Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ River of Crystals ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

River of Crystals
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha grinned as he wiped the blood from his Tetsusaiga. Hiei had a frown of distaste as he watched the puppet dissolve into dust. IT was too easy to beat in his opinion. Shippo had ran over to the miasma barrier and tried to break through it. It burnt his skin away before he even touched it. Shippo called out to Kagome to receive no reply. His emerald eyes turned to the right to find Miroku holding Tessa. His pupils widened in memory and shock. It was like a constant nightmare he had buried.
 
 
“Sango!” Miroku cried out as he held her broken body.
 
“Mi…roku,” Sango whispered as she coughed up blood.
 
“I love you…don't go,” Miroku pleaded.
 
“Love,” Sango whispered as her eyes closed.
 
 
Shippo shock his head and ran over to her. Nothing was going to be the same. They had Kagome here to stop the monster. He listened for Tessa's heartbeat and found it weak, but steady. Hiei snorted and watched the barrier intensely.
 
 
 
 
Yusuke growled in aggravation. He slammed his fist down as he watched them clean up. That barrier was still holding strong; nothing could be seen. His brown eyes traveled over to find Suiichi stirring. Suiichi lightly sniffed the pillow and began to grin. His green eyes snapped open; he remembered everything about Kagome. Sitting up, he reached and touched the shoulder she fired the arrow at. The pendant was still in his hand. He ran a hand through his hair and walked. Yusuke looked up when he noticed movement.
 
“Yusuke…what are you doing in my room?” Suiichi inquired. Yusuke snorted.
 
“Sniff the air and look around,” Yusuke advised as he stared out the window.
 
Suiichi looked at him weirdly, but did what he said. His eyes widened when he found Kagome's scent all over. He traced everything with his eyes before he shot to his feet and looked out the window. A giant dark purple barrier covered a certain area like a dome.
 
“How did I get here?” Suiichi asked.
 
“Youko was stalking Kagome, his soul was drawn to her, or should I say your soul?” Yusuke asked as he sat on the ledge.
 
“Youko?” Suiichi whispered in confusion.
 
“She knows that you're Youko,” Yusuke clarified.
 
“How?” Suiichi asked.
 
“Inuyasha told her, plus you showed up as Youko and then turned into you as you passed out,” Yusuke answered.
 
“Inuyasha,” Youko whispered. He was the Inu hanyou that he had been forced to kill.
 
“Inuyasha and Sango have been brought back…they know your innocent,” Yusuke replied before he jumped out the window.
 
Suiichi ran over and watched as Yusuke fired his spirit gun at the barrier. It reflected and vanished into the air. The pendant pulsed and he looked down to find it glowing. Suiichi looked from the pendant to the barrier and sighed.
 
`Naraku's last incarnation framed you,' Hiei sent to Kurama.
 
Kurama nodded and knew he remembered Hiei as a kid. He was Kagome's adoptive son. Suiichi jumped out the window and landed on the ground. The flames on the Goshinboku were dying. Suiichi studied the surroundings and found that they were in a barrier. He ran towards the barrier, the pendant pulled him towards it. Kagome was in there. Yusuke yelled out to stop but it was to late, he went through it. The pendant protected him from the poison.
 
 
 
 
Kagome growled as she punched Akago and sent him flying into the barrier. He laughed and punched her back. When she hit the barrier, her back singed from the poison. She gathered her ki and summoned her bow and arrows. Akago laughed as he dodged each arrow.
 
“You missed,” he laughed.
 
“Did I?” Kagome asked.
 
He was surround in a circle of arrows. He scoffed at her attempt and screamed as the Miko ki shot from the arrows and to him. Kagome dropped the bow and knew that he was too powerful. She was losing too much blood and ki. The battle was either going to be lost or at a standstill. She felt the other part of her soul returning. Akago scoffed and tackled her to the ground. Kagome grunted as her back hit the pavement. Akago wrapped his hands around her neck and began to choke her. She saw Suiichi approaching with the pendant.
 
Kagome reached out and called her soul back to her. The Miko ki was returning to her. It was still weak to her normal power, but she had come to a resolve. Kagome smiled at Suiichi before her face set into a look of determination. She reached up and covered Akago's heart with her hand.
 
“Stupid fool,” Akago hissed as her eyes glowed blue.
 
“Only a fool's wisdom can set you free,” Kagome whispered as she stuck her hands inside of him.
 
Akago screamed as she grasped onto his soul. Suiichi watched as the barrier dropped. The flames of the Goshinboku were out and the tree was a burnt trunk. Suiichi felt a wave of power push him away. Akago's grip loosened and he fell to the ground. His body turned to stone and the vanished into dust. Kagome was still gripping onto his soul. She screamed and a smile of bliss broke out on her face. A perfect balance was achieved.
 
“Kagome!” Suiichi yelled out to her.
 
Her face turned to him and forlornly smiled. Her eyes became blank and her body broke apart and vanished into the air. Tears formed in his eyes as he watched her soul stare at him. Her eyes were still the same dark blue.
 
“I've always loved you,” Kagome whispered.
 
Her soul slowly morphed into a Kitsune. Akago soul tried to flee as he watched her change. Her fox form consumed the soul and a white light flashed. They all covered their eyes. The light died down and they all looked to find the area empty. Tessa slowly opened her eyes as the poison vanished from her body. Suiichi ran over to the area and fell to his knees.
 
Suiichi wiped his eyes and watched in amazement as a small ball the size of a large marble fell into his hands. The sphere was a perfect dark blue. When the moonlight hit it, a dark platinum color reflected off of it. Suiichi held the Tama in his palm as he sat there in shock. He reached into his pocket and pulled the pendant out. The stone had broken and become cracked.
 
“Kagome,” Suiichi whispered.
 
“Not another one,” Inuyasha whispered as he watched the Tama.
 
“Her soul's in there, I can feel her,” Suiichi whispered.
 
Hiei glared at the Tama before he sent his mind out into it. His glare softened and before he could cry, he pulled out. She was singing as Suiichi held her inside that Tama. It was a sad and slow tune, but she stopped the song to whisper to him.
 
“With you always,” Kagome whispered.
 
They all stared at the new Tama in mild shock. They had all fought so hard to get rid of the Tama. Then Kagome went and sealed herself into one with Akago.
 
“Is Akago in there?” Suiichi asked.
 
“She sealed him away,” Hiei answered knowing that it was true.
 
“We'll have to find a Miko to guard this one,” Miroku spoke.
 
“No,” Suiichi firmly said, “I'm keeping her…it.”
 
“It won't remain pure in your hands,” Inuyasha growled. Suiichi glared and went to say something but Hiei interrupted.
 
“I'll watch over the Tama and Suiichi, if it becomes corrupt I will take it to Reikai.”
 
“It's hard to trust the one that killed you…even if it was by control,” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
“The Tama did go to Suiichi, I think it best he watch over it,” Tessa spoke up.
 
“Then I'll guard it till she can be freed,” Suiichi assured.
 
Suiichi stared into the Tama and smiled softly. They would be together; there were so many other lifetimes. His face went void of an emotion as he watched an image of her smile up at him. His eyes shone with unshed tears. He was still alone even though he had this memory of her. She would be free and then they would have their happy ending, but until that day, he would wait patiently and guard this new Tama.
 
 
 
 
Crystal memories
Touched by your voice, in the moonlight
 
"Nothing lasts." you said.
But everything still holds meaning in my heart
 
Hidden deep in my mind
River to the time
That we once shared together-
the pictures are still on the wall and why.
shining smiles, like snow flakes.
all melted and gone away
 
Only answer was to live.
and I am still here-
with your memories...
 
dreaming hopelessly.
holding in my heart
all the flowers you left...
 
Crystallized moments
Shattered into frozen pieces in my tears
 
River of moonlight
I hear your voice echoing.
but I'm here, alone...
 
Crystal melodies
moments so sweet, I remember
 
"Nothing lasts." you said.
Then why is pain still confusing memories
 
Only time will go on
River has its end
Our light was blown by the wind
My fingers reach out and find no one there
Rainy sky, please tell me my emptiness will be filled
 
Only answer was to live.
and I am still here-
with your memories...
 
walking hopelessly.
holding in my eyes
all the colors you left..
 
broken melodies
No more singing, no more laughing in the sun
 
River of moonshine
I hear your voice echoing
But I'm still alone...
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
I am so bad at ending stories; I can never give it the right ending! There will be no sequel; I wanted to make a story that would end on a sad note.
Thanks to all the reviewers and readers, I love you all!
I thought the song fit the story so I added the lyrics