Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Might And Magic ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]






Kagome grinned as her friends took in the the appliances of the future. She was sure they would have done more damage by now but the only thing that was destroyed was the microwave which Sango thought was making a youkai warrior cry and the toilet which Miroku thought was a tidal wave. Shippo had just clung to her leg. They were all currently looking at the shower, wondering how rain could come from in the house. Kagome chuckled slightly but winced when the wound on her back started to open up. This hadn’t gone unnoticed by the ever observant Miroku.




They soon had her up into her room as she tried to convince them that she was alright. But it was in vain. Pulling up her shirt, Sango gasped. On Kagome’s back were five long claw-like gashes. They were deep and blood was still pooling from the openings. But how come it hadn’t shown on her shirt? And why hadn’t she felt it before.




As Sango traced the marks Kagome closed her eyes in pain. Finally she couldn’t take it anymore. Relaxing her tense body Kagome welcomed the darkness that had started to cloud her closed eyelids.





_____________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________





Sango opened the door to Kagome room, taking quiet steps as to not wake the girl inside. She looked around the room and saw the lump in the bed.




Kagome tried to even her breathing as Sango came in. She really didn’t feel like talking and she new that was Sango was there to do. It was none of her business anyway. Right? Plus she needed peace and quiet.




“ Kagome,” Sango started. Or not. “ I know your awake. You’ve been asleep for two days and I need to talk to you.” Sango moved over to the bed gracefully. That’s what years of fighting youkai did to you.




“ What happened to you Kagome? And how come you didn’t tell us before?” Sango sat in front of her best friend waiting for the response. Everyone had been itching with curiosity and she was going to get answers.




Kagome sighed almost silently before looking at Sango straight in the eyes. She really didn’t feel like talking to anyone right now but she knew she owed it to her and everyone else.




“ Inuyasha picked Kikyo and then attacked me.” She waited for Sango’s intake of breath.
“ And I didn’t tell you because well…I forgot.”




Kagome shrugged as if it didn’t mean anything to her. But it did. She was still trying to figure it out also. And she still had no idea why she hadn’t felt the wound till she had come to the future.




Sango sighed heavily. She knew that was all she was going to get from Kagome. For now. But until she was ready she would wait. Right then she would find away to kill Inuyasha.




_________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________





“ Lady Kagome, what is school in your era like? You haven’t really given us any detail on it.” Kagome put the iron down to regard her best friends. It had been three weeks since Kagome had had that conversation with Sango and she was better. Her wound was almost completely healed and the only thing that signified that it had ever been there was the faint pink lines running down their length. It only hurt when she touched it.




“ Well school’s a bitch that doesn’t know how to shut up and the students are made up of slut bags and jerks. The teachers don’t know half the stuff their teaching and hate kids. But I’m sure that if you stick with me they’ll leave you alone.” Kagome gave them a confident smirk before going back to her task.




Sango shook her head at her friend’s new way of speech while Miroku just smiled. Kagome had sure changed since she had come back from the Feudal Era.




Over the time Kagome had been healing Kagome’s mom had arranged for Kagome, Sango, and Miroku to be transferred to a new school called Sarayaski High. Kagome’s cousin already went there. Well for Sango an Miroku it wasn’t being transferred. This was actually their first day of school. Kilala would stay at home while Shippo would be going to the same school as Souta. With a scroll that they had found on the shrine’s property he looked like a seven year old human boy. No tail, youkai ears, or claws could be visible.





“ You know, Miroku,” Kagome said with a mischievous smile, “ You would look really nice in this uniform. Imagine what all the girls in school are going to think. What wet dreams…” Kagome trailed off as Miroku’s eyes took on a lecherous dreamy gaze. Sango was currently glaring at him with a tick beginning to form on her forehead. Kagome snickered.




“ Come on Sango. We have to wear are uniforms. I’m sure Miroku can dress himself. Or he’ll miss all the beautiful girls.” She put her hand on her heart as if to say a woe is him. But Miroku had missed it. He was already running to the room that had been chosen as his own with his uniform in hand. Kagome laughed while Sango clenched her fist in anger. Stupid lecherous monk.





Kagome dragged Sango, who was still angry, into her room and locked the door after her. She turned around as Sango plopped on her bed and walked over to her closet to get hers and Sango’s uniform.




“ You shouldn’t let him get to you, Sango,” Kagome said gently even though she was the one who started. “ That’s just his ways. Besides you should know that he likes you a lot. I mean he gropes you more then any one else I know. And I’m beginning to think your provoking him.” Kagome raised her eyebrows suggestively while Sango blushed a light shade of red.




“ I think you’ve been spending to much time with Miroku, Kagome.” The latter merely raised her eyebrows again.





By now Kagome had the uniforms spread out on her bed. They had arrived from the school three days ago but Kagome found she didn’t like the way hers looked so she modified it. Sango had just left hers the way it was.




When both girls had finished dressing Sango had on the usual uniform. A navy skirt that was a little below knee length and the white sailor shirt with a red tie. Brown shoes were on her feet with white socks.




Kagome’s was different. Her skirt was the same color except it was the same length as her old skirt. The shirt was a long-sleeved white buttoned up blouse with a boys navy tie. She wore a sleeveless navy vest and brown shoes with long white socks.




“ Are you sure you don’t want me to change your uniform, Sango? I’m sure you’ll look beautiful in a short skirt. And if there are any perverts you are obligated to hit them. But if they keep bothering you I’m obligated to hit them.”




Sango laughed and stood up in front of Kagome. She shook her head no and was about to walk out of the door but was yanked back by a small but strong hand.




“ Not yet, Sango,” Kagome exclaimed smirking, “ I still have to do your hair.” Sango’s eyes furrowed in confusion but Kagome was already leading her towards her desk. Sango plopped down on the chair and waited for Kagome to do what she wanted to do with it.




Kagome bit her lip in thought trying to think of what to do with Sango’s hair. First she combed it back and put it in a high ponytail. No that one wouldn’t work. She had it to often. She then tried to put it in a braid but decided her hair wouldn’t look right that way. Combing it again she let fall down her back with her bangs framing her face. She put a mirror up to Sango’s face and smiled at the gasp that came from her mouth.




“ Hey, can you do my hair to. I have no idea what to do with it.” Sango nodded at her and Kagome sat in the chair that was previously occupied by the youkai slayer. She waited for what seemed forever to her and sighed when her patience started to reach empty. But when Sango was finally done she was happy with the results.




Her hair was put into one long braid, waist length to be precise, and hung over her shoulder. Her long bangs were framing her face; out of her eyes. Kagome smiled at he best friend.




“ Thanks Sango.” She received the same smile she gave.






___________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________




Kagome, Miroku, and Sango were walking towards school with Kagome pointing out different sites on the way.




“ You guys remember what to say right. I seriously don’t want to have to explain shit.”




Miroku laughed quietly and answered her easily. “ Yes Kagome. We know what to say. I’m your best friend who just moved in with you because my parents just died…’




“ And I’m your cousin from your father’s side,” Sango finished. Kagome grinned at them confidently before pointing to a huge brick building. Sango and Miroku followed her gaze and marveled at the size. Even the shrine wasn’t that huge.




“ That’s the school. We’ll have to go to the office to get our schedule’s and such.” Then she grumbled to herself. “ I’ve always hated school secretary’s.”




They walked into the building and Kagome’s assumption that Miroku was going to be popular with the girls was correct. As they were walking they heard things like ` Whose that hot guy’ and ` I bet those girls are real sluts’. Kagome glared at them and they stopped but as soon as they thought she was a safe distance away they’d start up again. Kagome clenched her jaw. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to start a fight on the first day of school.




They soon reached the principle’s office and Kagome was still mad, Miroku was flirting with girls, and Sango was mad that he was flirting with girls. She was almost tempted to take out her hirakotsu but remembered that she didn’t have it with her.




The secretary was on the phone, filing her nails and didn’t seem to notice them. She was pretty enough, not like super model pretty, but enough to get noticed. She looked around late twenty’s but you could tell by the way she talked and carried herself that she was real bitchy.




After calling her name numerous times and not getting any answering call ( Ms. Yatosha ) Kagome pounded her fist on the desk. The secretary looked up from her seat and regarded Kagome coolly. The girl was to pretty for her taste. And her friend was pretty as well. It was then that she caught site of Miroku. Sango’s hand twitched but she refrained herself from hitting the older woman. Miroku hadn’t even noticed. He was to busy watching the watermelons that she so “ graciously “ left out in the open. Kagome clenched her jaw again. She really didn’t mind the whole Sango-Miroku it was just that she really hated secretary’s




“ Excuse me, Miss Yatosha,” she said glaring, “ My friends and I need to get our schedule’s. Were knew students.” The woman looked at Kagome and glared slightly. This girl was definitely going to be a problem.




“ Names?,” she asked letting her gaze go back to Miroku. The boy was absolutely delicious. She just wondered how hard it was going to be getting him in her… She was pulled out of her thoughts with another pound on her desk.




“ My name, Ms. Y, is Kagome Higurashi and this is my cousin Sango Higurashi.” She indicated towards Sango who was still wondering if she should hit Miroku or the woman. “ The boy id Miroku Menomaru, my best friend.” She gave emphasize on the last word so that the woman would get it straight. Sango looked like she was about to blow. Actually, that wouldn’t be so bad.




Ms. Yatosha looked on her computer to confirm what they said before printing out papers that neatly fell onto her desk. She handed them over to Miroku but Kagome took it. Giving the girls a barely concealed glare she turned to Miroku. “ Bye, Miroku. Hope you have a nice first day of school.” She gave him a seductive wink and Kagome dragged him along with Sango out of the office. Damn it, she really hated secretary’s.





___________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ______




“ Now let’s see. I have first period with Sango and second with you also. Third by myself and fourth with Miroku. Fifth with both of you and sixth we have lunch together. Seventh with Miroku and eighth with Sango.” She quickly went over their schedule’s telling them that she would take them each to their classes till they got used to it. They both nodded.




“ You have homeroom with Mr. Tenashu, Miroku and me and Sango have ours with Mrs. Fushigi. Come on Miroku. It’s not that far away.” Both people from the past followed Kagome as she walked on ahead, once in awhile Sango and Kagome would get catcalls but Kagome glared at them and Sango blushed slightly. She didn’t think she was that pretty.




They had soon reached Miroku’s first class and Kagome was opening the door to the classroom. She opened it wide and waited for Miroku to enter before shutting it close behind him. Miroku had to do this part on his own.




---------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------


< br>

Miroku walked into the classroom calmly, not letting any of his nervousness show. Even though he wasn’t afraid of the people he was afraid of how his first day of school was going to go.




The teacher looked up from where she was reading a book. Oh, the new student had arrived. He smiled pleasantly at him and Miroku returned the gesture. The teacher called the class to attention.




“ Class, Class, may I have your attention please.” Some of the commotion went down and they turned their attention towards the front of the room. The girls squealed and the boys looked at him enviously. “ We have a new student here. Would you please introduce yourself and tell us something about you?”




Miroku turned towards he kids of the room and smiled charmingly at them. Again the girls squealed and Miroku his a grin.




“ My name is Miroku Menomaru and I just moved here a few weeks ago.” He gave another charming smile and the girls went dreamy eyed. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad after all.




______________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________




Sango trailed after Kagome as she led them to their homeroom. She was so nervous but she knew she would have to do most of the talking. Kagome would only insult everyone there. She smiled amusedly.




“ Were here, Sango. Are you ready for a fucking waste of time?” Sango laughed. It was just like Kagome to try and relieve the tension. Then she was suddenly grabbed by the hand and into the classroom.




The room hushed as two girls came into the room. One being grabbed by the other. Who were those two? And why one of them not have the traditional uniform? And why were they so pretty? The last was asked by most of the girls.




Kagome cleared her throat and leaned against the near wall. She wanted to see how Sango could handle this. Besides she needed to check for any…predators.




The teacher turned around at the sound of someone’s voice clearing. She smiled when she was met with a pretty but friendly face. Next to her was another girl who’s features made her look like an innocent little school girl but the way she held herself made her seem tough and stubborn. Studying their faces she noticed they looked eerily familiar. Then she got it. They were the one’s.





_________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________



That took a lot of time. I’m not sure if I should have a lemon in this or not. You can vote if you like. The next chapter is going to be up seriously soon. Ja Ne.