Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain Don't Mean a Thing ❯ Persisto est Fabula ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Est Fabula, Chapter 7of Pain Don’t Mean a Thing

~~
I am sorry to say ((ok, only slightly, really let’s be honest)) that I hold belief to discontinue this story in the way to write a new one entirely. Granted, I’m gonna be totally unoriginal on this one, and use some of the same bone structure for this fabled new story. But I’m thinking of a new twist I can add to it- a whole chapter of FTW, wow-ness. Mwhaha…. Actually, I’m kinda toying with just writing that Twister onto this story instead. Oh yes, I’m lazy…. Well then.
On to the more (in) formal introdutions.
~~~--~~
Sorry I’ve been away for so long, but what can I say? I’m a procrastinator- I can’t help it. I’ve actually kinda lost flame for this story, so In an effort to reclaim said flame, I am going to try to write a few chapters this Spring break to get it to my FTW, Wow-ness chapter. After that- Who knows? Mwhahaha . Wow, my micro word just Changed “Mwhahaha” into “ Maharaja” interesting.
It has also come to my attention just how confusing my story is. I formally apologise, for then and the future, knowing that I cannot right this wrong without tainting it just a little bit further. I have no clue if I’ve gone over what’s been shaking in the Feudal era, but I’m about to get a whole lot deeper- and a whole lot more cliché .

Also, I will let you know this upfront. The resulting chapter will no longer be the offspring of some deadly demons plot, it will infact be a chapter That directly interferes with the Anime “Princess Tu Tu” if you don’t know what that is, you might want to read up on wikipedia. This interference will be post-anime… somehow. It might be a cameo or I might make it an ongoing understory. I dunno, but either way, Expect Drosselmeyer and Ahiru to make an appearance- If I do continue this forth, Fakir will most certainly come into play. Oh yes, the bishonen cannot be left behind.


Now… where the hell did I leave this thing off at? I’ve got a story to continue!”
--

Drosselmeyer-san: All you children who like stories gather round,
Minna-san: Persisto Est Fabula!

*~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~*

The morphing darkness that enveloped Hiei and Kagome became unbearable, Suffocating them, filling their lungs with every confused breath. It became a second skin, filling every pore that was possible without completely stopping bodily function, placing so much pressure on every inch and strand of hair, fighting seemed futile; moving seemed ludicrous. Lungs oozed this black liquid, eyes saw nothing, and the darkness now had an acrid smell and taste; like blood.
Hiei and Kagome could both feel energy being pried from their immobile bodies. The Jagan, suddenly awakening beneath this smothering force, pushed and pulled at the mind behind this. It invaded the unsuspecting demon. Once said demon noticed the sudden and swift attack, he pulled back, having drawn the energy he needed anyways, and fled. The black oppression began to fade, a dropped an exhausted Hiei and Kagome to the cold, hard, unforgiving forest floor. Kagome took a small look at Hiei noting he was still breathing and in relief passed out. Hiei on the other hand glanced at the now down-and-out Kagome and struggled to find the small device in his pocket that would alert Koennma of this situation. Hiei knew he would not be awake much longer, and even if by some miracle he was able to resist a different kind of darkness, he would not be able to defend himself or the onna. Once he found it, he opened it to reveal Botan’s ever cheery face, which dropped greatly after seeing Hiei in such a state on the other end. Taking little notice of Botan, Hiei croaked out his message.

“ We have been attacked, no…strength to fight, in danger, send the fox” and immediately he was gone, immersed in a world of dreamless sleeping, and an urgency to heal quickly.
-------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

Botan almost dropped the Compact when Hiei finished what he was saying. What could have possibly taken both of them down? Let alone enough for Hiei to ask for help. This. Was. Not. Good. Botan Scurried down vast corridors and through the throng of Ogres all working frantically- more so than they should have been, Botan Idly thought. Without knocking Botan burst through Koennma’s Office door. “ Koennma! Koennma! Hiei and Kagome have been attacked! Both of them are out cold, oh dear, what could have done this?

Koennma? KOENNMA!! WAKE UP, THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOUR STUPID NAPS!!!” Koennma awoke with a start and glowered at Botan.

“And what in the bloody blue blazes are you spouting off about? Can’t you see I’m taking my nap?” Botan went Tight lipped her normally kind eyes steely.

“Very well, Koennma, I see your much to busy to deal with the possibly death of Hiei and Kagome. I mean, you’re COMPETELY right, this can wait. OR I can just go to Ennma, so go and sleep, I have better people to be informing of this.” Botan turned and swept out of the room in a very snappish manner, not leaving any room for a retort or an ‘I’m sorry’. Botan was serious, She would Contact Kurama right now, while Locating the Hiei and Kagome…. Hopefully together. She Opened her Compact and moments later a rather groggy Kurama appeared on the screen. “Hello, Botan, anything wrong? Surely your not calling just to chat” Kurama’s mouth turned upwards in a sleepy attempt at suave humor. Botan didn’t share the humor.

“Hiei and Kagome have been attacked. Both are down and out, Hiei didn’t look good at all Kurama, he asked for you. I’m about to use my locator to find him, but I don’t expect much of a signal, Kurama.”

Kurama nodded gravely, already understanding what this could mean. Instantly, Kurama was thinking of the plants he should bring, what could have done such a thing, how serious it must be for Hiei to want help and a million things, all being processed but the amazingly brilliant and multi-tasking able mind of Suuichi-Youko-Kurama, all three entities were working together for once, rather than at the common odds they were at. Brought out of his deep thinking by a triumphant ‘ah-ha’ from Botan, Kurama’s plans clicked into place

. “found them?” he uttered softly.

“Yes, in the Kyoshibi forest. Near the northern shore of the lake there. Do you think you can find them from there?” Botan looked hopefully at him, and Kurama of course nodded.
“yes” was his short reply before closing his compact and shoving it in his pocket as he gathered the things he would need and took off. He raced through the night, quickly coming to the forest and then after some searching found the pair, both were sickly pale, and their faces were gaunt. Their energy signatures were almost indefinable against the forest, and that was not good. Kurama immediately drew herbs from the multiple pockets in his attire. Noting Kagome’s energy was fluctuating less, and was not nearly as drained, Kurama attended to Hiei first. Opening his mouth he placed a single leaf of the Majartei plant under his tongue. This would give him a slight boost in energy, and help stabilize it . Still Hiei did not wake. His worry and attention were refocused when he heard Kagome scream, if silently, and writhe. Then suddenly, it stopped, everything stopped; no longer could the birds and the sounds of the forest be heard, for everything was frozen in place.

Just as oddly, and increasingly alarming this had happened, a voice rang out; lauging at his expense, it seemed- at all of their expenses.

“ What will you do now, little fox? What can you do now?” The frozen landscape suddenly jumped to life, but not in a way one would expect nor want. Eyes opened and peered at him from the scenery, as if the trees and the forest were mere back drops, cut in the shape he desired to see from.

“ The Miko and the Fire Demon, attacked by a Shadow hand! Oh, what tragedy, what delight- for, what could one such as you do for them? You’re mission will fail quite horribly and everyone will suffer! If only you could but wake the Miko, for surely she could feel the brazen trail left behind, surely she could do something.” Seeing the foxes incredulous face dawn with some semblance of recognition the mysterious eye-man laughed again.
“Oh dear, I believe I’ve said too much, the story must continue on now!” he chuckled now, more to himself than for affect.
“Ah, I have overstayed, it’s seems time for some tea- Come Uzura, we have much left to be done, and you to have use of!” His last, albit, annoying chuckle faded leaving only the monstrous eyes behind which winked at Kurama and then disappeared with a ‘pop’ as the forest once more lived and colored like it should.

After Kurama’s senses returned he set to waking Kagome- for even if the Event itself made no sense- what was said, for the most part, did. Pulling a mortar and pestle out from some confine on his body Kurama laid roots and herbs next to where they now lay on the grass in front of him. He began to grind them into a poultice and, for the final touch went to collect water from the lake. Just as he dipped his hands in a small cry rose from the surface just as the small Duck that had made the sound surfaced, looking rather hurried for breath. It took a simple look at the boy and her surroundings, and just a suddenly as realization dawned on her- so did unconsciousness as she fainted.
‘That could NOT have been a normal duck response’ Kurama mused, slightly amused by this strange event. He took the water to his mortar and finished his concoction.
He dipped in two fingers and opened Kagome’s mouth, putting, what was destined to be ill-flavored, onto her tongue. He then moved to Hiei removing the leaf from earlier and doing the same. Kagome, of course roused first and sat upright, her hand accompanying her temple as she did so.

“ Kurama, what the hell just happened? The last I remember is walking here, and… and nothing.” Just before Kurama had the chance to answer Hiei awoke in much the same fashion, if not more confused.

“ Why the hell am I here? Why the hell are you here Kurama? As I recall KaGoMe,” he obliged grudgingly. “ said you were not to follow….” silence.

“WHAT is the god-awful taste in my mouth?” Both Hiei and Kagome looked at Kurama suspiciously. Kurama, of course, merely rolled his eyes and went to wash out his mortar.

“ Some demon of an unknown fashion attacked you both, in a ditch effort Hiei called me fore help before the two of you passed out… both of your energies are astoundingly low, more as if they were drained by a magic or force than had you battled and over-exerted yourself.” Never once did he mention the odd old man, nor look at the duck that seemed to be staring through him with… intelligence, with knowing. It was simply too unnerving.

After much bickering and protesting the fox got up to leave, he was , of course, surprised when the duck silently followed him. Sighing he picked the duck up and drowned out the sound of Kagome and Hiei muttering to each other over the events that they could not remember.
“ What are you little duck? You look like you, like you understand something I cannot even fathom.” The duck merely looked up and gave a quaint quack as she burrowed further into Kurama’s arms. He sighed. Why couldn’t his life have some semblance of normalcy? He chuckled. ‘ not as if what I am in itself is normal in the least. Perhaps it is too much to ask’

------------------------------------- -

After much annoyance Kagome managed to convince Hiei to meditate with her to regain their powers. Each sat to face each other, knees touching. Through half-lidded eyes Hiei glared at Kagome. He was not so weak as to need her assistance in such a menial task. Of course, what really angered him was that her argument for such was valid and could not, under call of duty, be ignored. Being separated at the moment could be dangerous, sure, being together hadn’t done anything to prevent what had happened, but it had gotten them help. Kagome glanced up at the koormie and chuckled at an unexpected thought.

he’s a lot like what I image any offspring between Sesshou and Inuyasha would have been… perhaps even a little bit of Naraku thrown in for a punch.’ she simply couldn’t help it. The image was just too funny.
what the hell are you laughing at woman?’ Hiei asked in her mind rather than voicing his question.
nothing you would understand at the moment, Hiei. Personal humor.’ Without more being said they both closed their eyes and began to empty their minds. As they sat and meditated the energy they were focusing began to swirl about them, faint at first, then it began to grow exponentially. Kagome was surrounded by her pink and purple energy, which shifted it’s shades and hues as I violently began to lash about her and envelop her in it’s glow. In contrast Hiei’s Energy was black, and as his energy replenished itself, red began to seep into the color as it too

fluctuated in shades and hues. Hiei’s Jagan, being a separate entity kept it’s self a wary look out for any attackers. Though the two Aura’s glowed brighter and brighter, that did not mean that they were already at full power, in all actuality both Kagome and Hiei had a long way to go.

They both sat like this for hours, in and out as their Aura’s slowly began to expand until they stood at the boundary of touching each other’s energy. The energies met, and began to flatten against each other, both avoiding an actual merge until the very last they could, for it would be their weakest point. Even the Jagan would not be able to warn Hiei of any dangers at this point. In an instantaneous flash their auras slashed out, far beyond their reach of their bodies, the colors an amazing array of reds, blacks, silvers, purples and blues. For a whole minute this continued on, the colors dancing a pa de deux as they were flung about, helping the harvest of energy from the elements around. The colors began to lose their vibrance as they began to retreat into their owner’s bodies. As the last tendril was absorbed into the sitting pair both opened their eyes in sync.
“ That went well” Kagome muttered with a small smile.

She was about ready to collapse, her body tired from exerting itself, and then reigning in so much power. She smiled sleepily and rose wearily. Hiei merely nodded in acknowledgement, also standing with little vigor. His eyes drooped, and he stumbled slightly. Sure, he felt more powerful than ever from this group meditation, but is body was so weary after such a day. He would sleep well tonight. As they walked into camp in a sleepy, but comfortable silence he glanced at the tree he had thought to sleep in.

That wasn’t gonna happen. Too high up, and he doubted he’d wake up if he fell out of it, and probably wind up waking up half-dead from a neck injury. Best not to chance it. Quickly kicking all of the extra wood from last night’s fire into a small pile and igniting it, he sat beneath the tree closest and promptly fell to sleep without so much as a word to Kagome. Somewhere in the back of her mind she was startled to find that it was night time once more. She wondered how long she had been out before Kurama revived the both of them.
If she could recall it was probably around two or three at that point, and then, convincing him to leave, then getting him to put it at five then meditating. It must have taken much longer than she and expected because her internal clock was saying ten pm; hmph. Her eye’s drifted downward to the pull of gravity and then next thing she knew, the sun was angrily trying to fry her like and egg AND blind her. Birds were making an obnoxious racket throughout the forest and some other bugs were buzzing about. She groaned groggily burrowing deeper into her sleeping bag. Which was, much to her dismay, like an oven. She sighed and peeled the heavy fabric back from her body, subjecting her pale legs to the sun’s deadly rays.

“Hiei?” she muttered, wondering if was already awake.
“yes, onna?” he muttered back, also trying to hid from the terrible, terrible sun.
“ What did we say about the name?” she asked preparing her body to stand, in a half-hearted annoyed tone.
“something ridiculously pointless, I’m sure.” he smirked, celebrating the small victory in his head.
“Oh shut up, Hiei.” she grinned standing to her full height, not that that was all that much. Then again, who was here to make fun of her for it? The little spit-fire over there? Hardly. Kagome grabbed her compact when it started to beep at her, telling her somebody on the other side wanted her attention. She rolled her eyes and opened it.

“Welcome to the forest, what animal can we send to maim you?” she asked, looking totally serious, well, except for her smirk. “Yo, how about a cat and a fire demon? You can ship em’ right to the school!” Yusuke replied, glaring at the two.

“You guys were supposed to be here two hours ago!” he grumbled, annoyed that HE was at school when THEY were skipping. That didn’t seem fair at all.

“Sorry about that Yusuke, something happened the night before last with some random demon, I’m surprised Kurama didn’t tell you guys yesterday.” she looked into the compact questioningly.

“Yhea, well he said you be back by today. Speaking of, have you guys seen him since that night or heard from him? He gave us a ring on the compact to let everyone know what went down and then he didn’t even show up the next day!”

“The fox is missing?” Hiei hissed, immediately trying to call out to him with his mind. No dice.

“Great.” Kagome muttered, rubbing her now throbbing temples. Somewhere in the back of everyone’s mind came a chilling laughter, one that was just utterly amused with himself. Of course, this alarmed everyone.
--
Kurama was perplexed. On moment he was just about to pass out on his bed and the next he’s standing among cogs and wheels, all of them turning at a furious pace. Then, that laughter, the same from last night. Without understanding why a name came to mind and mouth, resounding in everyone’s minds in the same bleak place the laughter appeared.

Drosselmeyer”

----------------- ------------------

Mwhahaha end of this chapter, kind of short by my standards, but hey, you’re getting your story, aren’t you?
Not much to be said down here for once, So here’s a song and were off!

“Dancer in the Dark”
Rasmus

Fate Lies ahead
Like the Sun will Rise
The Light has been gone
Far to long from your eyes
But you never changed
Never played your part
And you have erased
All the fear from your heart
And tried to forget
The light in your eyes is fading out
Nights falling deeper in the heart
Hiding the truth and crashing down
My baby's a dancer in the dark
You've seen it all
You dont mind going blind
You've seen it all
All the wonders of Life
Run to your boy
Dont conceal your scars
Run to your boy
And let him feel your love
Before it's too late
The light in your eyes keeps fading out
Nights falling deeper in the heart
Hiding the truth and crashing down
My baby's a dancer in the dark
Your sight is dying but you keep on trying to save your boy
You keep on lying but your false illusions will be destroyed
You heard it calling, but you turned your face, never played your part
Your heart ain't singing, but you dance away like a falling star
Dancer in the Dark
Dancer in the Dark
Dancer in the Dark
Dancer in the Dark



Minna-san : Let the Credits Roll!