Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No Reason ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho,
No Reason
Chapter Three
-------------------------
The five walked towards the east, not meeting any youkai along the way. It was as if all of them in the vicinity had felt their powers and ran. Which they probably had since none had attacked during Kagome's and Midoriko's light show. Everyone was restless, not knowing what to do. But when they heard Kagome cry out…
“Ah!!! Oh my God, `Riko!!!”
“What?”
“I totally forgot to ask about Shippo!!”
“Quit your whining, I'm sure we'll figure something out.”
“Why do you call her `'Riko'?” Kurama asked.
“Eh?”
“Yeah, Kags, you said she was your mother, but you call her `Riko.”
“Well… it's kind of hard to explain…”
“We've got time.”
“Okay, so you know the myth about the Shikon no Tama?”
“No.” Yusuke said bluntly.
“Well, it starts off when a powerful miko was battling a youkai compiled of hundreds of youkai. She was quickly growing weary so she pulled its soul out along with hers and created the Shikon no Tama.”
“Crazy lady.”
“Shut up, Yus-kun. The taija village near by guarded the jewel, but demons continued to seek it for if wished upon one could destroy everything. The jewel also increases youkai power levels. So the village asked another miko, Kikyo, to keep it pure and away from youkai claws. She did so, but as she was caring for a bandit a hanyou came to steal it. She didn't kill him like the others but instead they became friends.”
“Okay, sorry to interrupt you story telling, but how does this have to do with anything?”
“It has to do with everything, Yus-kun. Trust me. Any ways, Kikyo promised the hanyou the jewel only if he wished to be human. Kikyo had grown weary of guarding the jewel and wanted to live life as a normal woman. The bandit, Onigumo, lusted after Kikyo and when he heard about Inuyasha, the hanyou… yeah, he called upon youkai in the area to devour his body and they became one. Now known as Naraku. “
“But this has-“
“He killed Kikyo and made it seem as if he hanyou had done it, for he was-is- a shape shifter. Inuyasha had stolen the jewel, knowing Kikyo wasn't there because he secretly wanted to be a full fledged youkai instead of human. He was running for it when Kikyo's arrow pinned him to the Goshinboku for eternity. Kikyo was dying and she knew it, so she told the village to burn the Shikon with her body.
“Fifty years later, a girl of fifteen came around. A centipede youkai had pulled her down her shrine's well. Unknowing of what to do, she ran to the Goshinboku where she saw the hanyou. The local village mistook her for a youkai and brought her to the miko. Kaede, the miko, told her she was the reincarnation of her deceased sister, Kikyo.
“Eventually the girl freed the hanyou and found out she had the jewel in her body. She accidentally shattered it and they had to search for it across Japan. The encountered a kitsune kit, a monk, and a taija and her neko companion from the village near the cave where the Shikon was formed. Eventually the rag tag group killed Naraku and the Shikon no Tama was complete.”
“The end?”
“No. The girl had learned much of her growing miko powers and her weapons skills nearly exceeded Fluff-kins. She had been concealing her powers while walking through the forest when she over heard her friends, not the kit though, talking about killing her. She had come back early so the hanyou wouldn't have to get her, but when they were nearing the end of their conversation she jumped back into the well and faked jumping back in.
“The miko of eighteen ended up tying her group of back stabbing friends to trees and unleashed the Shikon. She wished for the creator's soul to be free add then they left to see an old `friend' of theirs.”
“Okay, so how does this have to do with Midoriko here being your mom?”
“I tell you my life story and this is what I get?”
“Your life story?”
“Yep, I'm the girl. `Riko was the creator. And now… the finale! `Riko had a kid out of wedlock and sent her to our time where my adopted mother found me crying. It had a note saying Midoriko couldn't keep me that my name was Kagome, blah, blah, blah. So mom brought me up but `Riko's my birth mommy.”
“So why do you call her ``Riko?'”
“'Cause she's only like eighteen looking and don't you think it would be odd if I went around calling her `mom'?”
“True…” And like all good stories end, a powerful demon was heading their way. The boys stood in front of her, but Kagome, recognizing the aura, pushed the boys aside and waited the inevitable hug.
“Kagome!” A fox demon, as tall as Kurama, slowed his run down and hugged said girl. He had auburn hair and a beige tail. His ears were pointed, as was the type in his breed of kitsune, and he had bright green eyes.
“Oh my God!!! Shippo!?”
“What other kitsune do you know?”
“Well, Kurama.” Kagome said with a shrug and then proceeded to hug him.
“Mom… can't…. breathe…”
“Oh! Sorry!” Kagome laughed a bit. “Shippo, I'd like you to meet Kurama, Hiei, and Yusuke.”
“Why did he call you `mom'? And don't tell me it's going to end up in this huge ass story!”
“Heh, he's the kitsune kit!”
“Um…”
“It was five hundred years ago, so shut up.”
“So, you saw Fluffy already?”
“Yeah, just the same as I remember him.”
“We missed you.”
“What happened after we left?”
“We?”
“Yeah, me and Midoriko.”
“You mean that swirly thing?”
“Yes, that swirly thing.” Midoriko added. “Just because I was a manifestation of Kagome's powers doesn't mean you have to refer to me as a swirly thing.”
“Pft, umm… let's see, we left Inuyasha to Fluffy, you should have seen the look on his face when he found out. And I totally freaked when I found out you were secretly seeing him, it was creepy when he actually came to the village and asked for you. Then Kaede and I had to explain everything he just looked all pissy and left.
“Any ways… umm for Sango… now don't look at me like that but the village hung her for betrayal against a priestess. And Miroku was stripped of all his powers and was left in a rag to forever serve the fat old women at a brothel.”
“Harsh, but they deserved it. What did Fluff-kins do?”
“I don't know; you'd have to ask. He's never told anyone.”
“Hmm… Okay! Let's go gang, no point in dawdling here, we need to find and kill Naraku!”
And so the group plus Shippo headed east once more. “Oh, and another thing. I'm the Lord of the East.” Shippo said grinning.
-------------------
Yus/Kag - 1
Kag/Kur - 1
Kag/Hiei - 1
Sess/Riko - 2
Thanks to everyone who's reviewed so far!