Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Somebody shoot me!! ❯ Brain Overload ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Damn." Kagome swore, she held back tears of shame as she trudged back to the well. `I hate him.' She thought to herself.

"KAGOME WAIT!" Inu Yasha cried.

Kagome sighed then jumped into the darkened depths without a thought. She passed through the blue lights without smiling as she usually would. She landed silently on the bottom then climbed up the ladder not noticing that the ladder was as cold as steel . . . .

**********

Kurama halted in mid step and swivelled back around. Hiei, Kuwabara and Yusuke turned to look at him when they heard his footsteps retreating. "Oi! Kurama! Where are you going?! Konema called us to the briefing room!!" Yusuke called.

"I sense something coming from the well." He called back. Kurama hurried breaking into the run, the other three spirit detectives followed. The foursome stopped at the door to the well. The door was made of anuva - one of the strongest metals in the spirit world - not even Yusuke could break it open. The room in which the old bone eaters well was located was sealed off and air tight so that not even the tiniest speck of air could pass through. Yusuke reached out and was about to open the door when -

A blast of pure pinkish blue energy shot through both of the doors. The spirit detectives jumped out of the way, the beam just grazed Kuwabara's arm. The beam traveled down the corridor and blasted through several walls before disappearing into the sky. A raven haired figure ran out and fell to her knees gasping for breath, "Shit. It can't get any worse!" She breathed deeply.

"Who are you?!" Yusuke demanded stomping right up to her hands on his hips. "What were you doing in the well room?!"

Kagome looked at the black haired man then spotted Kuwabara nursing his arm - which had bloody gash, you could see the bone clearly (and he only got grazed by the beam too). "Shit. I did that to ya didn't I?" She asked rhetorically. The miko got up and sank down next to the injured man, she placed her hands on either side of the gash and closed her eyes.

"What are you doing?!" Kuwabara asked a bit frightened. Kagome looked around at the other three. One had black slick hair, the short demon in black had spiky flame hair. The injured one had dirty yellow weird looking hair and the demon in the human had long spiky red hair.

The teenager smiled, "I'm sorry about the gash - if I had known you were there I wouldn't have blasted the stupid door. I was suffocating because there was no air. Hold still." She murmured. The other three stood close by and watched in amazement as the wound started to heal itself. It was amazing, the muscle tissue, veins, fat and everything else were slowly growing back. It was both ghastly and enthralling to watch. When Kagome was done she pulled her hands away. She smiled sadly. "Sorry again. My name is - "

"KAGOME!?"

The five whipped around to see a small boy, a blue haired woman, Inu Yasha, Kouga, Sesshomaru, a red haired man and Jaken. Yusuke stepped forward. "You know her Inu Yasha?"

The hanyou didn't answer back. Kagome blinked, he was different. His hair was pulled back into a thick braid, he wore green translucent glases, a white shirt, baggy blue jeans, and white rubber shoes. Her eyes shifted to the other demons. Sesshomaru hadn't changed much, he still had his markings and his hair was still lose except he wore a black shirt under an open black trench coat, black pants, black boots and black fingerless gloves. Kouga still had his earrings, and his high pony tail, but he wore a white long-sleeved, a black vest, blue jeans and black shoes. Jaken was the same as ever. The red head looked familiar, he had brown eyes, his hair was tied back into a small ponytail; he wore a black muscle shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes.

Kagome looked at them all, "Wow. You guys have changed." She said quietly. She stood up and was immediately embraced by the red head.

"Kagome! I missed you so much! I thought . . . . . oh I missed you mommy!" He cried joyously as tears streamed down his cheek.

The miko gaped then held the demon a few inches from her. She looked him up and down. "Oh my . . . Shippo?" she gasped. The demon nodded sniffing with a silly grin on his face. "Shippo! My gods! You've grown so bloody much! My little baby is all grown up! Shippo!" she smiled and hugged him tighter

All of the sudden the kitsune was shoved out of the way and Kagome found herself in the embrace of a wolf youkai. "Kagome! Now that you've come back to me I can finally claim you as my mate!" Kouga said grinning wolfishly (I'm sorry I just had to put that in).

"My ass you will!" Inu Yasha growled spinning Kouga around and punching him square in the gut. Kouga growled and pounced on Inu Yasha. The duo started wrestling on the floor.

Kagome sighed then turned to Shippo. "Shippo. Where in the seven hells am I?" she asked exasperated.

Shippo broke out into a grin. "Not in the seven hells my dear. We're in the future-future!" He added, "We're now in the year twenty-two hundred."

Kagome gaped. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I am so screwed!" She groaned.

Shippo placed a hand on the miko's shoulder. "Kagome - "

"Now I'll fail school! And I'll die working at a gas station as janitor!!!" She wailed.

"What?!" The kitsune said in disbelief.

**********

Everyone minus Botan was present as they lounged around in the conference room watching the miko. Shippo was sitting next to the miko whilst Kouga and Inu Yasha fought to sit next to the remaining seat. Kagome was sitting on a couch and drank deeply from her cup of coffee. "So let me get this straight. After I left feudal Japan, Jedeki - a serpent demon - attacked Inu Yasha got the jewel and pieced it all together. But one piece was missing - the one I have. So Inu Yasha, Shippo, Sango and Miroku guarded the well for centuries . . . " She looked at Shippo quizzically.

"Sango and Miroku are off on a mission right now." The orange haired kitsune replied. "They're alive because Miroku cast a spell on them to make them live long - they're not immortal - they just can live a long time."

Kagome nodded. "So you guarded it knowing I would come out one day. You were waiting for me so that you could get a hold of the jewel shard before Jedeki - hey wait a sec! If you knew I was gonna come out one day then why'd you make it air tight?! I didn't realize I was losing air until I started choking!" She said indignantly.

Shippo sweat-dropped as did everyone else including Hiei. Konema laughed nervously, "Ah you see . . . . . we were trying to keep the wood from crumbling into nothing."

The miko rolled her eyes, "Figures. You were all awaiting my arrival and what do you do? Accidentally almost to kill me." She sighed, "So then demons started coming out and the spirit detectives came along and helped guard the well, so they built HQ here. So you've been waiting for me since. Right?" Shippo nodded.

Kouga finally won the seat next Kagome. Inu Yasha got up from the floor where he'd been tossed aside then walked over to Shippo where he promptly pushed him aside and took the kitsune's previous seat. Kagome slid closer to Kouga glaring at the hanyou. Kouga smirked triumphantly.

"Kagome! Please listen! I didn't nearly stab you and I didn't say all those things. It was Naraku disguised as me. Please believe me! You can even ask him." He pleaded.

Kagome looked at him confused. "Ask him . . . ?"

"Yes ask me . . . " a silky amused voice suggested in her ear.

"Yaah!" Kagome yelled, she fell off the couch and rolled around to see an amused Naraku smirking at her. He looked exactly the same except he wore modern clothing. He was leaning against the back of the couch watching her. Kagome blushed hard when he looked her up and down slowly as if undressing her. Kagome scowled and rubbed her head, "My brain is overloading. So Naraku is on our side - wonderful!" she snarled her eyes closed tight.

Kouga and Inu Yasha simultaneously growled. Naraku held up his hands in surrender and said smoothly. "I find her just as attractive as you two." He stated innocently.

"Somebody. Anybody. Shoot me." She muttered crossly.

***************

I know it was a bit confusing but I'll explain more next chap. And no I did not spell check nor grammar checked this - I have no time to yet.