. “We're almost at my castle, shall we?”
The group nodded and continued on their way.
-------------------------
“Kagura, you're back quickly. I'm to assume you failed?”
“It wasn't I who failed, it was your new pet,” She spat out, “milord Naraku.”
“I see… Leave us.” Kagura turned on her heel and walked away.
“She's lying.”
“What makes you think that, Kaishi?”
“A gut feeling.”
“Mmm… We'll have to send it.”
“This soon?”
“If Kagura disposes of it, we'll know this time. If only Kanna hadn't disobeyed me.”
-------------------------
Kag/Kur - 1
Yus/Kag - 2
Hiei/Kag - 4
-------------------------
Sess/Riko - 3